Eunan to Swindon

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

PhilGull wrote:
As for negotiating a fee, we are never going to get the best price because of the contract length. If KaneO had 3 years left we could ask for £1m, but with only a year that drops significantly.
Er, I may be misunderstanding you, but EOK has TWO years left which should put us in a relatively strong position.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Read this article this morning before I went into post n/shift slumber, not having a go at any poster, some are only passing what they have heard, but I think it's fair to say, some of these reliable source's are about as reliable as a Ford Ranger pick up.

According to one, Eunan had sorted out a deal with Reading in January, I heard after Cheltenham we had turned down a bid from Southampton ,and of course his move to Swindon was going to be confirmed last Monday, yet no fim offer has been received, so what a load of ballucks.

It is fair to say that £200k is mere pocket change to most Championship clubs and bigger League 1 clubs, which can hardly be described as a"test" So the fact that Lingy says he is expecting some club's to test him over Eunan O'Kane, would suggest that the story /rumour about a £200k release clause simply is not true either.

So therefore I apologise to the club for any critizm I level against it, for such a clause on this forum.
Formerly known as forevertufc
northyorkshiregull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: benyon

Post by northyorkshiregull »

todays WMN has a piece saying Rotherham are about to put a bid in.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

Well I really hope that Eunan doesn't make the mistake of moving to work for that fat, arrogant tosser. You'd hate it Eunan, just remember how glad the Crawley players were when he left. Horrible man, horrible assistant, I also think Gulls fans would find such a move hard to stomach.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

And a winner.........
friendlygas
First Regular
First Regular

Post by friendlygas »

Think of Fatty Evans and the first word that comes to mind is MONEY.Is he a good Manager or just goes out and flashes the cash on all a sundry? I know Rotherham have money this year which is obviously why he joined them but I would have thought he might struggle to get O'Kane. Really think if you do lose him it will be to a League 1 or a Championship club.
blueboy
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by blueboy »

Can't see him moving to another L2 club but you never know if they offer to double his wages and sell him the vision of the new stadium and championship football in the near future (as fatty put it). I'd imagine they'd bid more than Swindon for example as desperate to build a squad and already had some big offers turned down (Tubbs etc).
No championship clubs interested in Eunan? I know people mentioned Reading before but can't see them being interested now they're in the prem as don't think he's good enough to ever play in the top flight.
nicktufc
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Euuuuuuuunan

Post by nicktufc »

Eunan isn't stupid, and WILL NOT go to Rotherham.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

brucie wrote:And a winner.........
I always thought that a picture painted a thousand words. For you, it is the other way around, three words paint quite a picture. Forget Evans's past, the fact that he disgraced football through his criminal conviction, forget Raynor's past, the fact that his behaviour cheated the Gulls out of a play-off final (I was there at Preston, were you?), forget the intimidation of match officials by this pair, game after game, forget the fighting with other managers. That's OK then, they are "winners".
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

I'm sure what Paul Raynor did in a playoff match against Torquay at Preston will be number 1 on Eunan's list of why Rotherham isn't right for him.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

brucie wrote:And a winner.........
Is he really that much of a winner? Look at the table, Crawley won the same amount of games as we did and a few of those were down to the new manager at a time when we weren't winning. Doesn't seem like a winner to me, seems like someone who spent a ridiculous amount of money and wouldn't have been promoted as his team were playing awful and his players blatantly didn't like him.

My prediction is simple, Rotherham being promoted under Evans and Raynor next year is as likely as you winning the 2012 Member Of The Year award for this forum. Wait, hang on. You're both cretins, you're both completely clueless about football, you're both detrimental to everything you go near... Brucie is fatty Evans!
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
blueboy
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by blueboy »

Is it true he has a 200k release clause?
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

blueboy wrote:Is it true he has a 200k release clause?
Seemes to be suggested by some but never by Ling. Really hope not as whoever let this in the contract needs a boot up the arse!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

royalgull wrote:I'm sure what Paul Raynor did in a playoff match against Torquay at Preston will be number 1 on Eunan's list of why Rotherham isn't right for him.
I didn't say that it was. I stated that in response to Brucie's comment about being a "winner". I think ALL the negatives about Fatty & Cheat would far outweigh any positives for Eunan. I feel certain that Eunan will in time have much better offers from far better clubs with far more suitable management teams.
divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by divingbboy »

friendlygas wrote:Think of Fatty Evans and the first word that comes to mind is MONEY.Is he a good Manager or just goes out and flashes the cash on all a sundry? I know Rotherham have money this year which is obviously why he joined them but I would have thought he might struggle to get O'Kane. Really think if you do lose him it will be to a League 1 or a Championship club.
He isn't a good manager. He's overachieved because he'd found himself in situations where he's had the luxury of being able to piss money away. The first sign of the money tap being turned off at Crawley and he was out of there like a shot. It's noteworthy that Crawley didn't exactly fight to keep him, either. Why? Probably because they realized that he's incapable of succeeding without loads and loads of money.
TUST member 203