Squad 2024/25

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Willowgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Willowgull »

TheYellowFromExeter wrote: 04 Jun 2024, 16:33 James Hamon officially confirmed
A really decent keeper at this level. I wonder if he will stay part time (as part of this hybrid process they were talking about)?
CornishGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by CornishGull »

brucie wrote: 04 Jun 2024, 14:08 Hoping for mid table in this league is not satisfactory. We have to be aiming for promotion.
Agree totally. Mid table is what the dross who.played for us last season would have got if not for the points deduction. Surely Wotton can produce better than that.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I doubt Neil Warnock is going to sit in an advisory role and settle for mid table. He'll be making sure eyes are firmly on getting promotion.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
JimNichol'sdog
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by JimNichol'sdog »

I am confident that Messrs Wotton, Edwards and Warnock have carried out due diligence on new signings, but, playing devil's advocate, there are a couple of reasonable questions I would like to ask. I am not being negative, but would welcome some further information.

Firstly, we are told that Jay Foulston enjoyed a stellar season with Yeovil. If that was the case I'm a little curious as to why they didn't offer him a contract. That's not a criticism of the young man and I hope he has a brilliant couple of years at Plainmoor.

Secondly, I note that Oscar Threlkeld has played nine matches over the past two seasons. In view of the Kevin Dawson fiasco, I trust that the club has carried out in-depth enquiries to ensure that, notwithstanding unforeseen events, he will spend more time on the pitch than in the treatment room. As with Foulston, I wish him well.
The Great Muta!
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by The Great Muta! »

JimNichol'sdog wrote: 04 Jun 2024, 20:55 I am confident that Messrs Wotton, Edwards and Warnock have carried out due diligence on new signings, but, playing devil's advocate, there are a couple of reasonable questions I would like to ask. I am not being negative, but would welcome some further information.

Firstly, we are told that Jay Foulston enjoyed a stellar season with Yeovil. If that was the case I'm a little curious as to why they didn't offer him a contract. That's not a criticism of the young man and I hope he has a brilliant couple of years at Plainmoor.

Secondly, I note that Oscar Threlkeld has played nine matches over the past two seasons. In view of the Kevin Dawson fiasco, I trust that the club has carried out in-depth enquiries to ensure that, notwithstanding unforeseen events, he will spend more time on the pitch than in the treatment room. As with Foulston, I wish him well.
Got to agree with you on this point. It is good that all the deadwood is going out the door, I do hope Moxey stays on though, shame for Archer and Lovett who I would of kept on, it's highly doubtful that we'll go up or even be in play offs, it's going to be a brand new squad at this rate, it'll take plenty of time to all come together and be a success, doesn't matter if you're PSG, AC Milan, Juventus or Barca let alone Gulls, you cannot play 8,9,10 new signings all at once and expect it to gell from the get go, it wouldn't happen for those teams I've stated let alone Gulls, we need to have a sense of reality, mid table will do me just fine.
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Taelee73 »

Six weeks ago we were nearly out of business and now people are wanting instant promotion?

New manager, new assistant manager, new owners, maybe 10-15 new players.

Although promotion or being near would be great, let’s ease off on that kind expectation, especially if it’s also from the terraces. We need patience and being supportive, not moaning if we’re not winning every match. How can we be putting pressure on a brand new team, set up, way of playing?
Mid table or above this coming season should be seen as a great sign of progress, anything more is a bonus. Although what’s the point in getting promoted if we’re not ready to stay in the NL.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

You ease off if that floats your boat. Look at what the new owners have put in place already. They're definitely planning to attack on all fronts. Promotion is the target, not mid table of the NLS.
Dave

happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Southampton Gull wrote: 04 Jun 2024, 22:14 You ease off if that floats your boat. Look at what the new owners have put in place already. They're definitely planning to attack on all fronts. Promotion is the target, not mid table of the NLS.
I've been hurt before!
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

If we were in NL I’d understand the mid table POV but we are in a regional league due to being run into the ground by - to quote his own word to describe forum users that doubted him - “a tosser.” We have the crowds, infrastructure and now leadership with contacts and the know how to get us the funk back to NL. Promotion to NL and then a hand few seasons to get back into the league isn’t unreasonable I think.
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

The Great Muta!
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by The Great Muta! »

Nobody's being negative to suggest a mid table season at all, it's realistic in my eyes, and just glad that we (hopefully) won't be near the wrong end of the table next season, can anyone tell me o another club where 8,9 or even 10 new faces have been put together and it's just worked immediately??, I'm struggling to think of any, and I'm saying this quietly....9/10 it usually has the opposite effect and it doesn't happen, my big hope is Paul Wotton is in charge and he knows this league inside and out, and we are in safe hands with him, I just think we need to be realistic, esp with some decent teams in this league that we all saw last season, and now Borehamwood as well.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Boreham wood - **** me they arnt world beaters are they, Dont they get about 16 fans at their home games? they are back where they belong in my opinion.

We maye well not get promoted but that has got to be the aim surely, even with a new squad.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Plenty of people on here described last year's team as the worst they'd ever seen yet they would still have been a mid table side without the points deductions. Surely we have better aspirations than that? I'm amazed at the negativity on here sometimes. Bewildering.
Dave

midtable
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Brian Wilson

Post by midtable »

brucie wrote: 04 Jun 2024, 23:08 Boreham wood - **** me they arnt world beaters are they, Dont they get about 16 fans at their home games? they are back where they belong in my opinion.

We maye well not get promoted but that has got to be the aim surely, even with a new squad.
Money talks in non-league and Boreham Wood are relatively rich. They might have 16 fans plus but more importantly Arsenal pay them big money to host their youth team games. They used to be home to the Arsenal women's team and still is occasionally their venue.
Yes, you need a team that play well together but being able to attract decent players certainly helps to secure those that can make a difference. As for the high turnover of players, that should not be an issue as non-league has plenty of players on one years contracts so it is normal in this league to completely transform the team. The fact we are signing some players on 2 year contracts is impressive.
I am quite sure we will be favourites to go up for the bookies.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

The Great Muta! wrote: 04 Jun 2024, 22:56 Nobody's being negative to suggest a mid table season at all, it's realistic in my eyes, and just glad that we (hopefully) won't be near the wrong end of the table next season, can anyone tell me o another club where 8,9 or even 10 new faces have been put together and it's just worked immediately??, I'm struggling to think of any, and I'm saying this quietly....9/10 it usually has the opposite effect and it doesn't happen, my big hope is Paul Wotton is in charge and he knows this league inside and out, and we are in safe hands with him, I just think we need to be realistic, esp with some decent teams in this league that we all saw last season, and now Borehamwood as well.
Buckle’s first season
RodneyJacksRightFoot
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by RodneyJacksRightFoot »

Promising start with signings, with some having the opportunity to step up a level in terms of expectations. Would like to see Tyler Harvey given a shot, shown he is capable of scoring at this level but suspect we will be looking for a more physical striker if Brad Ash signs on.

Will be very interesting to see who we bring in on loan, especially with Neil's connections - surely an improvement on whatever Pete Johnson was capable of.