Potential Signings

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Interesting to see there is a forward by the name of Alex Fisher trialling for Exeter.

I say this as Fisher was signed by Paul Cox for Mansfield last season, and the fact he is down at City suggests he'd be up for moving to the area (and when you see this guys career history, you'd think that relocating to Devon wouldn't be too much of a problem!)

If his City trial doesn't go too well, I wonder if his next stop will be Plainmoor?
Eirik
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Eifion Williams
Watches from: The sofa

Post by Eirik »

Aaron Dawson signed with Truro along with Martin Rice.

http://www.westernmorningnews.co.uk/Tru ... story.html
-Eirik-
Proud member of Torquay United Supporters Norway
https://www.facebook.com/groups/norwaygulls

TUST MEMBER - https://www.tust.co.uk/
Stevie_RitchTea
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Ruairi Keating

Post by Stevie_RitchTea »

Jeff wrote:Interesting to see there is a forward by the name of Alex Fisher trialling for Exeter.

I say this as Fisher was signed by Paul Cox for Mansfield last season, and the fact he is down at City suggests he'd be up for moving to the area (and when you see this guys career history, you'd think that relocating to Devon wouldn't be too much of a problem!)

If his City trial doesn't go too well, I wonder if his next stop will be Plainmoor?
Wouldn't be too keen on this personally, only scored 1 goal in 14 and that was in the League Cup. In fact it seems it's been 4 years since he had any sort of scoring boots. With the quality of Cox's signings so far I wouldn't expect to see him joining.
TUST Member 405
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

I am impressed how Paul Cox is being able to sign players on one year contracts. Do you remember Mr Knill - couldn't persuade players to come to Torquay unless offered lucrative two-year contracts which ultimately contributed to the crippling of the club?

The other thing I like is that there's none of this 'Paul Cox is trying to sign a left back (or whatever)' and then it drags on for days and days before falling through. We don't hear any rumours - we get to hear when the signing has been completed. Good management in my book. Dan Butler has got quite a bit of league experience which is good but I'd like to see a couple of 26/27 year olds brought in. No complaints so far with what PC is achieving on a very limited budget for players.
Sunnysideup
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Manse

Post by Sunnysideup »

tomogull wrote:I am impressed how Paul Cox is being able to sign players on one year contracts. Do you remember Mr Knill - couldn't persuade players to come to Torquay unless offered lucrative two-year contracts which ultimately contributed to the crippling of the club?
Strange how attracting players down here was also regularly mentioned by Ling and Bucks as well. Perhaps all 3 of them were waffling?
Or perhaps they were trying to go for more established players from clubs around or above us in the pyramid?
Apathy Rules...............it's ok though, nobody's that fussed about it........
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by tomogull »

Sunnysideup wrote: Strange how attracting players down here was also regularly mentioned by Ling and Bucks as well. Perhaps all 3 of them were waffling?
Or perhaps they were trying to go for more established players from clubs around or above us in the pyramid?
Actually, that's a good point. More established players, say 27 +, are more likely to have families and wouldn't be prepared to move their children's schools etc for what could be only one year.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

From what I remember Buckle used to say the hardest part was getting the players down to talk, once they were here and shown around the bay they were asking where to sign.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

http://www.westernmorningnews.co.uk/pic ... res.html#1

Anyone recognise any of the trialists?
Sunnysideup
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Manse

Post by Sunnysideup »

PhilGull wrote:From what I remember Buckle used to say the hardest part was getting the players down to talk, once they were here and shown around the bay they were asking where to sign.
Must have been on nice sunny days. Hate to try and sell the place to anyone on a grey, wet, November day :-/
Apathy Rules...............it's ok though, nobody's that fussed about it........
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by tomogull »

RussianGull wrote:http://www.westernmorningnews.co.uk/pic ... res.html#1

Anyone recognise any of the trialists?
Yes - I reckon the one at the back with blonde hair is a midfield player ....... :whistle:
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

tomogull wrote: Yes - I reckon the one at the back with blonde hair is a midfield player ....... :whistle:
I'd noticed her actually, wondering if she is a new physio or something? Not quite Eva Carneiro.....
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by tomogull »

RussianGull wrote: I'd noticed her actually, wondering if she is a new physio or something? Not quite Eva Carneiro.....
I would have got worried if you hadn't noticed her even though she's not quite Eva Carneiro !! Are we looking for a new physio? I hadn't heard that last year's physio (former player - forget his name - it's an age 'thing') had also become a gardener ??
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Gareth Law wasn't it?

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by tomogull »

Scott Brehaut wrote:Gareth Law wasn't it?
Yep - that's the fella - thanks !! Is he still with us ? Forever will know ! ;-)
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

I'm pretty sure if Gareth Law had left there would have been an announcement, would suggest the blonde girl, could be, perhaps a TUFC ladies player.
Formerly known as forevertufc