Robertson next for transfer list

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Bloggy
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Bloggy »

You're forgetting Plymouth on your list Brett.
But I'd like to think (no, God, hope) we're not going to enter the season relying on other teams to be worse than us.
A dangerous game to play indeed.
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

Bloggy wrote:You're forgetting Plymouth on your list Brett.
But I'd like to think (no, God, hope) we're not going to enter the season relying on other teams to be worse than us.
A dangerous game to play indeed.
I honestly think our team will be fine. I was just saying our squad is a lot better than the teams above. There are sides in a worse state than us and im confident we will have a good season. Maybe not as good as last season.
I dont think Plymouth will do to bad if im honest, they got a few good young players and are bringing in some good players.
Bloggy
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Bloggy »

Agreed. There are some poor teams in L2 but it will be interesting to see who brings in who over the next few weeks.
We're 3 or 4 decent signings away from a competant squad... one of consolidation, rather than promotional aspirations.
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Go on Robertson tell Buckle to go take a hike and become an instant TQY hero. Break the mould mate.

Without doubt some of his BRFC signings will be out of favour and out on loan before they made a first team appearence,,, because they "said the wrong thing to he who must be obeyed" regardless of the cost to the guys career or club success.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

I certainly don't think Rovers will walk the League. Crawley will probably do that. Rovers will be up there though - and having had the financial clout to assemble an excellent squad, they should be. Fair to say i'm more concerned about our own prospects then theirs.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
AndyC
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Mark Ellis

Post by AndyC »

As it stands I would be very surprised if Crawley and Rovers do not fill the first two spots - not sure which manager I would least like to see win the title though.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

brucie wrote:happytorq -are you in a friggin dreamworld or what. Buckle has a squad that will walk this league.
oh, he does? Well, let's just give up now!
My mistake. I thought promotion and relegation were decided by which team earns the most points over the course of the season, rather than who's spent the most money or has what appear to be the best players.

Guess how many points Bristol Rovers have won so far this season? Er....that's right - NONE! The same as Torquay United! I get that you very much a glass half empty kind of a chap - and I'm a little concerned about our relative lack of movement - but even you must understand that Rovers were shocking last season. Hence the whole relegation thing. They were always going to need to bring several players in order to compete, and just because they have spent a comparatively large figure does not for one minute mean that they are going to "walk the league".

Last season it Northampton who'd spent the cash. They avoided relegation on the last day. Lincoln were regarded as a team to watch. They got relegated. In years past we've seen any number of teams who have spent more than the average who have failed to walk the league. spending the money means you have a greater chance of being successful, but with come the attendant pressure and expectation, something which Rovers' esteemed new manager hasn't had to live with before. I'm not saying it's certain they'll fail, just that assuming they will before anybody has even had a pre-season friendly is pointless and frustrating.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

AndyC wrote:As it stands I would be very surprised if Crawley and Rovers do not fill the first two spots - not sure which manager I would least like to see win the title though.
Rotherham have a real strong side. Honestly think they will be top by the end of the season.
Boom Boom
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Paul Buckle

Post by Boom Boom »

It will be the day when a team containing the likes of Craig Stanley & Chris Zebroski are in a side fighting relegation.

The fact is that Buckle's team will be the team to beat next season. What isn't as clear is whether or not he can handle the constant pressure of managing a side that are expected to be successful.
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

Back on topic, Robertson and Danny Stevens were in the co-op today so he's not gone yet...
The gulls are going up
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

There are many more signings for other teams in the division to make, but early indications do show that Buckle's team will be the team to beat. He's an idiot, but he knows what he's doing, assembling a team of proven players in the division by mugging off the weaker resolved in the league.

Bevan and Cronin - Albeit dodgy, still competent keepers at this level.

Virgo - Class defender, aerial threat, there's a reason why Celtic paid £1.5m for him a couple of years ago. Played most of his career in the Championship. He'll be difficult to get past this year.

Gill and Stanley - I think it's fair to say that the two of these will probably be one of the, if not the best midfield partnership in the league.

Carayol and Anysiah - Both quick, and on there day there's not much that's going stop them. May be a little hit and miss but both very good with support.

Zebroski, Harrold and McGleish - None of them are 20 goal a season men, but will all look to chip in with around 15 a piece. You may question Harrold's fee but he's a good target man, we all know what Zebroski's about, and McGleish is experienced.

That's only their signings, they already have players like Lines, Brown, Campbell, Sawyer etc in their squad that should do well.

Any one who thinks they'll struggle are deluded, I'd have money on them and C£awley to go up.

I hope actually hope Buckle does get a chance at Championship level where he won't be able to shaft other idiots in the league for their best players, and then he falls flat on his face.
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

gullno4 wrote:Back on topic, Robertson and Danny Stevens were in the co-op today so he's not gone yet...
Yeah, little and large appear to be good mates.
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
AndyC
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Mark Ellis

Post by AndyC »

As yet, no one apart from the story which clearly started from this forum, has come out and said anything about Robbo. I wouldn't be completely surprised if this was never going to happen and never will.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

How else do you think the Herald fills its sports pages, Andy ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

brucie wrote:happytorq -are you in a friggin dreamworld or what. Buckle has a squad that will walk this league. I don't like it anymore than the next man - i hope the slimey little t**t falls flat on his arse. But the plain fact is staring you right in the face - with have a completely crap squad - Buckle has a dream squad.
That = promotion for Bristol Rovers and relegation for us unles Ling,the board, Kendo Nagasaki or some **** gets out and signs a couple of players who are going to keep us in this league. AND THERE ARE NO SIGNS OF IT HAPPENING !!!
Brucie, you really must learn the difference between fact & opinion, & not be pompous enough to present your opinions as facts ! :@ :red: