Torquay United v Southend United - 17/11/12

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

stevegull wrote:que huge overreaction from section of Gulls support.
four games without a goal and conceding four at home today, i dont think anything that could possibly be said would be an overreaction??

jarvis gets one back!!
still keeping the faith
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Yellowledbetter wrote:I'm new to the forum but have been to quite a few games and concur with you. Some results have just papered over the cracks.

That is all you need to say YL and you'd be completely right to say it in my book.

Tell you what Lingy, why not start with an attacking line up and state of mind and see where it gets us, we've gone 3-0 down anyway playing like f*cking statues so do it next week or go and do the p*ssing gardening!! ffs! Oh and give the fans their cash back for another performance when you clearly haven't done your job properly! It's not an overreaction Steve, it's been coming and i and few others saw it coming but not ling. Some of the football has been shocking to the point where I, a football lover don't wish to watch anymore because we don't go out to win games. We go out to keep it tight and see what happens and 4-0 is whats f*cking happening mate. I'd rather lose 4-0 having had 25 shots at target and pressing that playing like faggots!
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

A real pasting may be good for us in the long run, a wake up call that we need to look at the squad and the way we're playing.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

Is this poor? Yes

Do I trust Ling with the situation? Yes.
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
Chris B
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Chris B »

royalgull wrote:0-4 LOL

Our midfield is hilariously bad. But still it's good that our squad is better than last year.
Why do you keep repeating this?!

Recognising the losses of Olejnik, O'Kane, Ellis, Robertson wasn't hard. Some may've been thinking positively about having options like Easton instead of McPhee, for example, but the fact remains we do have quality in the side. We simply need to add a pacy attacking player and a worthy deputy to/partner for Howe.
Yellowledbetter
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Yellowledbetter »

4.0 down at home already, and throw in all the dire performances this season. Over reaction?.... I don't think so
Robiberto22
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Robiberto22 »

Hopefully this mauling will finally kick start some underperformers into action a bit! And yes Stevegull, Ling is still the man
ALAN KNILL'S YELLOW ARMY !!! - Oh wait ...
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Gulliball wrote:A real pasting may be good for us in the long run, a wake up call that we need to look at the squad and the way we're playing.

Considering Ling has said post match on three or four occasions already this season that he had just witnessed a toothless display and possibly the worst performance as Torquay manager then i would have thought the players would have had a wake up call after each one of those. Not happened yet and if anyone expects a goalfest at York they are insane.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

205 southend fans, so thats 2245 in home areas, if we dont get a result next week, do we think we'll see a sub 2000 crowd against daggers

manse sent off for tackle on assambalonga
still keeping the faith
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

Andy, I do agree that we have been poor for very large periods this season and this is concerning. However I think I'm right in saying we have more points now than we did at this point last season. We could just be 'one of those sides' that starts slowly and grows into the campaign.

Southend are a good side and in reality have some players that could be playing at a higher level. I think most of us would have loved a point out of this game, sadly it isn't going to be.

I do think the team line-up is slightly odd, mainly as it is crucial to get pace in and around Howe otherwise he is just holding up the ball for no one. As lowly as I rate Stevens we need someone like him who can run past Howe and stretch defences.

Ling is no mug and will know things need to change. Until then, cheer up mate! ;-)
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
Chris B
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Chris B »

Red card for Mansell.

Am I the only one thinking this could be a blessing in disguise for the coming weeks? Great bloke, fantastic servant to club, but terrible form in 2012/13.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

gave them 2 goals and now off. Captains performance.
Wisconsin_gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mr Chappell

Post by Wisconsin_gull »

Need some loaves and fishes 2nd half...
At the kerb halt - look right - look left -look right again - if all clear quick march!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

and 3 goals please :~D
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

time will tell chris

bodin off for cruise
still keeping the faith