Craig Stanley

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
eastyorksgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: BRANSTON

Post by eastyorksgull »

maybe i missing the point to he wasnt our player,why all the fuss over a loan player,hes not with us anymore,move on guys
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

eastyorksgull wrote:maybe i missing the point to he wasnt our player,why all the fuss over a loan player,hes not with us anymore,move on guys

Yes Simon, what's all the fuss about, just a loan player. We should be grateful he wore the shirt at all.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
numpte
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Me

Post by numpte »

I agree, he was just a loan player. People are in a frenzy over losing a bloke who played a dozen games and lets face it , wasnt in the same class as a Russell for example.

Plenty more fish in the sea.

Chicken licken!
TUST #324
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Totaly diss-agree with you there Fletch,Sammy macc let him go out on loan because he did not want to keep Stanners,who as we know was out of contract in the summer,when he came to Torquay Stanley was not to know Sammy macc was going to part company with Morecambe,so he came to us with a view to earn himself a contract.

As S/G has pointed out if Paul Buckle had not gone to Bristol Rovers it is highly likely that Bristol Rovers would not have even wanted him,as you have correctly pointed out there was a change of manager at Morecambe and he was offered a new contract,Buckle went to Rovers and Stanley signed there,when he could have opted to re-sign for morecambe,what does that tell you?

Yes bristol Rovers can afford to pay him a bit more money,It is not all about money and anyone thinks it is,is a fool,Craig Stanley would have had to have thought long and hard about this due to the fact he would have to relocate his family,as you have correctly pointed out league 2 players do not get paid that much,so relocating his family wouldhave been a massive part in any decision.

He is a good friend of the new Morecambe manager,he also spent the last 6 monts playing under Paul Buckle's management,he chose to take the option of moving his family from the north to the south a pretty big move to play for paul Buckle,what does that tell me,Craig Stanley clearly respects and throughly enjoys playing his football under Paul Buckle,therefore had Paul buckle stayed he would most likely have signed for Torquay,pretty simple to me.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Not sure it's quite as simple as that. Stanley under Buckle at Torquay would have earned X amount. Stanley under Buckle at Rovers will earn Y amount. Perhaps he would have signed for Torquay if Bucks was here - but that is possibly due to a lack of options (Rovers probably wouldn't have been interested for one)? The fact is, the 'package' at Rovers is better than Torquay. Geography, salary and yes, a manager he's worked for before. Which of those was most important to him only Stanley knows.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Fonda wrote:Not sure it's quite as simple as that. Stanley under Buckle at Torquay would have earned X amount. Stanley under Buckle at Rovers will earn Y amount. Perhaps he would have signed for Torquay if Bucks was here - but that is possibly due to a lack of options (Rovers probably wouldn't have been interested for one)? The fact is, the 'package' at Rovers is better than Torquay. Geography, salary and yes, a manager he's worked for before. Which of those was most important to him only Stanley knows.
I mean this as a general point Shane,but how much do you or anyone else think Bristol Rovers are paying him extra to what he was on or would have got at Torquay?

If Rovers are paying him an extra say £250 a week,thats works out correct me if i am wrong £12k a year,i would seriuosly doubt it would be much more than that,and thats why it is simple,if Craig own's a house up north and decided to sell it and move to the Bristol area it would cost him with all the fee's that go with it about if not slightly more than £12k to move,if has decided to rent something in the Bristol area that could cost him more than £1000 a month,so either way this nice big new pay packet is blown and worthless.

It is clear to me he has moved there because one,he respects Buckle as a manager and trust me that is important for a player,and two,because he see's them as a realistic promotion winning club.

And this is why i am in no doubt had Buckle stayed he would have signed,with the addition of Stanley and 1 or 2 others ,we would have had a realistic chance of promotion next season,because when all said and done the most easy opition he had all round was to stay at Morecambe,so didn't he?
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

I have no idea what his reasoning was. But i wouldn't discount the remuneration on offer to him being part of the decision making process. That, and the fact we were never in a position to offer him anything anyway! I'm sure the idea of being in a team challenging at the top of the table was appealing too, which would (with due respect to them) take Morecambe out of the equation. As i said, the whole package there was obviously better than anything else he was presented with.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

just seen on twitter -

@manse7. Yes manse my diabetes is going well mate cheers 4 asking!lol! Thank mate glad its all sorted now anychance u joining us? X

Mansell's response - @Staners6 he's got enough midfielders !!!

My respones (butting in) - @manse7 @Staners6 *cough* Maybe he needs a right back :) (er, sorry)
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

This post has nothing in common with the thread title. It's here to shake and wake a few up from the doom, gloom and negativity. When negativity sweeps the board, when all hope is lost, along comes a woody knight rider called the Trojan 'rse. :nod:

There's been frequent mention on various threads of the the word karma. How many fully understand its meaning ? Pertinent and to the point, how many at this moment in time are actually LIVING CALMER ?

Comedians are that is for sure. In the paraphrased words of the Culture Club hit . . . .

" (8) . . . calmer, calmer, calmer, calmer, calmer comedian . . . . (8) " :rofl:

Here's the link to the poofter and his band : " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Fletch
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lorz

Post by Fletch »

forevertufc wrote:Totaly diss-agree with you there Fletch,Sammy macc let him go out on loan because he did not want to keep Stanners,who as we know was out of contract in the summer,when he came to Torquay Stanley was not to know Sammy macc was going to part company with Morecambe,so he came to us with a view to earn himself a contract.
Makes no difference. SammyMc left prior to Stanleys contract running out. He was then offered a new one by his mate, before his existing one expired.
forevertufc wrote:As S/G has pointed out if Paul Buckle had not gone to Bristol Rovers it is highly likely that Bristol Rovers would not have even wanted him,as you have correctly pointed out there was a change of manager at Morecambe and he was offered a new contract,Buckle went to Rovers and Stanley signed there,when he could have opted to re-sign for morecambe,what does that tell you?
A)He rates Buckle & B)He gets paid more at Brizzle
forevertufc wrote:Yes bristol Rovers can afford to pay him a bit more money,It is not all about money and anyone thinks it is,is a fool,Craig Stanley would have had to have thought long and hard about this due to the fact he would have to relocate his family,as you have correctly pointed out league 2 players do not get paid that much,so relocating his family wouldhave been a massive part in any decision.
You obviously havnt moved around much, a lot of players do not sell their property (as an example, Jamie Ward still has a place here, just down from me) when moving clubs. They rent it out and, if flush enough, buy another one or failing that, rent locally. It keeps you in the property ladder and provides income for retirement if you can buy more than one.
forevertufc wrote:He is a good friend of the new Morecambe manager,he also spent the last 6 monts playing under Paul Buckle's management,he chose to take the option of moving his family from the north to the south a pretty big move to play for paul Buckle,what does that tell me,Craig Stanley clearly respects and throughly enjoys playing his football under Paul Buckle,therefore had Paul buckle stayed he would most likely have signed for Torquay,pretty simple to me.
See above. Also, as a previous poster has already pointed out, when he asked him about moving his family down here, the reply was, he isnt married (unless that has changed recently).
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Fletch wrote: Makes no difference. SammyMc left prior to Stanleys contract running out. He was then offered a new one by his mate, before his existing one expired.
A)He rates Buckle & B)He gets paid more at Brizzle
You obviously havnt moved around much, most players do not sell their property (as an example, Jamie Ward still has a place here, just down from me) when moving clubs. They rent it out and, if flush enough, buy another one or failing that, rent locally. It keeps you in the property ladder and provides income for retirement if you can buy more than one.

In correct dear boy,i have brought and sold a number of houses,as i own a rental property aswell yes i understand.
See above. Also, as a previous poster has already pointed out, when he asked him about moving his family down here, the reply was, he isnt married (unless that has changed recently).
Aplolgies,i thought i read somehwere that he had a family to move,my mistake.