Squad 2024/25

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Green Rory
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Green Rory »

Oscar Threlkeld is a fantastic signing for United. I would say he is League One standard if he can maintain full fitness.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

RodneyJacksRightFoot wrote: 05 Jun 2024, 00:25 Promising start with signings, with some having the opportunity to step up a level in terms of expectations. Would like to see Tyler Harvey given a shot, shown he is capable of scoring at this level but suspect we will be looking for a more physical striker if Brad Ash signs on.

Will be very interesting to see who we bring in on loan, especially with Neil's connections - surely an improvement on whatever Pete Johnson was capable of.
I am wondering if ex-Grecian Ben Seymour is in the frame having turned down a contract with Hampton and Richmond FC and says "Really excited for what’s next, onto the next chapter" but still without a club. Viewed by H&R as a goal-scoring supremo having scored double figure last season. Plays centre forward but height wise only 5' 6" so not a target man rather a player who makes runs in behind; the type that breaks a neck to get beyond the last man.
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Taelee73 »

No ones being negative that I can see.

I do seem to remember we were crowned Champions last season before a ball had been kicked.

The issue I have with being over confident is forums like this and our supporters. A bad run and both become toxic and set the fans against each other, the team, the manager. If we have the mindset that we should be steam rolling everyone and it doesn’t happen................ everyone seems to have forgotten how toxic Plainmoor was last season.

A good season would be fantastic, Promotion would be amazing and of course I want that, I hope both happen, I just find it bewildering that some now seem to expect it.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

What has confidence or toxicity have to do with making promotion a target? Success is the target of any business model. It's got nothing to do with winning before it's even started it's about aiming for a target. The target has to be promotion. Nothing in football is guaranteed but achievable goals must be targeted. From what I've seen so far it's the bare minimum of the organisation behind the club right now. If it doesn't happen this season then so be it but looking to settle into regional football isn't how the club is being set up.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
DerekDawkinsJnr
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DerekDawkinsJnr »

Southampton Gull wrote: 05 Jun 2024, 09:14 What has confidence or toxicity have to do with making promotion a target? Success is the target of any business model. It's got nothing to do with winning before it's even started it's about aiming for a target. The target has to be promotion. Nothing in football is guaranteed but achievable goals must be targeted. From what I've seen so far it's the bare minimum of the organisation behind the club right now. If it doesn't happen this season then so be it but looking to settle into regional football isn't how the club is being set up.
:goodpost:

Yes, I agree that achievable targets are a normal part of any business activity or indeed sporting ones. One would assume that the achievable target which is on the wall in the TUFC boardroom right now is indeed promotion in May 2025.

No one likes to make promises, in case they're not fulfilled, and I don't think anyone at the club will declare it the case, but nonetheless that's the internally set target for sure. If they fail, fair enough. Only two teams go up.

It's the same with England football team now. No doubt Gareth Southgate and his cohorts have already been asked, and will be asked again, "What's an acceptable stage for England to reach in Euro 2024?" You'll get a range of circumspect answers, but internally, their very much achievable target is to win the tournament and that's what they are planning for. If they fall short, fair enough. Only one team can win.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
NotStickingItIn
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Eifion Williams

Post by NotStickingItIn »

Reminds me of the days when the scouting used to recruit players such as Eifion Williams... Onwards and Upwards!
midtable
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Brian Wilson

Post by midtable »

I hope someone discovers an image of Jadyn smiling. The funfair video and signing on photo look very serious :lol: Welcome to the Bay
Jpr
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Mark loram

Post by Jpr »

I AM just loving the Great feeling around are Club, and so what if mid table before Christmas, as the team jells clicks with one another a good run just over and after Christmas and hay presto your top of the Table. Or in the playoffs but what ever the feeling now is GREAT :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

RodneyJacksRightFoot wrote: 05 Jun 2024, 00:25 Promising start with signings, with some having the opportunity to step up a level in terms of expectations. Would like to see Tyler Harvey given a shot, shown he is capable of scoring at this level but suspect we will be looking for a more physical striker if Brad Ash signs on.

Will be very interesting to see who we bring in on loan, especially with Neil's connections - surely an improvement on whatever Pete Johnson was capable of.
I would imagine that we're not likely to see any loan signings until the week before the season starts.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
CourtierGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by CourtierGull »

https://www.theposh.com/news/dreyer-joi ... -21s-group

Small piece on him when signed for the posh, looks like someone with a lot of potential and a handful of games last season in this league.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

GK Hamon (28) - 1y

DEF Booth (26) - 1y
DEF Foulston (23) - 2y
DEF Craske (21) - 1y
DEF Dreyer (20) - 2y
Tomlinson (22)
Moxey (38)

DEF/CM Threlkeld (30) - 1y

ST Crosbie (20) - 2y
Ash (28)

Sensible mixture of one and two-year deals there. Crosbie is one I’m intrigued by, you’ve got to take risks sometimes and I’m sure Warnock/Wotton have done their homework.
Gull in black
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Gull in black »

I’m loving the player introduction videos on Insta, who would have thought our club doing something like that (?) - exciting times.
MoxGull2502
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by MoxGull2502 »

Gull in black wrote: 06 Jun 2024, 05:35 I’m loving the player introduction videos on Insta, who would have thought our club doing something like that (?) - exciting times.
Yes the videos are fun. ‘Catch of the Day’ my fave.
It is fantastic and exciting that we start afresh under the Wotton regime. No more Wyscout and lazy tired recruitment
It really is exciting times ahead.
COYY. :scarf: