Benyon Returns

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

probably as good as we could have realistically got but it must mean 4-4-2 is on the horizon as there is no way Benyon could play the lone role with the way we play and lack of support the striker gets.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

royalgull wrote:probably as good as we could have realistically got but it must mean 4-4-2 is on the horizon as there is no way Benyon could play the lone role with the way we play and lack of support the striker gets.
Unless he's going to replace Craig on the right!
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by diamondgirl »

PhilGull wrote:This is good news.

I see it's a one month loan with an option to extend for the rest of the season. Does anyone know the rules on loans in this window? I seem to remember there are some rules on the length of deals - it is possible that the club have left it 'till now to do the deal so that he can be here at the end of the season (including play-offs) rather than getting him in last week and missing him at the end?
With the optimistic language coming from the board I'm thinking this is something they would consider.

That's what I love....an optimist :bow: :nod:
"Thing's turn out best when you make the best of the way thing's turn out."
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

royalgull wrote:probably as good as we could have realistically got but it must mean 4-4-2 is on the horizon as there is no way Benyon could play the lone role with the way we play and lack of support the striker gets.
Again, agree entirely. There is no other way that Benyon can play other than on the shoulder of the last man. I expect to see Benyon and Jarvis tomorrow night, then Rene back in for Rochdale on Saturday. In a way I'm glad Rene has missed the games he has, as we really need to take points from Rochdale and Aldershot next week so if he had missed those games I'd be very concerned.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

PhilGull wrote:This is good news.

I see it's a one month loan with an option to extend for the rest of the season. Does anyone know the rules on loans in this window? I seem to remember there are some rules on the length of deals - it is possible that the club have left it 'till now to do the deal so that he can be here at the end of the season (including play-offs) rather than getting him in last week and missing him at the end?
With the optimistic language coming from the board I'm thinking this is something they would consider.

:lol: :rofl:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

dannyrvtufc4life wrote: Small, quick, skilful, will be able to work well with Rene and will score goals.

Will also constantly fall over and persistently get caught offside !

:lol: :rofl:

Welcome back Benners. :nod:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

Lets really go for it tomorrow:

Poke
Leadbitter Saah Downes Nicholson
Macklin Craig Mansell Bodin
Benyon Jarvis
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

Gullscorer wrote:So presumably Richard Logan is out of the equation now..?
He will probably have recovered from his injury in about a month.

A month being the length of Benyon's loan.

Aw feck.
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

Good signing in my opinion.

'Fox in the Box' and 'The Tank' up front would be a perfect combination. Just need to sort out the Lathrope / Mansell & Craig dilemma in the middle though......
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
Duncan
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Nico

Post by Duncan »

Can someone tell us all how many games he has played in the last 18 months? Not many.

I reckon he will start up front will Jarvis and the most we will get from him will probably be an hour or so.

Still enough time to bag a hat-trick though!

Dream on.....
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Suspect Yeoman and Jarvis will start Tuesday and Benyon will good for a half hour at the end.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Duncan wrote:Can someone tell us all how many games he has played in the last 18 months? Not many.

I reckon he will start up front will Jarvis and the most we will get from him will probably be an hour or so.

Still enough time to bag a hat-trick though!

Dream on.....
According to Soccerbase he's had 12 starts and 16 sub appearances since joining Southend last January
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
chippygull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by chippygull »

My only worry is the old adage "Never go back..."
Fate: A police dog called Bryn bit Torquay player Jim McNichol and the time while he was receiving treatment was added onto the end of the second half.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Meh worked for Zebs. Sometimes it just works at a club and doesn't elsewhere, here's hoping elliot is one of those players. he can definitely be effective in League 2 and is coming back to a club who thinks he's the business rather than making him 5th choice.