Olaf Koszela

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by sgf »

westyorkshiregull wrote: 29 Jun 2018, 05:44 Good luck to the lad. Good luck to any young lad on his journey in the football world.
However after the disaster last season on Harrops part makes me switch off instantly when you see him grinning with this young lad.
I know you can't keep going back but that's how I feel
For all his faults, of which there are many, youth football is his area to be fair.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Fair point. Still welcome new players old and new
madgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by madgull »

forevertufc wrote: 28 Jun 2018, 21:47 So stop confusing 'honesty' with 'negativity' All us fans can do is, help give this lad the breathing space to develop, and as always, I'm sure we will.
Best post I've read on here in a while.
tufcyellowarmy
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by tufcyellowarmy »

Took a while for the penny to drop , but i was told about this lad before christmas . A friends son plays in the youth team and raved about him . At that time a number of clubs were sniffing around him and it was felt that he would get a decent club but he didnt fancy moving away.
So all in all a decent development signing to complimemt the experience of Williams etc .
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 28 Jun 2018, 21:54 I sincerely hope not. Young players need to be nurtured carefully if they are to have long and successful careers. Remember David Byng, rave reviews after his first game, only went on to play 24 games (half of those as sub), released and signed by Doncaster where he never got a game and ended with a free transfer to Ilkeston.

.... where he made 21 appearance and scored 5 times and then left before the seasons end. Heard alledgely from the terraces to have said ' sod this for a game of soliders, regional football sucks, I'm getting myself a proper job'. Now a Quantity Surveyor in Plymouth.

This aside, I wish Olaf well as he progresses through the Torquay Academy Football Development Programme. To this end, I fully concur with the inauguration sentiments of one of the Academy instigators namely :

'THIS IS STEP ONE IN THE REBUILDING OF AN ACADEMY AT TORQUAY UNITED AND I WISH ALL THESE YOUNG PLAYERS THE VERY BEST OF THE LUCK .."

KEVIN NICHOLSON
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by sgf »

MellowYellow wrote: 03 Jul 2018, 15:20
.... where he made 21 appearance and scored 5 times and then left before the seasons end. Heard alledgely from the terraces to have said ' sod this for a game of soliders, regional football sucks, I'm getting myself a proper job'. Now a Quantity Surveyor in Plymouth.

This aside, I wish Olaf well as he progresses through the Torquay Academy Football Development Programme. To this end, I fully concur with the inauguration sentiments of one of the Academy instigators namely :

'THIS IS STEP ONE IN THE REBUILDING OF AN ACADEMY AT TORQUAY UNITED AND I WISH ALL THESE YOUNG PLAYERS THE VERY BEST OF THE LUCK .."

KEVIN NICHOLSON
“My one real disappointment is that I spent the entire off-season convincing good professionals to come to this club and have built a squad that is a Play-Off contender.

Kevin Nicholson
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

(Edited due to mundane content)

So onto the new 'regional football' season and here's hoping for better things to come.
Last edited by MellowYellow on 03 Jul 2018, 17:48, edited 2 times in total.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

I wish Nicholson had kept his job because I think the outcome would have been the same but we wouldn't be having this KN v GO debate.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

'....edited due to mundane content' is good. I've never seen this before. But what did he say? I'm dying to know....
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by budegull1954 »

Yes I'm intrigued as well - perhaps it was 'mundane' along the lines of 'hmmm I wonder what I'll have for tea this evening? I know, there's an old can of pilchards at the bag of the cupboard, perhaps I'll have those on toast.' Come on Mellow Yellow, 'spill the beans' and put us out of our misery - us old geezers love a bit of intrigue, mundane or otherwise.