Aaron downes signs!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Ling is a shrewd bloke. It's all beginning to look very promising. Worth a bet on the Gulls for end-of-season top spot. And it's obviously between Barnet and Brizzle Rovers for second place...
miagsygas
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by miagsygas »

Gullscorer my old friend, you must mean second bottom!

And not atall upset, just don't want to irritate anyone seeing as a lot of noses were put out of joint by our idiots last year!
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

I believe Barnet and Rovers will both have good seasons, certainly better than last year, top ten for Rovers. The Gulls will be challenging again, for sure. Not that my forecasts are known for their accuracy.. Anyway, it's always good to hear from other clubs' fans..
Last edited by Gullscorer on 24 Jul 2012, 22:16, edited 2 times in total.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

Matt I know you must find it hard but be nice to others .... :~D :~D
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

ferrarilover wrote:Just a genteel reminder that they have their own playground if they want to discuss the relative merits of one mid-table cannon fodder blue and white tosser over another :~D

Matt.
Why? I'd rather read every single one of their posts about Bristol Rovers than anything you ever 'contribute' to the forum Matt!

As for Aaron Downes, very happy with the signing. He's a very good player who could turn out to be a cracking purchase, he could also turn out to be a disaster. Only time will tell on that one. I think I would prefer to see a more experienced back up behind him though.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

Matt in opens big mouth and offends forum poster shocker. Shirley not Matt, say it ain't so!
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Very happy with this signing. Solid, respected and seemingly a bit of a leader. No disrespect to Saah but he never came across as that vocal, but I'd Downes is then it puts us in a good position.

Not too concerned with the injury situation. For a start Damian Davey is no mug - i'd imagine Downes (and Cruise) have been subjected to more rigorous medicals due to their history and have come through.

And secondly, back in those halcyon days of 2003/4, our entire back 4 in that run-in (McGlinchy, Taylor, Woods and Hazell) all came to us on the back of long term injuries. If they hadn't been injured, they'd never have ended up in yellow and all that didn't turn out too badly for us!
highweekgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by highweekgull »

It seems easy to me

If you look on the BBC site you will see he has got injured during the last 3 Februarys

So simple, give the lad a holiday in February each year and have him play the rest of the year...
Tq2Yellow
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Derek Dawkins

Post by Tq2Yellow »

Nice twitter post tonite from Downes - pic of looking out across the bay in the sunshine stating why it was a great idea to sign for us - hope he likes the rain as well!
:keepie: :goal: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: