Knill out

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Honestly, it's like the Daily Wail on here at times.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
rooster
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Bodin

Post by rooster »

Day of reckoning tomorrow..............lose and Knill is history. The club have to act to stop the rot and turn things around, 3 wins in 17 and worst goal difference in league, just not good enough.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

I don't think December will be too late, but certainly if things don't improve over the coming month some sort of decisive and drastic action must be taken, and it may well be that the club will look for a change of manager, for someone who they feel will stand a better chance of success.

I wonder if Carl Fletcher is available... ;-)
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Tomogull, like brucie, talks sense; and I like the idea of The Pickler taking over the reins here....why not?
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Sorry Tomogull, but I can't see Branno cutting it out as a manager. He wouldn't take any crap from anybody, but I think we'd all need neck braces to keep our necks craned up just to see the ball..
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

wivelgull wrote:Tomogull, like brucie, talks sense; and I like the idea of The Pickler taking over the reins here....why not?
Why? Because he used to play for us and looks scary?
TUST number 080
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

So a draw in the 1st Devon derby of the season. Anyone's opinions on Knill changed?

Sounded like a much better performance but will rely on those who went tonight to judge.
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

tktufc91 wrote:So a draw in the 1st Devon derby of the season. Anyone's opinions on Knill changed?

Sounded like a much better performance but will rely on those who went tonight to judge.

No,
Have to be totally honest here and feel I would rather have Daffy ducks dyslexic blind half cousin in charge of 1st team affairs before AK
HeavenAndHele
First Regular
First Regular

Post by HeavenAndHele »

tktufc91 wrote:So a draw in the 1st Devon derby of the season. Anyone's opinions on Knill changed?

One of the (many) criticisms of Knill on here is that he didn't communicate with the players, but I was in the bench tonight and he was very vocal and expressive. Maybe he's been reading the forum... hi Alan! :)
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Errr no.

Maybe playing like we did tonight (we were quite good apparently ) in 4 or 5 games consecutively each time gradually improving then yes, I might give it a second thought but until then we're still in the same position.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

As I said on Saturday before the forum got cyber wiped out, Knill has relocated to manage us, his intention being long term team manager. He doesn't want to get the sack, we have to give him support. Nicho/manse being the villains to me is like terry/lampard getting abv sacked .most said Nicho was shit so when dropped why do we kick off when we he was dropped?
Lucy
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

I've said it before and I'll say it again:
The Gulls will win all their December games and Alan Knill will be named Manager of the Month.. :-D
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

I've just read the BBC report of the game last night and for the very first time Knill has said something which I made me very happy.

"If we play with commitment, passion and tempo then we can compete in the league and that's what we need consistently, that's the difference".

I'm happy because he has obviously been reading my posts for the last couple of months but also because he is aware of this requirement and it is not necessarily all about attacking performances when you are struggling.

Maybe, just maybe Alan has found his Eureka moment.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

As I've posted on the match thread, the vibes I was getting last night suggest Knill is not leaving anytime soon; he's here for the duration.
He was on the pitch at the end of the game acknowledging the crowd, gave Cruise a big hug(!) and generally his body language was positive.
Interesting Thea Bristow's rallying comments on the OS. She's not going anywhere either. Comforting news after the recent scaremongering administration rumours.
This now looks like a side which can begin to climb the table. And don't forget, despite those with negative opinions, both Bodin and Harding will be back soon. Should add important competition to the mid-field where Mozika is definitely making a difference.
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

Does anyone know anything about betting? What about a double of Martin Jole ( Fulham ) & Knill getting the sack next week, what would the odds be?