5 Brain Cells

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Post by brooker »

I do understand what people are saying, and maybe made the mistake of posting just after we got back from the game, when I was soaking wet, half cut, and not in the best of moods. Apologies for that!
It's nice to mix the chants, but personally I'm happy singing yellow army all day long when Plainmoor gets going.
Callumtufc
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Billy bodin

Post by Callumtufc »

Was at the game last night and middle was brilliant wondering if there's anyone whose still
Going to moan or was that better
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Sorry Callum it must be said, give it a rest with this oh everyone moans at us we are so hard done by lark, when critcism is due you will get it, when praise is due you will get that aswell.

And it must be said last night the singing group on the popside were first class, lots of Torquay related chants, instead of total bollocks aimed at a player who means nothing to us from the other team, keep it lads and you will only get followers not moaners.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

Glad to hear the atmosphere is good, I will be in tge bench as a one off on Sat, if I can hear the pop Ill be joining in, hopefully others will too!
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

i know i started this thread

but have to say well done for last night much much better!

more of the same for Saturday and 3 points :scarf: :scarf:

ps, good to see the bench getting involved
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
Callumtufc
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Billy bodin

Post by Callumtufc »

Notice the bench joined in a lot more think its because there sat right opposite us in
The pop now so they can hear the songs starting up
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

I have to say, down near the away end the Pop was pretty quiet in the first half. Couldn't really hear the singers in the middle at all.

Much better second half though down by the Ellacombe end. Drum and crowd in full voice.

I also couldn't really hear the Bench make much noise although I could see them clapping and appear to be getting into it. I guess the noise around me drowned them out.
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
Craney TUFC11
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Craney TUFC11 »

I sat in the bench again on Tues night. I think the problem with crowd noise is going to be an issue with such a split crowd now that the bench is up and running. The Family stand needs to be made an actual family stand and priced accordingly. i.e 2 plus 2 for say 30/35 quid family ticket, in order to get the crowd the whole way round the stadium rather than just either side of the pitch as being the same price or similar to the Bench, unless you prefer sitting behind a goal, I cant see why you would not go in the bench if you wanted to sit. At the moment the crowd from Tues night was probably split say 200 - 300 Family Stand 700-800 new stand and say Pop 1,000 - 1,200.

I normally stand very close to or below the singers and will probably be back there for the rest of the season. A few seasons ago it was very rare to be outsung in volume and amount of songs sung by any away support, even when they filled the away end. We all know that the acoustics of the away end are better than the pop side, but with the new stand there as well the away end noise has been even more improved. The new stand sucks in the away end volumes and Chelts seemed like they had a lot more singing than the 150 they had behind the goal. At one nil down you could here a pin drop in the bench, but I know that it will take two, three months before it gets its own atmosphere going. So unless the team are doing well in the game, I think volumes will be a lot lower this season.

Plus, before Tues I didn't realise how poorly the sound travels from the home end on occasions.