Torquay United v Wrexham - Saturday 4th October 2014 - 3pm

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

Trojan 67 wrote:I wasn't there today, so if I read it right, Rice deliberately kicked it out at point blank range straight up the arse at the forward standing in front of him?

What a dick, probably expected the Ref to give a free kick. This is the Conference, all Refs at this level are dicks. Rice in the wrong and a tw@t for being arrogant in expecting a Ref at this level to do what Rice expected the Ref to do.

As the absolutely sh*t standard of officiating at this level sinks in, it definitely reminds me of the last time we were in the Mickey Mouse League. I don't need that again, I don't want that again and is one stand alone reason why I won't be back at Plainmoor anytime soon.

:-/
Home games played - 7
Won 5
Drawn 2
Lost 0
Goals Scored 13
Goals conceded 2

we are doing alright at home as it goes, stay away so this continues please!
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Don't know who put the camera inside the goal nets but super way to see the goal from another angle. and what a goal it was. :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Have just watched the highlights again and they confirmed my view at the game: unlike a few previous referees, the ref did fine yesterday, and got it exactly right regarding the Wrexham goal (Moult was standing still and facing away from Rice, who should have been watching where he was kicking) and regarding Bowman who was definitely impeding their goalie.

However, everyone makes mistakes, and Rice will learn from this one, but it is totally out of order for a few of our so-called fans to be giving him stick in the way they did. He has improved enormously since he first came to Plainmoor and his best is almost certainly yet to come.

He was probably a late developer like myself.. :)
lexusguy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Branston

Post by lexusguy »

Is the MacDonald booking worth appealing
From what I remember the ball was kicked against his legs twice as he was walking
Yes he could have controlled it but I didn't think he kicked awasy
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

Scott Brehaut wrote:The best goal I've ever seen at Plainmoor was Darren Garner's wonder strike against Lincoln in August 2006.

Anybody remember that? Was Young's better today? That's the goal I have to gauge it against at the moment!!
Judge for yourself Scott.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sKVScIxJNI
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

lexusguy wrote:Is the MacDonald booking worth appealing
From what I remember the ball was kicked against his legs twice as he was walking
Don't think you can appeal yellow cards.
Formerly known as forevertufc
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

forevertufc wrote: Don't think you can appeal yellow cards.
I witnessed the whole incident from start to finish. We were deep into injury time and twice he made no effort to return the ball back for a free kick. Sorry but the boy was senseless and unfortunately deserved his yellow for unsporting behaviour.

He held back after the final whistle and allowed others to take the Popside applause. He looked very disappointed in himself, knowing exactly what the implications of his yellow meant for the next game.

My preference would have been for Young to managed his 5th card and have him rested, out of the view of the TV scouts and ready for Grimsby, Barnet games.

Unfortunately we have the worst scenario due to Gus switching off before the final whistle. Shame really as the lad is a quality defender at this level.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

If there is a better goal scored this season in any game in any league then I would be shocked. Just the way it went right in the postage stamp and hit the inside of the far post and went across the goal whilst crossing the line land then back out again was just perfect. An unbelievable strike and a goal which would grace any game worldwide.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

kevgull wrote: I witnessed the whole incident from start to finish. We were deep into injury time and twice he made no effort to return the ball back for a free kick. Sorry but the boy was senseless and unfortunately deserved his yellow for unsporting behaviour.

He held back after the final whistle and allowed others to take the Popside applause. He looked very disappointed in himself, knowing exactly what the implications of his yellow meant for the next game.

My preference would have been for Young to managed his 5th card and have him rested, out of the view of the TV scouts and ready for Grimsby, Barnet games.

Unfortunately we have the worst scenario due to Gus switching off before the final whistle. Shame really as the lad is a quality defender at this level.
A) He's under no obligation to return the ball.
B) Your memory is useless, trade it in for a new one at once.
C) You have a bee in your bonnet about our disciplinary record, seeming to blame the players when it's pretty clear to see that we're being harshly treated by officials (as the Gus Mac incident here very clearly shows). Do you have some vested interest in protecting referees and their silly decisions? Are you Mike Riley, or whoever is Referee-in-Chief this week? If so, can I have your autograph please... :~D

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

lexusguy wrote:Is the MacDonald booking worth appealing
Sadly, we can't appeal yellows. That would be far too much like admitting that referees make mistakes and that REALLY won't do.

I wish he could have controlled it, what a player he'd be in that case
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

ferrarilover wrote:
Sadly, we can't appeal yellows. That would be far too much like admitting that referees make mistakes and that REALLY won't do.

Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

kevgull wrote: Sadly, we can't appeal yellows. That would be far too much like admitting that referees make mistakes and that REALLY won't do.

tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

[quote="Trojan 67"]I wasn't there today, so if I read it right, Rice deliberately kicked it out at point blank range straight up the arse at the forward standing in front of him?

What a dick, probably expected the Ref to give a free kick. This is the Conference, all Refs at this level are dicks. Rice in the wrong and a tw@t for being arrogant in expecting a Ref at this level to do what Rice expected the Ref to do.

As the absolutely sh*t standard of officiating at this level sinks in, it definitely reminds me of the last time we were in the Mickey Mouse League. I don't need that again, I don't want that again and is one stand alone reason why I won't be back at Plainmoor anytime soon. :-/[/quote

Brucie & Trojan - I've been critical of the standard of referee-ing at most of the games at Plainmoor this season but not on Saturday. I was there and I thought he controlled the game very well. Mind you, it was an easy game to ref because apart from Bowman going to ground far too easily a couple of times in the second half, there were few difficult decisions to make.
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

Just watched the Luke Young goal on the highlights. My word, he absolutely smashed it in. Premiership quality finish of the highest standard.

Good to see the video editor has taken on board our advice too. Much better use of the replays from the camera in the goal.
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.