The officials

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

The officials

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

Firstly this isnt a thread of why we lost

The game today was totally ruined by 3 idiots wearing black, giving freekicks for nothing, missing obvious ones, no cards for blatant cheating by stopping play, horrendous throw in decisions, the list could go on!

The officiating was disgusting today, how they take a wage for that is beyond me
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

It does seem we have had more than our fair share of them this season. :-/
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Need to accept that the refs are always going to be crap, we're in the 4th tier.
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

Andy trust me, today was another level off incompetence!

Nick why should be accept it? Fans expect the players to play well, why cant Refs do the same?

Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

They're all crap. No point moaning every single week. What else are they going to do!?
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

Usually they are crap, but its not good enough when they effect the game so badly as they did today

hate the idea of 'well if its shit might as well accept it'

Duncan
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Nico

Post by Duncan »

If you are comparing them to others we have had this season, I thought they did OK.

They did not effect the result!
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

Duncan wrote:If you are comparing them to others we have had this season, I thought they did OK.

They did not effect the result!
I agree. The officials were OK and they cannot be blamed for our pathetic defending for the Oxford goals and the lack of guile in our attacking (if you can call it that!) play.
Phil

Remember its a marathon not a sprint
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

In fairness to the OP, he did say (in bold too) that this thread was in no way an excuse for why we lost....

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Well last week at Accrington we had two penalty appeals in the space of minutes. Both could have been given although the chop on Saah was a definate penalty and right in front of the ref. It's all ifs and buts but if that had been given and we had scored we'd be on our way now. It does make you wonder though how refs can be so poor week in week out. Like Nick says, they are in the 4th tier so they are bound to be a bit ropey and i accept that but i've rarely seen any remote semblance of a half decent reffing performance in all the games i've been to this season. There has been the odd game where the ref has been really solid but generally they are atrocious. That said, if we can't score many and fail to defend properly then we only have ourselves to blame.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

It wasn't why we lost but the referee was calling the Oxford players by their first names throughout the game. He clearly ignored a blatant yellow card in the first half when Benyon was pulled back by the neck and was never going to book any of their players. Poor.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

The referee was not helped by the linsman on the popside, to be honest he did not have a clue, and simply could not even make a decision on who's throw in it was, couple of times it left the refree having to take a guess, worst of all that lino missed an Oxford player had taken the ball out of play by atleast the width of 2 footballs.
Formerly known as forevertufc
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Officials may have been poor. They may have been fine. I didn't personally feel they did too much wrong. But the vitriol that the Pop Side spouted towards the officials that people would let the performance of the ref mask the ineptitude of our football team. Oxford should have SIX and to be honest our goal was a soft one from Oxford's point of view. We are going down, regardless of the competency of the referees.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Yes totally agree - we could have been three down by half time. As i said on another thread this is the worst Torquay team ever.
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

brucie wrote:Yes totally agree - we could have been three down by half time. As i said on another thread this is the worst Torquay team ever.
Great motivation skills there brucie. The players are not Torquay fans. They can go to another club after Torquay are down. Seeing comments like that they may just think stuff it let them go down.