Torquay United v Plymouth Argyle, 8th September 2012.

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Don't put yourself down Stevie boy. It's all good! I've had over 2000 posts all pretty much meaningless cack, apart from the thread about cats obviously. That was serious stuff mate. :nod:

I've signed up to be a blogger too without actually knowing what i'm supposed to be doing. I'm crap with technology so if i get stuck you'll have to help me or i'l give Louis a nod. Like you say, us bloggers should stick together. :lol:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Parry
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Parry »

What is everyone's prediction for the attendance? It would be good to see it around the 5000 mark but perhaps that's being a little ambitious.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

stevegull wrote:In case anyone missed NickGull's delightful first blog then here's the team news:

http://www.torquayfans.com/squad-news-t ... -plymouth/

Thought I'd plug it for him - us bloggers should stick together! :)

EDIT: My 1000th post! It has been a journey, and to those of you still with me after the poor jokes, lopsided opinions and general disarry; I thank you.
Haha cheers. Did the little one about tomorrows ref as well just to familiarise myself with Wordpress again. Look forward to seeing other contributors, though I do think we need to have some sort of communication so two people dont end up writing the same thing! :)
Parry
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Parry »

The Bristows Bench has now sold out.
northyorkshiregull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: benyon

Post by northyorkshiregull »

If the bench has sold out it should mean with the away end and bench together we have nearly 3,000 tickets sold for those 2 stands.Get the pop side 3/4 full and 500 plus in the family stand and it should be a 5,000 plus gate.
Parry
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Parry »

I think with segregation the capacity is 2750. But even still, you'd think we'd get in over 2250 in the remaining 2 stands.
Last edited by Parry on 07 Sep 2012, 20:46, edited 1 time in total.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Very much looking forward to this one! We should beat Argyle and have predicted a 2-0 win, but it will be tougher than it was last year for sure.

As for the singers, it was good last year down the end and wouldn't mind going down there again, but the majority will be in the middle so that's where I'll be and may EVERY singer please follow! We need to be loud to get behind the boys and show everyone our amazing vocal support!

Bring it on! COYY!!
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
gullsflyinghigh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rene Howe

Post by gullsflyinghigh »

Looking forward to the game tomorrow, promises to be exciting and a good atmosphere too. Predicting a close 2-1 win to the gulls, and around 5000-5500 in attendance.
Danny, saw some chap put on facebook event (probably Joe Barlow) that the singers were headed down the end by the away fans. Best get yourselves sorted unless you want to have half in one place half in the other ;-)
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

going to go 3-1 to us, and 4463 there
still keeping the faith
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

I'm going 3-1 to us too but with 4462 there. 8/ ;-)
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

NickGull wrote: Haha cheers. Did the little one about tomorrows ref as well just to familiarise myself with Wordpress again. Look forward to seeing other contributors, though I do think we need to have some sort of communication so two people dont end up writing the same thing! :)
If we all put a 'working title' on our work in progress on word press before a piece is published that could help. Like when you're half way through a piece just save the title something that would let the others know what the blog is actually about and then when it's actually published on the site you can change the title to something snappier. I've not explained that well but it essentially means that you would open and save a word press file with the title 'Argyle match preview' for example. And then change it later when you're ready to publish.

And Andy I maintain that the cat V tables discussion was going to happen at some point, it was a ticking time bomb and you helped make the public aware of the growing debate between cats and tables. And for that, I thank you.

And I haven't used word press for a while but I can try to help if you're having problems with it. I think it's the best internet publishing thing around and once you've published a few things I'm sure even you can get the hang of it! :)
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
GazTheGull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: ...

Post by GazTheGull »

I'm heading down with a few mates and my Dad. I predict a 6-1 win and 4464 as the attendance. :)
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

:lol:

Anyone think 4461 might be there tomorrow? :~D
HeavenAndHele
First Regular
First Regular

Post by HeavenAndHele »

I'll be optimistic and go for 4465 :)
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

:lol: