Rene off

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Yep, I've a bit of a soft spot for them too bobby93. Worked near there for a while and used to go and watch them a bit and know someone who lives in Penrith. A few jars in the city centre and then a walk down warwick road to brunton park, not a bad way to spend an afternoon.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Has he gone yet or is he still on his hols swaggering around like he did pre-Torquay thinking he's made it again and a decent move is in the bag before it all going totally wrong? I'm actually thinking that his new club are making a mistake and if they massage his ego a bit more then they are likely to get a very unproductive season from Mr Howe. Attitude is everything and what I've seen from Rene prior to joining us and the last 6 months of playing for us is that he has only had a short period of success when he was focussed and settled and that was with us. Anywhere else he has been crap in a nutshell and that is what he will be for his new club as he will be uprooted again and thinking he only needs put on a shirt and get paid like the last 6 months with us.

We had the absolute best out of Guy Branston and likewise Rene Howe.

Next
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Now apparently York have offered him a deal. Blimey he's going to be paying a lot of money in petrol seeing all these teams!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

LOL! Well pleased at my guesswork as a few posts back I predicted he would be heading for York! :clap:

Tomorrow he will be in Rotherham looking for the step up to league 1. :~D
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Jeez, this bloke is getting like Nicholas Crane! :lol:
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

rene has left but no club as yet, saah gone aswell, downes staying , brass is on board aswell.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Really?

Suppose we should thank Rene and Brian for their efforts over the last two years. Good luck in the future..
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by ROADRUNNER »

yes really nick.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Yes, I thank Rene for his efforts although he soured it for me these last 6 months or so with his behaviour and attitude. Saah, superb pro, had his problems early doors but established himself in the side and was always reliable and sad to see him go as I hoped we could start the season with a settled centre back pairing. Wish him well. Downes is a massive plus and I just hope to God he stays injury free, and Brassy onboard is also a huge relief.
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

lost two of our best players then! fantastic :)
The gulls are going up
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by ROADRUNNER »

we knew this would happen, knilly and brass are talking to numerous players and is busy trying to sign people, things will hot up over the next couple of weeks. best thing they move on if they dont want to stay.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

To be honest I will now be glad to see the back of Howe and Saah. We were nearly relegated - was it just the other nine players in the team's fault. Good riddance - they might have been two of our better players but compared to what we have had over the years neither would be worth a mention. Says it all really.
Rivo_7
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Rivo_7 »

Far more concerned about Saah leaving than I am about Rene.

Chris Robertson anyone? :-D
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

Rivo_7 wrote:Far more concerned about Saah leaving than I am about Rene.

Chris Robertson anyone? :-D
I'd take Robbo back, not sure if he'd fancy moving down south again though.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Saah was a good player for us but it never really felt he wore the shirt with pride. was always seemingly on the fringes at TUFC and not surprised that he has moved on.

It is now over to Knill to replace so in him we trust.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/