Bristol Rovers v Torquay United - 20/10/12

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
friendlygas
First Regular
First Regular

Post by friendlygas »

Hi gulls, The chip shop near the ground which is good food and a pretty good price is THE BRISTOL FRYER and mis about 5 minutes from the ground.If you get the 75,76 from Just outside the bus station (Go Out the end of bus station turn left and there is a pub THE WHITE HART go past there and follow the wall around past the park and the bus stops are right there. The chip shop i9s the stop before the Mem and on the right hand side. Should be a good game but hopefully with adifferent result to last season!! Our Home record so far is the worst for years 1 win 2 draws and 3 defeats so not holding out great hopes (Buckle has managed to lower our expectations!!)
Good luck for the season but not at our expense!! You actually have more ex gas than we have ex Torquay- Rene Howe,Aaron Downes and Michael Poke.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Cheers for that, friendlygas. I was expecting at least one of you (most likely yourself as I doubt BritishGAS would have returned!) to come on before this weekend.

Whats the weather forecast like for Saturday out of interest? Don't want to be on that terrace if it's pouring down?!
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Hi FriendlyGas. pop into yate sometime and introduce yourself we love talking footy and meeting new fans You should see the footy fans congregate around the shop somtimes. There are a few Torquay fans here too.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
friendlygas
First Regular
First Regular

Post by friendlygas »

Nickgull,
Its nice here today . Weatherforcast for saturday is sunny 14 degrees and 3mph wind turning to bit cloudy by 4 pm with 4mph wind so pretty near perfect football conditions. Pitch is looking very good compared to last season-shame our footy hasnt been following suit! Dont ever envy away fans on our away terracing and would say its just a bit better than Exeter! Really looking forward to the game after getting a good point at Burton which could have been all three. Not overly confident as goals are our problem as non of our strikers are proving to be prolific this season. We have Derek Riordon now but looks like he will at the most be on the bench as he is injured which is a shame because he has had some good touches in the couple of games he has played and against Northampton was starting to look a bit fitter. Gary Kenneth and Tom Parkes have formed a good partnership in the middle of defence and since they have come together the goals against have gone right down... Kenneth ,like Riordon was totally unfit when we signed him but now he has built his fitness up he looks an immense presence and is becoming a firm fans favourite. If Riordon is as good in a few weeks time then our season could really get up and running and perhaps we can look for midtable.
I really think you will be in the Playoffs again come the end of the season as don't see you putting a fantastic run together to go up automatically but i could be wrong because you have some good strikers. Would be fantastic if we could both be in the hunt come our return match last game of the season however I dread to think what will happen in that case because we could be bringing 5,000 which is a figure we are struggling to get for home games at the present time!!
Have a good day in Bristol on saturday but one thing-please ensure your team leave their shooting boots behind and leave the Mem empty handed!!
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

nice to meet you friendly gas. Thats two new footy friends in yate. Will get your wire cutter asap. Good to chat but wish I had more time to go to matches. A sit down pasty and pint would be way better. or even fish and chips from the Bristol Fryer. Wish I could come down to the Mem on Saturday but will be stretched just doing my two stands at the exhibition on Sat At Cardiff. on my own!
Seems we also have more Torquay fans here than I thought too. Had a PM today from another one. hope to meet him soon.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Okay I am going now. Hopeful the forecast stays as expected and we take the points! :)
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Tickets bought. Seems like they've shifted a few, from what I was told anyway. :)
Rach
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Rach »

When are Rovers building their new stadium?
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

Yesterday's Herald: http://www.thisissouthdevon.co.uk/Torqu ... story.html

"United have sold out their initial 450-ticket allocation for Saturday's match.

But more tickets are available, from the Pirates' ticket office and on the day – Rovers can accommodate 1,000 standing and 260 seated visiting fans."
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

Just went to ticket office and bought two seating tickets. Lady said we'd sold "quite a few".

Managed to pursuade a Sheff Wed fan to come with me, in exchange for watching them at the pub tonight.

Ive asked 3 times, bur Ill ask again. Which pub for pre match drinks?
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

welly mate, reckon a lot of people will be driving but i've gotta go in as my tickets will be there!!
still keeping the faith
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Kernowgull wrote:Just went to ticket office and bought two seating tickets. Lady said we'd sold "quite a few".

Managed to pursuade a Sheff Wed fan to come with me, in exchange for watching them at the pub tonight.

Ive asked 3 times, bur Ill ask again. Which pub for pre match drinks?
There's a reason we're not telling you... :~D

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

I'll be there. I haven't been able to keep up with things as much as I would like so far so won't venture to give a prediction or an opinion, but I am looking forward to the match.
Rach
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Rach »

Can't wait for tomorrow, my first away game all season! :clap: what with uni and my lack of funds! :(
Should be good if the seating is sold out, won't be as atmospheric as last time but still looking forward to it!
Gotta start my trek in the morning, bus to town, coach from Swansea to Cardiff, Train from Cardiff to Bristol and then a bus to the ground!
I know it'll be worth it to see the yellow army! :scarf:
Much more appreciative of the games I can get to now, as I live so far away and don't go home often :(
Wisconsin_gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mr Chappell

Post by Wisconsin_gull »

Fire up the 3-1 song!
At the kerb halt - look right - look left -look right again - if all clear quick march!