Torquay United v Wrexham - Saturday 4th October 2014 - 3pm

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Just to clarify things, as I was surprised by the suggestion that the Wrexham forward had In some way kicked the ball out of Ricey's hands as put forward by Radio Devon ... that didn't happen!!!

Quite simply, Ricey kicked the ball of Moult's arse.... it was a bad mistake by Rice and I am surprised that Greavsie is even suggesting that there was anything illegal about it. it was simply a very bad mistake by Ricey. End of!
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Well I decided not to go today at the last minute - obviously a mistake but fed up with referees making decisions which are costing us games.
Big win for us thought that's for sure.
I am seriously worried about Rice though - he is now making ridiculous errors in every game which is going to ruin our season.
What a desperately disappointing booking that was for Macdonald in injury time which could really cost us next week.
We have Richards and Okachie with a weeks rest to come back - a strong looking bench and even with one centre half if we play well we should win.
Last edited by brucie on 04 Oct 2014, 23:04, edited 1 time in total.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

CP Gull wrote:Just to clarify things, as I was surprised by the suggestion that the Wrexham forward had In some way kicked the ball out of Ricey's hands as put forward by Radio Devon ... that didn't happen!!!

Quite simply, Ricey kicked the ball of Moult's arse.... it was a bad mistake by Rice and I am surprised that Greavsie is even suggesting that there was anything illegal about it. it was simply a very bad mistake by Ricey. End of!

Correct.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Great win for you lot today after a few bad results. I bet you all enjoyed Young's cracker and it ain't even Crimbo yet! The conference is looking tight and a bad run can see you off the pace so I'm pleased you got back on track today. Alfreton next week and if anyone wants a pint and to be shown around the jewel of Derbyshire (joke - obviously it's a complete shithole) then might be tempted to add my attendance. It's only about 8 miles away. In fact I could probably walk it - but won't. I'm massive now, I wouldn't survive the trek. In fact I'm so big I'm stuffing so much Toblerone down my neck that i'm attracting interest from Channel 5 documentary makers. Is anyone actually looking forward to Alfreton? I mean Nailsworth is probably of a similar size but it's picturesque. T

Anyway, it's a chance to see ex Gulls Lathaniel Rowe-Turner and that ultimate professional Karl Hawley.

I think given form and squad depth you should be coming away with 3 points. Any info needed about Alfreton then please do ask.

Pleased for you guys anyway today for the win and you're up there fighting. COYY!
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

AustrianAndyGull wrote:Great win for you lot today after a few bad results. I bet you all enjoyed Young's cracker and it ain't even Crimbo yet! The conference is looking tight and a bad run can see you off the pace so I'm pleased you got back on track today. Alfreton next week and if anyone wants a pint and to be shown around the jewel of Derbyshire (joke - obviously it's a complete shithole) then might be tempted to add my attendance. It's only about 8 miles away. In fact I could probably walk it - but won't. I'm massive now, I wouldn't survive the trek. In fact I'm so big I'm stuffing so much Toblerone down my neck that i'm attracting interest from Channel 5 documentary makers. Is anyone actually looking forward to Alfreton? I mean Nailsworth is probably of a similar size but it's picturesque. T

Anyway, it's a chance to see ex Gulls Lathaniel Rowe-Turner and that ultimate professional Karl Hawley.

I think given form and squad depth you should be coming away with 3 points. Any info needed about Alfreton then please do ask.

Pleased for you guys anyway today for the win and you're up there fighting. COYY!

Come on Andy you spanner! Talking to members like you're an opposing fan is nonsense. Admit you were hasty and get back to normal!
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Ha Danny lad! One could say I had an epiphany. Anyway, the club would rather have fans like you mate who turn up, play the drums, make an effort for the players and have dodgy views on politics. ;-) :lol:

I'm fine as I am bud. :)
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Kit_robin wrote:Opposing players have to be outside the box for goal kicks, there is no need for them to vacate the box when the GK has the ball in hand as the ball is in play.

To expand on matts post, the law 12 interpretation document expands thus:
It is an offence for a player to prevent a goalkeeper from releasing the ball from his hands
• A player must be penalised for playing in a dangerous manner if he kicks or attempts to kick the ball when the goalkeeper is in the process of releasing it
• It is an offence to restrict the movement of the goalkeeper by unfairly impeding him, e.g. at the taking of a corner kick

To be honest, I'm not sure Bowman contravened any rules. I'm not sure tracking the movements of the goalkeeper without touching him can be called 'unfairly impeding him', however I doubt we all want to see a forward dancing around in front of the gk every time they catch it so I don't mind the fact the ref gave it. Completely different to rice, who decided to kick the football at a stationary object.

Not sure where Matt is getting his cheating view of Wrexham. I can't remember them faking any injuries or diving around. Take proof in the fact that our players only got booked for off the ball stuff. And we wasted more time than them in the short time we were leading.
Where are these interpretation documents, Kit, in the LOAF or elsewhere?

They weren't cheating, as such, but they wasted bags of time. Their keeper took an age to do everything, when at 0-0. They also has two men spoken to (but neither booked) for kicking the ball away.

Despite his Oscar winning performance, I'm not sure how badly hurt their keeper was and I certainly don't think the touch of cramp he had at worst warranted a 5 minute delay. The referee had to tell their trainer to come on at least twice before he went to the aid of the amateur dramatist.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

AustrianAndyGull wrote:Ha Danny lad! One could say I had an epiphany. Anyway, the club would rather have fans like you mate who turn up, play the drums, make an effort for the players and have dodgy views on politics. ;-) :lol:

I'm fine as I am bud. :)
S*d off Judas. :rofl:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
We now head Due South to all games!

TUST Member 468

Kit_robin
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Kit_robin »

Matt - On the fa website under each law is a link to the rule interpretation for referees. Here is law 12 page http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-gov ... nduct.aspx

Alternatively you can just use the FIFA laws of the game doc, which is where it all comes from. I use it a lot to disprove most of what comes out of Alan Shearer and Robbie Savages mouths each week. http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/footbal ... eutral.pdf
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Lovely job, cheers Kit. I have a LOAF on my phone, but it's evidently not the one with the explanatory addendii (I don't speak much Latin, is that the correct pluralisation of addendum?)

Matt.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

ethantufcbaker wrote:Their goal was perfectly legal. Firstly you can not be in the box when the keeper kicks it. If it was a corner then I think you get a bit of time to leave the box. The wrexham player did nothing wrong. Rice should have stepped back and moved to get it around the player. However bowman was in the box and not letting the keeper kick it in his own box. That is against the rules. Also as Matt said bowman was moving and the wrexham player was not.
Ethan & Matt - spot on unbiased posts and absolutely correct. :clap: Thought the ref was good today although I didn't see why Cameron got himself booked after Luke's wonder strike.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

I wasn't there today, so if I read it right, Rice deliberately kicked it out at point blank range straight up the arse at the forward standing in front of him?

What a dick, probably expected the Ref to give a free kick. This is the Conference, all Refs at this level are dicks. Rice in the wrong and a tw@t for being arrogant in expecting a Ref at this level to do what Rice expected the Ref to do.

As the absolutely sh*t standard of officiating at this level sinks in, it definitely reminds me of the last time we were in the Mickey Mouse League. I don't need that again, I don't want that again and is one stand alone reason why I won't be back at Plainmoor anytime soon.

:-/
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
ethantufcbaker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Dan Sparkes

Post by ethantufcbaker »

Apparently Cameron was booked for dissent according to BBC sport
brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Post by brooker »

Not too sure it was amateur dramatics from their keeper Matt. It wasn't cramp, he ran into the post in trying to save Youngy's free kick, and clattered his knee. They said in their post match interview that they're not expecting him to be fit for Tuesday either, all a bit much for dramatics. I think he stayed on as they had no keeper on the bench. Not that it mattered, no keeper could have saved our second goal.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

I have since seen that their keeper was genuinely injured. At the time, it did look awfully like play acting, but I'll now accept that he probably was a bit hurt. You're absolutely right though, they could have had Shilton and Schmeichel Snr in goal together and not prevented that one going in.

Matt.