derby games

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
costablancagull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Tony Scott

derby games

Post by costablancagull »

With Exeter and Plymouth and ourselves in the same division for the first time in a while.Which is the bigger Derby game Exeter or City?

Ive seen a number over the years but still cant say which is the bigger game? :|
costablancagull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by costablancagull »

sorry guys meant city or plymouth
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

Definitely City in my book. We owe them something after the play-off semi in the conference.

Don't know how others see it but I see Argyle as the bigger brother. Nice to beat them yet both sides have a mutual respect for one another, plus we both hate City!!
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

We beat the Gargs twice last season so need to prove nothing.

The greasers on the other hand....bring them on!!

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
gullsflyinghigh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rene Howe

Post by gullsflyinghigh »

City of course, not even a question..
nicktufc
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Euuuuuuuunan

Post by nicktufc »

I would say it is City. Not even a chance Argyle would take precident over them.

An mentioned before, we beat Argyle twice last season, and have unfinished business with City. However, I would rather wait and beat them where it really matters, in a knockout situation, as that is why their win at Plainmoor really hurts...
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

For years and years, it always meant more to me to beat Exeter but in recent seasons my dislike of Plymouth has overtaken that of Exeter and so for me, this season, I would rather we beat Plymouth. I enjoyed those two victories last season more than any in 33 years of watching Torquay. I cannot abide the arrogance that comes with PAFC and even still, reading their forum from time to time, there is still little humility.

It annoys me how some Torquay fans pander to Plymouth on Exeweb and Pasoti, as if to metaphorically tug their forelock at them and accepting our place uder the table colelcting their crumbs. This nonsense of PAFC as the 'bigger brother', means they patronise us as the 'little brother' 'pat him on the head', 'insignificant nobody'. Well they were certainly taught a lesson last year and I would rather the agony was prolonged for PAFC than ECFC if I had to choose.

Let's face it. Neither proclaim to be bothered by us, so I enjoy the misfortune of both but especially Plymouth. Horrible shithole of a city as well.
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

Agree with Hector. I strongly dislike Plymouth, and they are only a bigger club in the same way Liverpool think they are a big Power, dispite recent history suggesting otherwise.

I would love to be Devons top team, but I have no real dislike of City.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Sorry Hector, but your second paragraph is nonsense. What's the matter with some of you lot? Us Devon clubs should stick together. I want all three to do well, to get promoted into League One, and one day the Championship. And every season we play them, for us to thrash them both home and away! As much as it may please some Torquay fans to see our Devon neighbours fail as clubs or in competitive play, think again: that would actually do us no good at all. Don't hate them or their fans. Just enjoy some good banter, and beat them on the pitch..!!
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Hate Exeter, dislike Argyle, the bigger derby game for us is Exeter.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

hate exeter, got to do them thats for sure, we owe them big time,
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Used to be Exeter before last year, but the double with Argyle just felt so much bigger. Games at City always feel awful as their facilities are BSS standard.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Live in an Argyle area so its always been Argyle for me.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

For me it is Exeter, it's a no brainer.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
jonnyfive
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Gary Clayton

Post by jonnyfive »

Definitely City. Closer in terms of size and league history. And, as is crucial in identifying ones' rivals, they have an undefined 'scumminess.'
"Also, stands aren't sentient."