AFC Wimbledon v Torquay United - 18/9/12

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
oxgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Class of 69

Post by oxgull »

Happy with the result and listening to Jack FM moaning about Oxfords 1-2 defeat at Cheltenham. We are above them now. :)
Oblivion!!!!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Still not impressed but we did the bare minimum tonight and got the win, i'm not going to pretend it wipes out the memories of the last three away games as we were playing a struggling side and more was expected of us. We delivered.........JUST. Nothing has changed performance wise but we have only lost once this season so i have to congratulate Martin and the lads for a solid enough start to the campaign. I want to see us kick on now with confidence gained from this win.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

rachii12 wrote:same here ^.^
Been an alright start ain't it?! Not too shabby at all. :keepie:
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

a win is a win and playing wimbledon is irrelevant. We needed a victory and got it - excellent result
ChertseyGull
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Zebs.

Post by ChertseyGull »

Rene Howe was class tonight, looked a level above any other player on the park, an absolute pleasure to watch. Bodin had a poor first half but an equally brilliant 2nd half, he and Rene connected really well on several occasions. Morris a bit hit and miss I'm affraid, at times he looks Compfortable in the middle and wins a fair share of headers and distributes the ball well, but at other times he is found wanting a little in the challenge and played some poor passes, against better opposition we'll struggle I think in the midfield. Easton played well, no complaints, Saah a rock, Craig very good attacking threat. All in all a well deserved 3 points, well done lads, let's hope we can get some momentu
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

SuperNickyWroe wrote:
who said you could come out of the corner? 8/ =D
Me - nobody puts HRG in the corner :-D

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
jocktheknife
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Nicho

Post by jocktheknife »

austrianandygull wrote:Still not impressed but we did the bare minimum tonight and got the win, i'm not going to pretend it wipes out the memories of the last three away games as we were playing a struggling side and more was expected of us. We delivered.........JUST. Nothing has changed performance wise
Jeez...

....are you for real?
....aka jmgull.
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

Nothing has changed performance wise? What about the 20 shots on goal?
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

We pulverised them without adding the final touch, on another day it would have resulted in a tonking for them but they rode their luck and battled hard. We were by far the better side.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

It did sound that way. Some sort of match report Dave, or you busy driving?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

IN RESPONSE TO JOCKTHEKNIFE

I take it you didn't spend upwards of £200 plus having to take time off plus having to sort a babysitter out plus attending through illness to watch our last three away games? If you did and are happy with what you saw then fine, if you didn't and just went tonight and thought we were brilliant then you're f*cking deluded. Are YOU for real?

That quote that you have kindly highlighted for the rest of us is a perfectly reasonable statement. We just got the win through a fortunate goal did we not? We played better against a poor, struggling side which is to be expected is it not? I congratulated Martin and the lads on a solid start to the season did i not? Either learn how to interpret information properly or go back to f*cking college!

YES WE WON, YES IT WAS A GOOD IMPROVEMENT ON PREVIOUS AWAY GAMES, YES WE HAVE THE THREE POINTS AND DESPITE CRITICISMS I AM VERY PLEASED. CAN YOU UNDERSTAND THIS?
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

It seems Terry Brown has either jumped or been pushed. No official word as yet, but their forum is alight with it.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

ferrarilover wrote:It did sound that way. Some sort of match report Dave, or you busy driving?

Matt.

I'll leave the report to Ben, he does a far better job than I could but I can say in all honesty I really enjoyed watching us play tonight. Only downside for me was Bodin, he tried hard and has obvious skill but just didn't deliver tonight. Howe worked very hard, Oastler was superb going forward, Craig looked a very talented player, Pokey was how I remembered him, confident and vocal, and Thompson looks a real prospect.

All in all a thoroughly deserved win and lovely to have a chat with your mum before the game ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

austrianandygull wrote:IN RESPONSE TO JOCKTHEKNIFE

I take it you didn't spend upwards of £200 plus having to take time off plus having to sort a babysitter out plus attending through illness to watch our last three away games? If you did and are happy with what you saw then fine, if you didn't and just went tonight and thought we were brilliant then you're f*cking deluded. Are YOU for real?

That quote that you have kindly highlighted for the rest of us is a perfectly reasonable statement. We just got the win through a fortunate goal did we not? We played better against a poor, struggling side which is to be expected is it not? I congratulated Martin and the lads on a solid start to the season did i not? Either learn how to interpret information properly or go back to f*cking college!

YES WE WON, YES IT WAS A GOOD IMPROVEMENT ON PREVIOUS AWAY GAMES, YES WE HAVE THE THREE POINTS AND DESPITE CRITICISMS I AM VERY PLEASED. CAN YOU UNDERSTAND THIS?
I think the "nothing has changed performance wise" comment was what he was pointing out!! I know they are a poor side, but thats who we were playing and proved we're not a poor side by outclassing them. Should have scored more today, should have conceeded more on Sat. Swings and roundabouts!
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

Maybe it's the effect of watching Torquay United for forty years or so but I NEVER EXPECT anything from us us and I am therefore annoyed / amazed by a few people here who seem to expect us to go and beat teams easily ! This is Torquay United not Manchester United people ! Have we been spoilt by the success of the last few years ? Don't forget we have lost three key players and at this level it will take time to adjust our team without them.

I wont go on about limited budget low crowds etc but lets have a reality check here and after all we have lost once and there are 39 games to play !!!

A few years ago I went from Kingsteignton to Darlington cramped in a mini-bus and we lost 2-1 in the last minute ! Sorry but thats football !

I could go on about many other trips I have made and money spent but just because you have spent it out it doesn't mean that it will guarantee a good result,
Bloody frustrating I know but thats the chance you take on watching football !!

We have two points less than this time last year. DISASTROUS !!!!

Oh by the way even Brucie is happy tonight !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Dutchgull on 18 Sep 2012, 23:39, edited 1 time in total.