FA Cup 1st Round Draw..and 2nd Round

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

I agree, having worked in Sheffield for a few years and speaking to a few of my Wednesday buddies i would be amazed if both United and Wednesday were allowed to play at home on the same day. Move the bloody Wednesday game and keep ours to 3pm saturday!
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Gulliball wrote:Barnet is the Friday after (9th). This will be on Saturday 3rd December.
Of course! Don't know how I missed that weekend! So, if the gulls continue their winning ways, we could be in the third round draw and in a play-off spot before Christmas!
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

The Blunts it is then.

We'll need to be razor sharp on the day to come away with any kind of result. ;-)

Now why all the negativity ? We got a winning result against proper charlie Chesterfield didn't we ?

Teams progress round on round by earning the right to be in the next round. If we progress to the 3rd Round we will certainly have earned it.

The confidence in the group at the moment is as good as can be and we need to keep the momentum ongoing leading into the tie.

My only concern at the moment (injuries apart) is we have key players nearing suspension due to collected yellow cards. If we can field our strongest side on the back of an unbeaten run then there's no reason why on the day we can't blunt the Blunts.
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

Gullscorer wrote: Of course! Don't know how I missed that weekend! So, if the gulls continue their winning ways, we could be in the third round draw and in a play-off spot before Christmas!
Thanks for allaying my concerns Gulliball!

COYY
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

actually they have occasionally let them both play at the same time in cup comps, and midweek games to boot, and i think rotherham played at don valley on same night too recently?

as for the hatred, i'm not so sure about that, they each call each other pigs and theres always trouble on derby days somewhere or other but i think they largely tolerate each other these days? obviously in the wrong place at the wrong time there will ineviatably be some conflict, but not on the scale of glasgow, or the south wales thing
still keeping the faith
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

I think as its only us and Maidenhead/Aldershot playing in sheffield then there may be a chance of both ties going ahead on the saturday. I didn't know that they had both played on the same day before Bix, was it the JPT though? I'd still be a bit surprised but i don't know what will happen so just plan for saturday at 3pm.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

I hope it gets moved to the Sunday as I can't do the Saturday!
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

alex has started tapping up the locals on this very subject

http://www.footballforums.net/forums/sh ... ?p=7362193" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
still keeping the faith
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Thought it was worth an ask. Aslong as it's not a friday night I should be able to make it.

Didnt think they would be able to play on the same day but they only got just under 8,000 for the game against Oxford (Of which around 3,000 were Oxford fans) then I cant see the attendance being too differant from that and I doubt Wednesday vs Aldershot/Maidenhead will be that big an attendance either...
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Andy Gurney

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

bixieupnorth wrote:actually they have occasionally let them both play at the same time in cup comps, and midweek games to boot, and i think rotherham played at don valley on same night too recently?

as for the hatred, i'm not so sure about that, they each call each other pigs and theres always trouble on derby days somewhere or other but i think they largely tolerate each other these days? obviously in the wrong place at the wrong time there will ineviatably be some conflict, but not on the scale of glasgow, or the south wales thing
I'm a Wednesday fan mate, they haven't both played a match on a Saturday at home for about 30 years, mainly because they DO hate each other with a passion, and S. Yorks police are aware of it. Tolerate each other? Your having a laugh, the derby games are now played with 12am/1pm kick offs, usually on Sundays so the fookin eejits from both sides cant get tanked up.
I know, I've been there, it can be very scary.
'Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with their experience!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

I thought i was right that they both hadn't played on the same day ( sorry Bix!). I never doubted the words of my Sheffield chums.
dazgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jean-Pierre Simb

Post by dazgull »

Knowing my luck they will switch it to sunday and I cannot do that. With me already missing the Argyle match if this gets switched all i will see is Barnet befe xmas.... :(
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

dazgull wrote:Knowing my luck they will switch it to sunday and I cannot do that. With me already missing the Argyle match if this gets switched all i will see is Barnet befe xmas.... :(
Still one match more than some :(

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

I read on another forum that the Wednesday game will be moved, as United were first out of the draw. So it looks like it will be a Saturday game for us.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

they have played on same day as I said in my OP. just not at a weekend. admitedly it was only jpt. but it was recent-ish. I've been here 8 yrs.

anyway that doesn't matter! can someone start a round two thread please
still keeping the faith