New home shirt

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

absolutely spot on :-D , i couldnt have said it better myself. :scarf:
Refer to my above post to realise this is far from spot on!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

chunkygull wrote: as stated before, we had one good day in that shirt, a play off final won on penalties. the 4 seasons wearing it as i recall were a relegation, lower half finish, 3rd from bottom, very low finish.dont remember too many good old days, only one,only just.a great day though nonetheless. :scarf:
do you honestly think this a valid argument?

you could take any team thats been relegated and have never changed their home shirt colour!

as for "i wouldnt buy G cos I dont like it and loads of people think the same" - well so far 56% have voted for it and if they were all to buy it then that means more would buy than wouldnt!
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
We now head Due South to all games!

TUST Member 468

chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

im not saying it is a valid arguement not to have the shirt because we had four dire seasons wearing it.im not talking about being superstitious or anything like that. the point being made is some people are more or less saying we should have G because "we had great times when we had that kit", "the good old days in the 90's" and "oh yeah lets have a retro kit".
the main points are -

1. we are yellow/gold and blue. not yellow/gold,blue and white.

2. we have already had this kit twice in recent memory.so should not have it again.

3. as many have said of the designs on offer there are not many differences of choice although some are poor. apart from G which is a radically different design.but not neccessarily better.also when shown in the herald,G's picture was away from the others on its own.a bit of manipulation it could possibly be.

4. when we had G twice before it was with 2 different designs and colour schemes of shorts and socks neither of which really went together well.

5. for a supporter wearing the shirt it looked rubbish with jeans,various shorts and tracksuits or other combos. i know because i tried it and know many who owned it and after not long didnt like it, especially the fact there wasnt much you could wear it with.

6. we did not have great times with that shirt.one great night(i was there).four dreadful seasons to be fair.so nostalgia/rose tinted glasses as some are looking at it is not really a good reason to have the kit. retro or not.

7.trust me,looking at that shirt from certain angles and distances it is/was not always easy on the eye.

8.how many supporters have actually voted. not a percentage, actual numbers to get a proper representative of the amount of supporters we have and have actually voted. these online votes things have been manipulated many times before for many different things. it has been mentioned we have a lot of elderly suporters, how many of them are online? how many people would vote with the coupons in the herald? price of stamps etc.being bothered! why dont the club ask the supporters at a big home match. i seem to remember a few seasons ago four designs were worn on the pitch and supporters were asked to cheer which one they wanted, loudest cheers won. if the technology of it is good enough why not try the same thing using our new scoreboard by flashing the pictures on the screen, loudest cheer wins.

9. how many supporters who say they like the shirt will actually buy it? not as many as you might think when they actually see it! can we really tell what all the designs will look like with mocked up small computer images?

10. do the club actually bother to ask the players (those that will actually be under contract next season)what kit they would like to wear? from what i have read there is at least one player who is not a fan of design G. is that one of the reasons G is being voted for to wind up the said player for a bit of a laugh?

11.oh and by the way, in case i havent mentioned this enough before WE ARE YELLOW/GOLD AND BLUE! NOT YELLOW/GOLD,BLUE AND WHITE! :scarf:
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

chunkygull wrote:im not saying it is a valid arguement not to have the shirt because we had four dire seasons wearing it.im not talking about being superstitious or anything like that. the point being made is some people are more or less saying we should have G because "we had great times when we had that kit", "the good old days in the 90's" and "oh yeah lets have a retro kit".
the main points are -

2. we have already had this kit twice in recent memory.so should not have it again.

3. as many have said of the designs on offer there are not many differences of choice although some are poor. apart from G which is a radically different design.but not neccessarily better.also when shown in the herald,G's picture was away from the others on its own.a bit of manipulation it could possibly be.

4. when we had G twice before it was with 2 different designs and colour schemes of shorts and socks neither of which really went together well.

5. for a supporter wearing the shirt it looked rubbish with jeans,various shorts and tracksuits or other combos. i know because i tried it and know many who owned it and after not long didnt like it, especially the fact there wasnt much you could wear it with.

6. we did not have great times with that shirt.one great night(i was there).four dreadful seasons to be fair.so nostalgia/rose tinted glasses as some are looking at it is not really a good reason to have the kit. retro or not.

7.trust me,looking at that shirt from certain angles and distances it is/was not always easy on the eye.

8.how many supporters have actually voted. not a percentage, actual numbers to get a proper representative of the amount of supporters we have and have actually voted. these online votes things have been manipulated many times before for many different things. it has been mentioned we have a lot of elderly suporters, how many of them are online? how many people would vote with the coupons in the herald? price of stamps etc.being bothered! why dont the club ask the supporters at a big home match. i seem to remember a few seasons ago four designs were worn on the pitch and supporters were asked to cheer which one they wanted, loudest cheers won. if the technology of it is good enough why not try the same thing using our new scoreboard by flashing the pictures on the screen, loudest cheer wins.

9. how many supporters who say they like the shirt will actually buy it? not as many as you might think when they actually see it! can we really tell what all the designs will look like with mocked up small computer images?

10. do the club actually bother to ask the players (those that will actually be under contract next season)what kit they would like to wear? from what i have read there is at least one player who is not a fan of design G. is that one of the reasons G is being voted for to wind up the said player for a bit of a laugh?

11.oh and by the way, in case i havent mentioned this enough before WE ARE YELLOW/GOLD AND BLUE! NOT YELLOW/GOLD,BLUE AND WHITE! :scarf:

uhmm............someones been busy..........

ill examine each point (if i can be bothered)

1. well lets all turn into Sir Paul Smith or someone of that ilk. perhaps we should have asked him to design our shirt.

2. just like the last two home kits then with just a "different" manufacturer.

3. well boo-hoo. lets pop round and slap a few legs for that.

4. your opinion.

5. its a footie shirt for gods sake, not a wedding suit.

6. whoopie- do. i refer the right honourable gentleman to my previous post regarding this.

7. angles? who gives a sh*t about angles - is it/will it be the shirt of TUFC? Yes - well thats good enough for me. (and others according to the 56%).

8. supporters who can be bothered. if it peeves you so much, get your mates/family and anyone else to vote.

9. again, I refer the right honourable gentleman to my previous post.

10. name a team that does?

11. stop repeating yourself.

hope that helps.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025

TUST Member 468

Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

chunkygull wrote:im not saying it is a valid arguement not to have the shirt because we had four dire seasons wearing it.im not talking about being superstitious or anything like that. the point being made is some people are more or less saying we should have G because "we had great times when we had that kit", "the good old days in the 90's" and "oh yeah lets have a retro kit".
the main points are -

At the risk of sounding sexist - are you a woman?

Do real men really give a flying rats arse about whether it "looks right at certain angles"??
I'm not planning on wearing it whilst going to a posh fancy **** restaurant, and the day I turn around to the mrs and ask her if my replica Torquay united football shirt looks right at certain angles is the day I admit defeat, ask for a divorce and try and find myself a like minded male friend.

It's a football shirt!!!!

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

My Christ there's some hormones flying around tonight! :-o

:lol:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

austrianandygull wrote:My Christ there's some hormones flying around tonight! :-o

:lol:

thats a bit (well a f**king lot!) :@ rich coming from you! =D

TUST Member 468

chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by chunkygull »

enjoyed the last few posts, touche' good sirs! at least people are caring enough about this issue to read all the various points and argue a different valid view. this issue as it should be is causing fierce debate which shows how much we all care, either that or we are just a grumpy argumentative bunch of tossers who have nothing better to do.(my wifes words ,not mine) yes i probably am going over the top about the whole issue but i have sat through twenty five years of watching my beloved torquay united and i dont think there is one season where we have had a really decent home kit. two incarnations of G included in that. there have been a few not bad, a few alright,a few quite good, but most are crap. and i have bought a few of those also.as i said before this is a chance to pick something different, not a shirt we have already had twice in recent memory.i agree with democracy and obviously whatever choice is made by the majority is right. we are not all in agreement and yes that is a good thing as it would be a boring forum if we were. but please my main point in case you missed it with regards to shirt G is -
WE ARE YELLOW/GOLD AND BLUE! NOT YELLOW/GOLD,BLUE AND WHITE! :scarf:
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

chunkygull wrote:enjoyed the last few posts, touche' good sirs! at least people are caring enough about this issue to read all the various points and argue a different valid view. this issue as it should be is causing fierce debate which shows how much we all care, either that or we are just a grumpy argumentative bunch of tossers who have nothing better to do.(my wifes words ,not mine) yes i probably am going over the top about the whole issue but i have sat through twenty five years of watching my beloved torquay united and i dont think there is one season where we have had a really decent home kit. two incarnations of G included in that. there have been a few not bad, a few alright,a few quite good, but most are crap. and i have bought a few of those also.as i said before this is a chance to pick something different, not a shirt we have already had twice in recent memory.i agree with democracy and obviously whatever choice is made by the majority is right. we are not all in agreement and yes that is a good thing as it would be a boring forum if we were. but please my main point in case you missed it with regards to shirt G is -
WE ARE YELLOW/GOLD AND BLUE! NOT YELLOW/GOLD,BLUE AND WHITE! :scarf:
:goodpost:

but you are still wrong.

and listen to your wife.

cheers.

TUST Member 468

goldenblue
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Tommy Mitchinson

Post by goldenblue »

Don't wish to be pedantic but Torquay United's official colours are Gold and Blue
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

This thread is a good debate between various members, so let me weigh in and ruin it.

I've posted before on here taking a similar view to 'chunkygull' (terrific name, btw) and whilst I obviously have a fairly extreme dislike of the mystical 'G' kit I obviously will resepect the final outcome of the vote and I think it is great that our club has opened up this discussion to the fans so we can all debate it and hopefully end up with the best kit that the majority of fans like (and will buy).

I remember in previous seasons we've been completely in the dark over the summer and then we get served up some obomination a couple of weeks into the season and we're all left thinking "if this is the best they've come up with, what the hell did the discarded options look like?!" So at least we're being included in the process.

I do also think they need to have some voting ballots in the stadium to get more of the fans' views that aren't so internet-literate.
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
Parry
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Parry »

The point about the 'older fans' might not be included is not really a valid one, you'd have to imagine they'd vote for G anyway as it's an older style kit. Surely if the likes of chunkygull were correct and G was hideous to look at, the younger (computer savvy) generation would have voted any shirt but G.

The truth is, the only proper football shirt there is G and thats the only one i'd be willing to buy.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by chunkygull »

goldenblue wrote:Don't wish to be pedantic but Torquay United's official colours are Gold and Blue
thankyou, another voice of reason. :scarf:
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by chunkygull »

Parry wrote:The point about the 'older fans' might not be included is not really a valid one, you'd have to imagine they'd vote for G anyway as it's an older style kit. Surely if the likes of chunkygull were correct and G was hideous to look at, the younger (computer savvy) generation would have voted any shirt but G.

The truth is, the only proper football shirt there is G and thats the only one i'd be willing to buy.
i haven't said its hideous,i am just saying i personally was never a fan.we have had this shirt twice in recent memory so should not have it again. it doesnt work as a football shirt,especially for the supporters to wear, trust me on that one.oh yes, also,WE ARE YELLOW/GOLD AND BLUE! NOT YELLOW/GOLD,BLUE AND WHITE!
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by chunkygull »

"stevegull"This thread is a good debate between various members, so let me weigh in and ruin it.

I've posted before on here taking a similar view to 'chunkygull' (terrific name, btw) and whilst I obviously have a fairly extreme dislike of the mystical 'G' kit I obviously will resepect the final outcome of the vote and I think it is great that our club has opened up this discussion to the fans so we can all debate it and hopefully end up with the best kit that the majority of fans like (and will buy).

I remember in previous seasons we've been completely in the dark over the summer and then we get served up some obomination a couple of weeks into the season and we're all left thinking "if this is the best they've come up with, what the hell did the discarded options look like?!" So at least we're being included in the process.
I do also think they need to have some voting ballots in the stadium to get more of the fans' views that aren't so internet-literate.

hear,hear.another sensible post. :scarf: