Barnet v Torquay United - 6/11/12

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

another chance for bodin but shot wide, cant see their leftback coming out for 2nd half??
Last edited by bixieupnorth on 06 Nov 2012, 20:50, edited 1 time in total.
still keeping the faith
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

walshy wrote:ANOTHER miss
bo**ocks! :@
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
We now head Due South to all games!

TUST Member 468

AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

I don't go round Chesterfield at night Super as it's like an open air morgue, you can hear a pin drop there is that little going on. I popped into the Slug and Fiddle for a pint and the marie celeste sailed by! There aren't any women in Chesterfield anymore, they all used to be men.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
costablancagull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by costablancagull »

Bodin can hit the no9 bus but not the back of the net......yet! :rofl:
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

Sounds like Bodins having a blinder, but probably should have scored!

We should be ahead again, need to take some chances.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Battering them.

It's like Wimbledon all over, only without the goal. We've missed a lot of chances, none particularly guilt edged but ones we've crafted ourselves through outstanding play. Poke has touched the ball 5 times I reckon, an only once has he actually had to lie on the grass for any reason.

Howe and Bodin - outstanding. Both are running their nuts off. It would be easy for Billy to hide given the stick he's been receiving, but he's having none of it. Tearing the fullback a new ar*ehole, and getting into great positions. You want something to come off for him so badly. This isn't to wind any of the more negative posters, but I'm having none of this Bodin is lazy rubbish, he's working as hard as anyone.

Craig has gone missing a bit since a promising opening 10. Easton looking tidy in possession and Lathrope doing the usual job of breaking things up and pinging some balls around.

Playing down hill second half, we've done everything but score so far so this one is 100% there for the taking
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Well i think immense credit has to go to the lads for what sounds like an very positive attack minded first half performance. I'd rather us be creating lots of chances and missing them then not even bothering to come out of our own half which has been the case every away game. If we lose we can say it's because we wasted chances and that means we have proved we can play like this away from home and there shouldn't be much need to revert back to being negative all the time. If Billy misses a busload ( not today he didn't!) then that's ok with me, at least he is working to get in the positions and creating problems for the opposition so it's all good.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

buckle losing!! backed them to win as per usual!!
still keeping the faith
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Billy has missed a few, but either from a long way out or after he'd skinned a couple of players but left himself a tough angle. Only Rene has been able to get in one-on-one, but he went for the chip and it got deflected wide.

Deadman didn't give the corner though, and they failed to give a blatant penalty after about 2mins for a foul on Billy. Always the same, Deadman has to have it in for Torquay.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

cardiff 0-2 to 3-2, backed the away there!
still keeping the faith
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Why are Stevenage so good?! Makes my blood boil! That could have been us.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

down the slope this half, in theory should be easier, lets hope that young debutant left back comes back out again
still keeping the faith
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Pokey not taking goal kicks, Ricey coming on
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

indeed it couldve andy, i dont think we'd have done quite what theyve done tho??!!
still keeping the faith
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

No pressure Ricey...