O'Kane to Bournemouth CONFIRMED

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Two things, if Craig is "so small (for a footballer)" is he really capable of playing centre-half (replacing Downes).

Also, why does everyone seem to think Easton is going to replace Eunan? As far as I am aware Easton is very much a defensive minded central midfielder, who to paraphrase Dinger Ling was brought in as backup for Lathrope.
I think with Bodin/Jarvis/Stevens/Craig/Macklin to play wide, Morris is first choice backup to Eunan, with Stevens/Bodin/Craig as the other options.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Not really an ideal replacement, but that's where he played against the Marines and he did ok.

Of all those players, you want the least talented of the lot to replace Eunan?

Matt.

Edit: Just seen you listed Macklin, so the above should read second least talented.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by diamondgirl »

Can I just get back on track here. Has Eunan actually gone/been interviewed by Bournemouth or is he staying? I'm confused. Yes, Trojan. I know it doesn't take much. :devil: :na:
"Thing's turn out best when you make the best of the way thing's turn out."
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

ferrarilover wrote:Not really an ideal replacement, but that's where he played against the Marines and he did ok.

Matt.

Edit: Just seen you listed Macklin, so the above should read second least talented.
I thought he played left back against the Marines with the 16yr old CB?
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

ferrarilover wrote:Not really an ideal replacement, but that's where he played against the Marines and he did ok.

Matt.

Assuming Bodin-Howe-Jarvis are the first choice front three, that leaves either a very defensive midfield of Lathrope-Easton-Manse or our best senior attacking central midfielder, Morris.
I'm convinced that given a run in the team he will prove a good L2 player.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Morris is definitely more suited to playing in the centre. Against Accrington he was having a shocker, Lathrope went off, Morris went inside and in 20minutes did more than I'd seen him do in his TUFC career to date. He can pass the ball, puts a shift in and has decent vision. But he was in a more defensive role, a position we already have 2 players for. Be interesting to see how he gets on a bit longer term in there.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

4-4-2 or Craig or Morris and the potential of Ling bringing a replacement in if O'Kane goes. Seems we have options.
TUST member 328
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

Been thinking on this and if Morris is more suited to playing in the centre and can do a good job here then why did Ling not play him in the O'Kane role and rest Eunan when his form was poor and he was out on his feet? We really needed that at the end of last season so maybe Ling does not feel Morris is capable?

As for Craig - would be very unfair and could have had a very negative effect throwing him in at the critical end of the season so I can see why Ling did not replace Eunan with him when we really needed it.

Time will tell but I have a sneaky Craig might be at the forefront of Ling's mind for this role.
TUST member 328
Tq2Yellow
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Derek Dawkins

Post by Tq2Yellow »

Have to say, I think this is the right sort of club move for O'Kane, of course I would want him for another season but would rather he went to a club that is 'bigger' than us but at least he will be playing each week!
I would of hated him to go to a club and sit on the bench or reserves when he could have been playing for us!
:keepie: :goal: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
markw
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by markw »

Gone if Sky sports are to be believed , reporting he has signed a three year deal with them
brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Post by brooker »

Good luck Eunan, you're still a yellow hero, and we'l all be keeping an eye to see how you do next season.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... ick-O-Kane" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
bobby93
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by bobby93 »

Disappointed, naturally, but I think it's probably a good club for him to go to and he was always going to leave eventually. Hopefully Mr Ling will bring someone in, but to be honest I can't see it now. Shame but at least it's not Crawley.
FINAL ISSUE (#13) & back issues of TUFC fanzine Highway to Hele available now from http://www.highwaytohele.bigcartel.com

Twitter: @highwaytohele
Facebook: facebook.com/highwaytohele
Rach
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Rach »

:( sad to see him go, lovely guy, glad I got a picture with him on Tuesday.

Oh and he didn't play coz he had a 'slight hamstring strain'
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Very sad that he is has gone, but it didn't look like we were going to keep him for one more year after all the interest in him from many clubs. Anyway the very best of luck to Eunan and thanks for everything!
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

Will always be a legend after those goals against those green...... !