Chesterfield v Torquay United - 29/9/12

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Dutchgull wrote:I did see your original sentence. In my opinion your opinion doesn't count for much. Pomposity in the extreme. One day perhaps you may understand football. I live in hope.
Talk to members of the board as I do and find out the reality of the situation. Of course its easy to give a call to Sir Alex and ask for a player or two....

Yours
The random no mark from Holland.
Kingsteignton actually.
Did you, that's clever of you, since I never actually posted it to the forum, do you have CCTV coverage of my home?

Tell me, what position do you hold with FIFA, given your expert knowledge of the game which far exceeds mine and presumably everyone else on the forum, you must have been head hunted by now?

Talk to members of the Board as you do, excellent, well done, share with us, oh wise one, the nuggets of gold you have extracted over a pleasant 18 holes with Bill Phillips, or while buying a hammer from the Chairman's hardware store.

A quick look at the BBC website tells us that in the last month or so, L2 clubs have agreed 28 loan deals, so it really can't be that hard to get players in on loan. One was even from Manchester United, so it does happen. Got to question why it happens on average once at every other club in the division, but not to ours, a club desperately in need of a few goals. Well, I have to ask, presumably, given your overwhelming knowledge of the game, you already know the answer 8/

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

A good point but for christ sake its time to play two strikers against Aldershot. We have to play to our strengths and that is Howe so I would happily get Jarvis in beside him.
Quite how Stevens can get in the time ahead of Thompson is beyond me.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Couldn't agree more, I've been advocating 4-4-2 for a little while now. Jarvis always looks lost (at both 1st team and reserve level) when he plays alone, but it might well be a different story with Rene beside him.
Had this same conversation with Dave Thomas just before the Chesterfield game (it was he who told me of Morris' injury).
Thompson is presumably being "protected" due to his age, which seems to be one of those footballing oddities which people accept unquestioningly with shockingly little justification.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Well we agree on something then - Jarvis cannot be judged on substitute appearances when he comes on for 2 minutes and is forced to run around like a headless chicken whilst the rest of his team mates are camped in their own penalty area trying to protect a one goal lead.
He looked sharp to me in pre season against Bideford. Without much doubt we have got the best centre forward in League 2 so why are we still we still stuffing ourselves by attempting to win 1-0 every game. I don't want to see Bodin playing winger and then playing off the striker - I want to see him on the wing Thompson on the other side and Howe given some support with a player alongside him.
I would rather see us lose 5-4 against Aldershot than draw 1-1 playing in our usual manner.
We had better players last year but Ling seems painfully obsessive with this formation - we have clearly got a forward line capable of scoring more goals than the opposition so why not try it for once?
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

brucie wrote:Well we agree on something then - Jarvis cannot be judged on substitute appearances when he comes on for 2 minutes and is forced to run around like a headless chicken whilst the rest of his team mates are camped in their own penalty area trying to protect a one goal lead.
He looked sharp to me in pre season against Bideford. Without much doubt we have got the best centre forward in League 2 so why are we still we still stuffing ourselves by attempting to win 1-0 every game. I don't want to see Bodin playing winger and then playing off the striker - I want to see him on the wing Thompson on the other side and Howe given some support with a player alongside him.
I would rather see us lose 5-4 against Aldershot than draw 1-1 playing in our usual manner.
We had better players last year but Ling seems painfully obsessive with this formation - we have clearly got a forward line capable of scoring more goals than the opposition so why not try it for once?
God help me. I find myself agreeing with some of brucie's points today.