Manager

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

rooster wrote: The problem you have is if its not true!, and I know for a fact it isn't :@
You've misunderstood, Rooster my old Pedigree Chum. If you know what's up with Ling, then you can say without fear of falling foul of libel law. So, beans the spill, what's his major malfunction?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

thing is matt, i pointed rooster in the direction of the martin ling thread.

and he said that after reading it he "understood."

dont know what he means now as it appeared yesterday that he was unaware of the "situation."
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
We now head Due South to all games!

TUST Member 468

cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Obviously a thread is more than enough information to know "for a fact" that something isn't true. Having sources who actually know the guy means nothing these days, but a thread on a forum is irrefutable proof of something. Obviously.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
rooster
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Bodin

Post by rooster »

SuperNickyWroe wrote:thing is matt, i pointed rooster in the direction of the martin ling thread.

and he said that after reading it he "understood."

dont know what he means now as it appeared yesterday that he was unaware of the "situation."
The problem with these forums is some people seem to make up what they feel and attribute it to someone, read back and you will see that I purely said that it was interesting reading. In relation to being unaware of the situation again you have conveniently put your slant on it, of course I am aware , what I was referring too was as I am new to this and wasn't aware of the ML thread so wasn't aware what had previously been discussed thats why I asked you where it was and then read it........simples, try and keep it real !
At the end of the day you seem like an individual that will believe what you want to so I am not going to change your mind and have no desire to really, just have my opinions and knowledge which I shared.................
ggggg
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by ggggg »

rooster wrote: The problem with these forums is some people seem to make up what they feel and attribute it to someone, read back and you will see that I purely said that it was interesting reading. In relation to being unaware of the situation again you have conveniently put your slant on it, of course I am aware , what I was referring too was as I am new to this and wasn't aware of the ML thread so wasn't aware what had previously been discussed thats why I asked you where it was and then read it........simples, try and keep it real !
At the end of the day you seem like an individual that will believe what you want to so I am not going to change your mind and have no desire to really, just have my opinions and knowledge which I shared.................
I shouldn't bother sharing info on here, I used to until I realized that they don't appreciate, respect or believe you even if you are stating fact! told them about KP and lots of other things in the past, before the event, and they still don't believe what I tell them so I now can't be arsed with them. especially the self anointed one, never wrong chap that enjoys abusing players and their families! read this quickly as it will probably be removed by the mods like lots of my posts seem to, just vanish due to so called moderation!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I've just been through the Moderator logs going back to the 13th May when you were allowed to join the forum. There are no entries showing any of your posts being removed apart from the one which I wrote to you about on 17th August. Your reply accepted the decision and you also thanked me for the explanation you were given.

Perhaps you would like to explain the last part of your post?
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

rooster wrote:
The problem with these forums is some people seem to make up what they feel and attribute it to someone, read back and you will see that I purely said that it was interesting reading. In relation to being unaware of the situation again you have conveniently put your slant on it, of course I am aware , what I was referring too was as I am new to this and wasn't aware of the ML thread so wasn't aware what had previously been discussed thats why I asked you where it was and then read it........simples, try and keep it real !

The problem isn't the forum. People should only take from them what they wish to, it's a discussion place frequented by people very different to each other with the common factor being the football team they choose to follow. Reactions are no different to those you would see in a pub or any other meeting place.
Dave

rooster
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Bodin

Post by rooster »

Southampton Gull wrote:
The problem isn't the forum. People should only take from them what they wish to, it's a discussion place frequented by people very different to each other with the common factor being the football team they choose to follow. Reactions are no different to those you would see in a pub or any other meeting place.

Fair point and in hindsight you are right.............
Accept my apology please :)
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

No need to apologise, I just find it's the individuals responsibility to post in a manner acceptable to the majority, everyone crosses the line at some time or another but are then pretty quick to blame the forum when they find their views being targetted.

Matt takes a lot of stick on here but is probably insulted more times than anyone else but never complains, even when his account has been suspended he's never blamed the forum or the Mods. We try to let everyone have their say without getting involved but a few could do with a spell on the naughty step and might well find that becoming a reality very soon.

This thread could very well have been a good read if it wasn't for some of the stupid bickering.
Dave

ggggg
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by ggggg »

Southampton Gull wrote:I've just been through the Moderator logs going back to the 13th May when you were allowed to join the forum. There are no entries showing any of your posts being removed apart from the one which I wrote to you about on 17th August. Your reply accepted the decision and you also thanked me for the explanation you were given.

Perhaps you would like to explain the last part of your post?
what ever, we will just have to believe you then! I have posted stuff fairly recently and it has gone next time I look, maybe you have a software fault that your unaware of or someone still has privileges that perhaps they shouldn't have, I don't know! all I know is that I have posted at least six things In the last two months that have failed to be there when I have come back to read responses to them! make of that as you will!
ggggg
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by ggggg »

Southampton Gull wrote:No need to apologise, I just find it's the individuals responsibility to post in a manner acceptable to the majority, everyone crosses the line at some time or another but are then pretty quick to blame the forum when they find their views being targetted.

Matt takes a lot of stick on here but is probably insulted more times than anyone else but never complains, even when his account has been suspended he's never blamed the forum or the Mods. We try to let everyone have their say without getting involved but a few could do with a spell on the naughty step and might well find that becoming a reality very soon.

This thread could very well have been a good read if it wasn't for some of the stupid bickering.
I panned the stupid bickering and got grief for it, wonder if that will happen to you!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Are you sure that they were actually posted? Sometimes if you submit a post at the same time as someone else it doesn't get sent. We had a thread in the Admin Board about that recently. I found a few entries where posts show as being edited but the reasons given were to fix broken quotes. No evidence of posts being removed and I highly doubt the software hits a glitch every time you select the Submit button.
Dave

Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

geezer wrote: I panned the stupid bickering and got grief for it, wonder if that will happen to you!
Perhaps I was more polite about it and might receive a better response?
Southampton Gull wrote:Are you sure that they were actually posted? Sometimes if you submit a post at the same time as someone else it doesn't get sent. We had a thread in the Admin Board about that recently. I found a few entries where posts show as being edited but the reasons given were to fix broken quotes. No evidence of posts being removed and I highly doubt the software hits a glitch every time you select the Submit button.

This literally just happened to me because you posted at the same time.
Dave

ggggg
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by ggggg »

Southampton Gull wrote: Perhaps I was more polite about it and might receive a better response?

This literally just happened to me because you posted at the same time.
surely that is a software issue that needs attention then!
I find it really difficult to be polite to certain posters on here as the arrogance levels they attain actually do my head in, especially when they are on about stuff they know nothing about!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

You said "maybe you have a software fault that your unaware of or someone still has privileges that perhaps they shouldn't", I told you of a possibility that could explain what you call having Moderators remove your posts. There is no conspiracy or vendetta against you, just misconceptions on your part.

A quick read through your posts shows a real arrogance and dismissive nature towards other posters, perhaps you're getting out of this forum what you're putting in? Either way, you complain about others behaviour on here yet you yourself are hardly a shining example to others. If you hang around long enough you might develop a skin thick enough to put your views across and merely defend them when challenged, some people manage it with little or no trouble.
Dave