Bodin back to Torquay!!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
northyorkshiregull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: benyon

Post by northyorkshiregull »

sky sports are saying he is going crewe.gutted if true really rated him
northyorkshiregull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: benyon

Post by northyorkshiregull »

todays herald is reporting that we have made another offer for bodin believed to be £50,000 after having a £40,000 offer turned down in January
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

northyorkshiregull wrote:todays herald is reporting that we have made another offer for bodin believed to be £50,000 after having a £40,000 offer turned down in January
Suspect this won't be enough but nice to know we are trying. Think Bodin would rather come here than Crewe but Swindon know Crewe have some wedge at the moment so will turn ours down knowing it is likely Crewe will trump it.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
miltonkeynesgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by miltonkeynesgull »

Agreed - good to know we are making an attempt to get him, and also that we're not putting a crazy bid in either. 40-50k is what he's worth (at this moment in time) and if someone wants to pay massively over the odds for him, then fine. He's a young and still largely unproven player, and anything more than what we've put in would represent a fair risk.

I'd love us to sign him, as I think he's exactly what we need. Will we? It's tough to say. Billy has said that he wants first team football, and we can certainly offer him that. Considering the fact he didn't really trouble Crewe's first team massively, maybe he would see us as a more sensible move. And with his Dad advising him, perhaps that connection will work in our favour. But in all honesty I can't see him coming here.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Never underestimate family connections. Billy wants 1st team football and Torquay is great compared to Crewe if your keen to live and play in a nice environment.
I have a gut feeling Billy will soon be a Gull. Just hope I am right.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

BBC Sport say we have bid 40k for Bodin, come on PDC do the honest thing and let him go
Lucy
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

As expected - Bid rejected.
Not sure where (if anywhere) we can go from here.
TUST member 328
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Let's be honest here, we managed to get £35k for Carayol who had played a total of 6 good games and some substitute performances in his entire career, £40k for Bodin seems pretty cheap to me. I reckon £60k is probably a fairer shout. Whether we wish to part with that, especially now Eunan is potential staying, is another thing entirely.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

I'm sure Lingy does have other targets lined up, obviously BB is his main one but we shouldn't break the bank. Anything under the £75k we paid for Constantine and I'll be happy with.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

Swindon will play the waiting game - hoping Crewe (with their recent windfall burning a hole in their pockets) come knocking. Not sure we can compete here - would love to see Billy back but I just cannot see a way of this happening.
TUST member 328
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

is Billy not out of contract ?? I know Swindon offered one, so in theory would go to a tribunal, but can he not just walk out, sign for us and go to tribunal ?? i know it's a risk, i'm just asking the question. or is billy still contracted to swindon ??
Brady

I Wish I Was There
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

Regiment wrote:is Billy not out of contract ?? I know Swindon offered one, so in theory would go to a tribunal, but can he not just walk out, sign for us and go to tribunal ?? i know it's a risk, i'm just asking the question. or is billy still contracted to swindon ??
We can risk the tribunal - he is out of contract. Depends on the size of our cojones!
TUST member 328
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

No suprise really here, Swindon know Crewe are interested and have serious cash , and its rumoured others are having a look, so for Swindon to let him go at £50k would have been daft, worth a try however.

If their is enough money to have a go at £75k got to be worth another go, if not time to forget him and move on, I think their is every chance a tribunal would put a £75k + value on him, and thats the risk our club would have to take if BB wanted to come here.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

I hope we don't go up to anything over £50k for Bodin. I like him and all, but I don't see there is anything more we could get from him that we wouldn't get from someone like Ashley Hemmings, who did well for Argyle and is available on a free.

Bodin is good, but at this time of year Premier/Championship academy or reserve throw outs who are as good, have pace and and can play wide are plentiful. We don't need to break the bank on Bodin.
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

Jeff wrote:I hope we don't go up to anything over £50k for Bodin. I like him and all, but I don't see there is anything more we could get from him that we wouldn't get from someone like Ashley Hemmings, who did well for Argyle and is available on a free.

Bodin is good, but at this time of year Premier/Championship academy or reserve throw outs who are as good, have pace and and can play wide are plentiful. We don't need to break the bank on Bodin.
100% agree.

Bodin is a good player, don't get me wrong, but there are plenty of people with similar ability available on a free. If Bodin was available on a free then I'd bite your hand off for him. But the fact is he isn't. Don't break the bank and move on if he isn't available...
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...