Boardroom, Who does what?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Southampton Gull wrote: If only that were true...........................
There you go again - innuendo. If you know something then post it but don't contradict a point of view, without offering anything to counter it. 'If only that were true' still explains nothing. I'm sure you have reasons for your point of view but to be honest it means nothing to anyone else without anything to back it up.
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

lol starting to feel sorry to the members of the Derby forum, they're going to have scrolling down to do!
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

I see you're missing 'our' AustrianAndyRam already D_P !!!!!
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Hector, I don't have to do anything. You can bury your head in the sand as much as you like. I don't feel the need to prove anything or break a confidence just to ease your curiosity. Believe me or dont believe me, that's the only power you have over what I say ;-)

The Board contains some astute legal minds, I'd be fighting lawsuits 24/7 if I was spouting bollocks don't you think?
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by hector »

Southampton Gull wrote:Hector, I don't have to do anything. You can bury your head in the sand as much as you like. I don't feel the need to prove anything or break a confidence just to ease your curiosity. Believe me or dont believe me, that's the only power you have over what I say ;-)

The Board contains some astute legal minds, I'd be fighting lawsuits 24/7 if I was spouting bollocks don't you think?

But as far as I can tell, you haven't actually spouted anything. Just innuendo and your view that they (Baker/Phillips?) are incompetent without actually saying how they are. How can anyone believe you when you haven't actually offered any reasons to back up your view. You may as well say 'the sky is purple - believe me or don't believe me!'

You are probably correct in your assertion - I wouldn't know. All I am asking, and a few others too, is if people are going to post on here a point of view and expect others to accept it, then at least litter the assertion with a few facts. Then I'll happily accept what you say.

Put it this way. I am still wavering as to whether to buy a season ticket. I suspect many others are as well. If there is something so overwhelmingly significant about the roles of two directors who have undermined promotion, and led us to subsequent relegation, then I'd quite like to know before I commit £300 towards TUFC. I am not asking anyone to break a confidence, just to simply let everyone else know these 'facts', as it is 'our' club as well.
DTG
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Anyone but McNeil

Post by DTG »

Why does this Board of Directors have such a Teflon coating? In the past we have crucified Webb for his ......erm......car lot, local player team with a little bit of arson thrown in approach to TUFC. Roberts took us down with his brand of witchcraft. And yet, for some reason, this Board can do no wrong in some peoples eyes while they took us down to the Conference again. It beggars belief! So while Webb and Roberts are hated for doing their best to ruin us, this bunch of incompetents are just too fluffy to blame. Steve, I was there when you ripped into Wes for his dismal performance, hero tho he was to most of us. Where has your judgement and fire gone? Did you need proof of Wes' incompetence? No! It was plain to see form any angle you cared to look. So what's the difference now Steve? Have you mellowed in your old age or fatherhood calmed you down a bit? i don't believe that for one second. See it for what it is, a bloody disgrace with none of the culprits willing to own up!
GET PHILLIPS OUT NOW!!!
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by hector »

DTG wrote:Why does this Board of Directors have such a Teflon coating? In the past we have crucified Webb for his ......erm......car lot, local player team with a little bit of arson thrown in approach to TUFC. Roberts took us down with his brand of witchcraft. And yet, for some reason, this Board can do no wrong in some peoples eyes while they took us down to the Conference again. It beggars belief! So while Webb and Roberts are hated for doing their best to ruin us, this bunch of incompetents are just too fluffy to blame. Steve, I was there when you ripped into Wes for his dismal performance, hero tho he was to most of us. Where has your judgement and fire gone? Did you need proof of Wes' incompetence? No! It was plain to see form any angle you cared to look. So what's the difference now Steve? Have you mellowed in your old age or fatherhood calmed you down a bit? i don't believe that for one second. See it for what it is, a bloody disgrace with none of the culprits willing to own up!
I think I am just trying to find out what it is Baker and Phillips, in particular have done, compared to the rest of the board. If the entire board are culpable, which in essence they are, then fair enough but what is it these two have done compared to the rest?
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

DTG wrote:Why does this Board of Directors have such a Teflon coating? In the past we have crucified Webb for his ......erm......car lot, local player team with a little bit of arson thrown in approach to TUFC. Roberts took us down with his brand of witchcraft. And yet, for some reason, this Board can do no wrong in some peoples eyes while they took us down to the Conference again. It beggars belief! So while Webb and Roberts are hated for doing their best to ruin us, this bunch of incompetents are just too fluffy to blame. Steve, I was there when you ripped into Wes for his dismal performance, hero tho he was to most of us. Where has your judgement and fire gone? Did you need proof of Wes' incompetence? No! It was plain to see form any angle you cared to look. So what's the difference now Steve? Have you mellowed in your old age or fatherhood calmed you down a bit? i don't believe that for one second. See it for what it is, a bloody disgrace with none of the culprits willing to own up!
Not one person on this thread has said the board are blameless, but it's not "the board" who are being blamed is it? It's just 2 members of the board, all we are asking is why are these 2 in particular being singled out.
DTG
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by DTG »

Well, the simple answer is that they were the Chairmen and the ones in charge. However it's not just these two that are in the frame, they were the leaders. The others just sat back and allowed it to happen. I'm not sure what other conclusion you can draw from this.
GET PHILLIPS OUT NOW!!!
TorquayGull2014
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by TorquayGull2014 »

For clarity please can those in the know complete the following

Phillips and Baker are responsible for position that Torquay United find themselves in because:
a

b

c

d

etc
DTG
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by DTG »

TorquayGull2014 wrote:For clarity please can those in the know complete the following

Phillips and Baker are responsible for position that Torquay United find themselves in because:
a

b

c

d

etc
Answer:

a,b,c,d etc Because they've been the ones in charge for the last 3 years or so and we now find ourselves relegated to the Conference.
GET PHILLIPS OUT NOW!!!
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Okay, fair enough. If I'm right in thinking, Simon Baker stepped down at the time when Thea took over and Mr Candy was promoted to Chief Exec, correct? Infact, didn't Baker step before the end of last season? I can't remember!

So why then, after a year or more of another Chairman and CEO, are we still having the problem with just those two?

Surely with Thea and Andy in charge, this could have been turned around. Especially considering we've had 1, maybe 2 new managers since then and a mostly new playing staff.

Also, are we saying the fault with Phillips and Baker is purposeful, or just down to incompetence?
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

DTG wrote: Answer:

a,b,c,d etc Because they've been the ones in charge for the last 3 years or so and we now find ourselves relegated to the Conference.
Come on everyone, it's the famous, "it stands to reason" argument...

Let this bloke have his little rant and, rarely, stumble upon something approaching fairness and truth, but for your own sakes, don't expect actual answers. It's like arguing with a Priest, they'll just keep pointing to the Bible and calling you a heathen until you get bored and go to someone else with some sense.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"