Richard Logan

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Rich I think we'll have to agree to disagree on this one, but ultimately at this time it is just RL training with us, nothing more, nothing less. Ling might see that he's not up to scratch and not make any move for him, or he might show that he can do something and get a short 6-month deal (I doubt it'd be anymore than that).

I struggle to see why some are getting frustrated just by having a look at what seems a realistic kind of move for us at present.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Having a look is fine but IMO we have better options already at the club.

As I say this is my opinion - but if he cannot do a job for Dorchester I would be very surpised if he could do a job for us.

Of course - we do not know if him training with us is just for fitness or if Ling is actually wishing to give him a trial type situation so all this is speculation at this stage.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

NickGull wrote:Rich I think we'll have to agree to disagree on this one, but ultimately at this time it is just RL training with us, nothing more, nothing less. Ling might see that he's not up to scratch and not make any move for him, or he might show that he can do something and get a short 6-month deal (I doubt it'd be anymore than that).

I struggle to see why some are getting frustrated just by having a look at what seems a realistic kind of move for us at present.

I'm with you Nick, it's a realistic if underwhelmig target and there no harm in looking at the guy and we'll take it from there. Positives are that Lingy is finally attempting to do something about our plight. Negatives are that i'm a bit concerned that after all the looking around Ling has supposedly done the best he can come with so far is this and the fact that it seems to be taking a long time to even get round to thinking about bringing someone in. But i'm happy with this as at least it's a step in the right direction and maybe it may come off.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

The evidence is damning here released after a few short months by Wycombe released after a short spell with Dorchester only club that seems to want to give Logan a go Bury Town..if that doesn't tell us what we need to know then I do not know what will.

Said before say it again Jermaine Beckford etc is just one of many plucked from the lower reaches of the non-league, we have done it in the past with C.Brandon and E.Williams, go out and have a look plenty of potential young hungry players just waiting for there chance. I know we have a limited budget but if we are so short of the club is now down to looking at old washed out pros that cant make it in the conference south then sadly we are totaly screwed.

And of course I do know that many pros with out clubs do attend training with clubs, so yes it might just be for training, however the article suggests something more than that.
Formerly known as forevertufc
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Dave, i don't know anything much really about the player so i can't really comment on his previous misdemeanours so my view on accepting him at Plainmoor was purely because we need someone but from what you and others have been saying from what you know this could be a big risk. I totally agree with your second paragraph about non leaguers too.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Well he was born in Bury, so I suspect that he's just gone back to somewhere he knows, has family or friends for a little bit to regain some match sharpness.

Wouldn't read too much into the fact he was released from Dorchester either - short term contracts are the norm at that level and players move quite freely, particularly when looking for match sharpness.

He's training with us, so what? If he's not up to it, then Ling will see that off. After all, we ditched Artemi after his "prove yourself" deal and didn't let Eddie Odiahimbo stick around and he'd scored in the SPL. If he does look like he'll do a job, then we're in pole position.

The chances of him joining Rene up front are minimal, this would just be the big man, cheap back up option.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

We would be mental not to look at him. Face facts we are SKINT and we desperately need forwards or forward players and ones with experience and proven ability at this level. We can't buy anyone so he has to be on a free or a loan then you have to consider we can probably only offer a deal to the end of the season so then that rules out anyone who doesn't live fairly local because whose going to move to Torquay on a short term deal? Not many.

Logan ticks all of our boxes and in my opinion I'd sooner see him on the bench as a plan B than some of the lads currently sat on our bench. He's worth looking at during a trial, if he's not good enough fine we won't sign him but we have to have a look. Nothing ventured nothing gained.
Andovergull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee mansell

Post by Andovergull »

What royalgull said
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Andovergull wrote:What royalgull said

What Andovergull said about what Royal said. :nod:
madgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by madgull »

forevertufc wrote:
Said before say it again Jermaine Beckford etc is just one of many plucked from the lower reaches of the non-league, we have done it in the past with C.Brandon and E.Williams, go out and have a look plenty of potential young hungry players just waiting for there chance.
I'll go without unearthing another Eifion Williams, if it's all the same with you.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Think we all get the club are just having a look and that does not mean we are going to sign him, what I am frustrated about is why we are even wasting our time looking at this chump. He may well have ticked all the boxes 2 years ago certainly doesn't now as said if we are so skint the only option is look at the likes of Logan, then bring on Ebbsfleet, Braintree and all.

I am well aware of his birth place, the point was he has ended up at his home town club who play in the whatever league because no one else wants him. Wycombe have the budget yet clearly didn't think he had anything to offer in FL 2, well aware of how conference south clubs work, but he wasn't there for fitness, he was there to earn a contract and was not offered one, looking at the Dorchester fans forum the reasons seem clear as he is described as not cutting the mustard, slow, 6 games no goals and a general feeling he wouldn't score and thats conference south.. :O

Its all here..http://fans.dorchestertown.com/viewtopic.php?t=5602 and here..http://fans.dorchestertown.com/viewtopic.php?t=5585
Formerly known as forevertufc
sam_
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Angus MacDonald

Post by sam_ »

don't know if anyone has said this, but to me Logan is a mix between Sills and Rene, can shoot from the ground but also has a fairly good head on him, in a Sillsy kind of way.
We'll be back...
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by supergulls »

He is in the building !! Training with us at the moment to assess

http://www.torquayunited.com/news/artic ... 17490.aspx
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

Could be like a Guy Branston where we get the best bit of his ending career
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
dazgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jean-Pierre Simb

Post by dazgull »

What a shambles he is. I know Ling is looking for cover for Howe but I would prefer someone else than him. Mind you with our slow squad he would fit in perfectly...he will make Jarvis look like lightening :(

Just goes to prove that Ling has virtually no budget this season, they gambled on winning a couple of rounds in the FA Cup and that has really come back and hit us now.

A long end to the season now for sure, will just have to suffer the Exeter game on the tv, after the inept second half in the last game there is no way im spending money going up there to watch us. Bad enough paying for a pants performance down at Plymouth....... :B