Torquay United set for a take over ?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Behind-the-Gulls wrote: We all need to take advantage of this opportunity-no excuses if you can't be there face-face ping him an email and let Kelvin Thomas know what you think.No good just moaning and whingeing in my view-constructive criticism with realistic proposals for changing things.
Don't just post on here post to Mr. T now!
Done already!!
TUST MEMBER
4everyellow
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by 4everyellow »

There is a whole world of difference between some who is cash rich, and someone who asset rich, cash poor. Take someone who owns say 10 houses, value say £5 million, he may for argument sake have £3million worth of mortgages on those properties, that person would not be a millionaire until all properties were sold, and tax liabilities were paid .[/quote]

Precisely. In fact many businessmen have little assets just huge loans but lead an extravagant lifestyle, Ive known of a few. In fact if we had sold everything we owned I would have been richer, and I can tell you, that's saying something!![/quote]

It's up to you if you believe me or not, I'm not bothered, but for your information one of the Directors has profits arising from property of £750k per annum year in year out for at least 20 years. No I'm not going to tell you how I know either!
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

4everyellow wrote: It's up to you if you believe me or not, I'm not bothered, but for your information one of the Directors has profits arising from property of £750k per annum year in year out for at least 20 years. No I'm not going to tell you how I know either!
Never said I personally don't believe, I do not know you, you could be right. When you say £750k year profit for 20 years however, come on, that will not ring true to anyone with an once of common sense, take into account price inflation for a start, how come if he was making £750k a year back in 1995 (don't believe that) he is still only making £750k a year in 2014/15.

Is the figure you claim, actually turnover, pre-tax or net profits ? hell of difference, where are these properties ? are they commercial or residential ?

Then take into account market fluctuations, in 1994 the UK was coming of the back of a recession in the early 1990's, residential and commercial property value was low, people were buying not renting, rent values were low as demand was low, see 2008 regards commercial property, so if this director has continued to make £750k every single year for 20 years, it's possible he's a walking property business, genius, and I want his phone number, think someone's yanking your chain, bring us the us the proof.

Anyway, pretty much all written above is irrelevant. Why should Thea, or any other director put their personal fortune, or business. livelihood, and the livelihood of others as at risk for the football club, after all isn't that why Rowe and Boyce went.
Formerly known as forevertufc
moneylife
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by moneylife »

Its a sad sad time to be a gulls fan. we seem to be on a longgg downward spiral and all this talk from the manager and club about how hard it is to fund a team is never helping in my opinion
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Lets just say that 750k a year is true. And its NET profit.

That aint enough. Take 40% off that and you got 450k a year. Ok he could say put in 200k one year, of course that would help. The club would still need re-structuring. But I guess you could argue that if that was put in today it would be a great fillip. And might make Thea think she has some help at least.

The problem is I don't expect directors to keep putting money in, they should put some in yes, or there is no point in them. I am not comfortable with these very wealthy people using our game as some personal play thing. More the premiership of course, but the Crawleys of this world, cant stand it. Sod them, they just got lucky with someone showing interest who had loads of money. I know I know its the way football is these days, but I don't like it. I havnt lost interest in Torquay because it still feels like a family club. If some wealthy Russian took it over, moved the ground etc etc I would be off.
TUST MEMBER
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

I'm not against leaving Plainmoor. In fact, if it was a nice new stadium, well-designed, with other revenue streams that benefitted the club, it might just be the new lease of life the club needs. If however, new investors are coming along because they smell the opportunity to make money in land and building deals, and TUFC is a means to an end, then I am less inclined to want to go that way.

I realise that it doesn't make it automatically a bad thing if investors come on board for these reasons but at some point they would need to do something about the football club. If land and building was primarily their interest, ultimately, 'they' (whoever 'they' may be) are going to tire of the football club, especially if it becomes clear that they are just biding their time. Worse still, the club becomes a source of irritation for owners who only ever wanted the land.

In addition to this, I hope the scenario doesn't become one where a certain group of people, effectively own the new stadium and profit out of TUFC by charging them astronomical sums to use the stadium. Coventry City, on a bigger scale, are an example of what can go wrong. People only have to look at history to see that relationships between developers and football clubs, generally don't end happily. Today's opponents, Wrexham, are a good example of that from some time ago.
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

Taken from the BBC Sport gossip column:
Former QPR boss Harry Redknapp has been invited to join a consortium which is aiming to buy a club on the south coast, where he lives. The group have been looking at a takeover at League Two side Plymouth, Conference club Torquay and Southern Premier League outfit Poole Town. (Daily Star)
Goes on to say Yeovil have already rejected a bid, would you like 'Arry round the club? Could make for some interesting loan signings
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

'Arry? Immediate reaction would be no thank you, but would like to know more...
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Harry Redknapp played over 100 games for Bournemouth, managed that club for nearly 10 years, lives in that area apparently, only yesterday on S-S-N was talking about having a Bournemouth season ticket, has apparently been offered chance to become a director of the Cherries. I think any chance of him ever being part of a consortium taking over Torquay is some what pie in the sky.

Would I want Arry here ? Yes, of course I would, we want a proper football club to be proud of, so why wouldn't anyone want a proper football man, with proper football contacts to part of the set up. Or should continue to rely on the current board that doesn't know what they're doing, standing idly by as Thea runs out of money, taking their football direction from an ex-Western League referee.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Just read H/E online, as I thought..http://www.torquayheraldexpress.co.uk/T ... story.html
BayGull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jools Holland

Post by BayGull »

HR has a property in Sandbanks, Poole.
BayGull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jools Holland

Post by BayGull »

arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

I went to get my ticket yesterday and there was a meeting in the club I could see Harry and Jamie Rednap talking with Chris Hargreaves he was all ears as they were telling Chris what formation to play on Saturday they were saying 4-4-2 no 3-5-1 no 4-3-3 they just could not make up their minds. I bet they play 4-1-3-2.
Bill Phillips did not know who the two of them were.
Still it aught to put a few on the crowd on Saturday.
Matt did you hear about it!
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

arcadia wrote:I went to get my ticket yesterday and there was a meeting in the club I could see Harry and Jamie Rednap talking with Chris Hargreaves he was all ears as they were telling Chris what formation to play on Saturday they were saying 4-4-2 no 3-5-1 no 4-3-3 they just could not make up their minds. I bet they play 4-1-3-2.
Bill Phillips did not know who the two of them were.
Still it aught to put a few on the crowd on Saturday.
Matt did you hear about it!
:lol:
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Seems Kelvin Thomas is here until Thursday next week. Still it could be worse. Lincoln City are apparently the latest club in financial difficulty. Their bank - the Co-op - have called in their £380,000 loan. Supporters have started a fund to raise immediate cash but the club could go out of business according to the Non-League Football Paper.