Has O'Kane Gone Yet?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Eunan just tweeted "Maybe not then....."

Read into that what you will
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Maybe he has just been given a tour of Crawley!
Last edited by Richinns on 21 Jun 2012, 14:52, edited 1 time in total.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

royalgull wrote:Eunan just tweeted "Maybe not then....."

Interesting, it does seem a little strange that they don't appear to have talked wages at the initial meeting. If he's going to move there, what with the cost of living, a higher league and tieing himself into a longer contract you've got to think that they would need to come close to doubling his wages surely? If not, then why bother!
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

CP Gull wrote: Interesting, it does seem a little strange that they don't appear to have talked wages at the initial meeting. If he's going to move there, what with the cost of living, a higher league and tieing himself into a longer contract you've got to think that they would need to come close to doubling his wages surely? If not, then why bother!
Maybe he's most interested in playing at a higher level with a chance to progress further. it's a pretty reasonable assumption that he'd get more for being a League 1 player than League 2, so he'd know he'd be getting a salary bump of some sort.

If it has gone this way, I think it's kind of refreshing that he's taken a look at the football side first.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Rach
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Rach »

Richinns wrote:Maybe he has just been given a tour of Crawley!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Rach
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Rach »

"Eunan has got a couple of days to decide, so he's gone away to think about his situation and talk it over with his family and those close to him," said Ling.

http://www.thisissouthdevon.co.uk/Torqu ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

He's got an offer on the table from Swindon too but was impressed by the setup at Crawley.

Don't forget that they have a quality manager in O'Driscoll as well as Steve Coppel upstairs. As much as people hate Crawley as a club, they're certainly putting the right people in place after forcing out Fatty Evans.

Interestingly, Buckle is after Bodin so nothing is settled at the moment.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
miltonkeynesgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by miltonkeynesgull »

Southampton Gull wrote: Interestingly, Buckle is after Bodin so nothing is settled at the moment.
Very interesting. Also worth noting that he's signed Scotty Rendell on a free today - once again showing his preference for going with what he knows (and who wouldn't as a manager?).

Don't know whether that signing changes anything with regards him chasing Bodin?
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

This whole saga seems to be developing very slowly. Clearly O'Kane is having a good think about his options or has a new option become apparent for him?
TUST member 328
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

Richinns wrote:This whole saga seems to be developing very slowly. Clearly O'Kane is having a good think about his options or has a new option become apparent for him?
I expect we will hear something today. He probably had the weekend to think about it.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Is he getting itchy feet or what?
Lucy
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

royalgull wrote:Eunan just tweeted "Maybe not then....."

Well this is certainly dragging on......

Of course, EOK could have been "tweeting" about anything when he came out with the above ( nearly a week ago now) but given the timing - Lingy had just come out and said that Eunan wanted the move and just needed to sort out personal terms - it doesn't take a genius to work out that he probably was inferring that the deal being offered to him and/or his agent wasn't quite what they were expecting?

I would imagine that they are still trying to agree a deal, but whether they succeed or not will all depend how far apart they were in the first place and whether there is a desire on both sides to make it work.

This has dragged on for a few weeks now since the "offer"was first made and personally I think it's about time a decision was made, one way or the other. I think Eunan owes that to our football club as let's face it, it was his and/or his agent's insistence on this release clause that has even resulted in these negotiations being allowed to take place. When you consider how quickly Bobby O tied up his deal with Peterborough, he came back from his holiday, met up with them on the Monday and signed there and then, it does make you wonder whether this move is really what Eunan wants or whether he is still hanging on in the hope of a better offer elsewhere? Of course, he could always decide to go with Lingy's suggestion and give us another season and then make his move to the Championship next summer - after all we are a decent club with a decent Manager who will certainly look after his best interests.

Surely though it would be beneficial for Lingy to know whether or not he needs to replace his playmaker, a very important member of the squad in his planning for next season and if so then the sooner he knows the better. Not least because the funds brought in could then be used to chase our other targets such as Billy Bodin. I know we have the Bobby O money but it may well be that a large part of those funds are set aside to fund the new Training Ground etc. and of course it will effect what size his playing budget is going to be for next season and how far he can go in terms of offers to potential new signings.

Come on Eunan, make your mind up!!!!
Last edited by CP Gull on 27 Jun 2012, 10:59, edited 1 time in total.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

Although not published anywhere I have a sneaky the delay could be due another club/s triggering the transfer release clause and now he has further options on the table. I agree with you that the further delay is detrimental to our cause but I think it is inevitable that he will now leave. To whom I think is the only complication holding this up but hopefully this will be resolved sooner rather than later.
TUST member 328
blueboy
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by blueboy »

Richinns wrote:Although not published anywhere I have a sneaky the delay could be due another club/s triggering the transfer release clause and now he has further options on the table. I agree with you that the further delay is detrimental to our cause but I think it is inevitable that he will now leave. To whom I think is the only complication holding this up but hopefully this will be resolved sooner rather than later.
A mate of mine who's a Swindon fan seems to think they're back in for him.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

blueboy wrote:A mate of mine who's a Swindon fan seems to think they're back in for him.
Which could perhaps pave the way for Billy Bodin to move to Torquay?