Torquay United v Chippenham Town 08/09/18

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Swatcat
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Paul Gibbs

Post by Swatcat »

Teigngull re. my revelations (yesterday 18.51) from the TPL - just having a bit of fun in a quiet moment - however, I'd take a similar 'ugly' win v Chippenham if we can get it any way at all.

For TUFC, a goal or two, more confidence and get some momentum going ! Hopefully . .

Re. Gowling - his rift with GO is likely a GO failing IMO - GO's the Manager - up to him to manage difficult moments with players without a serious fall out. But I know that's not always possible. However, JG seems to get on at Alfreton OK . . . .

GL tomorrow.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

It is delusional to think that you can just pluck any player and slot into him a team and he will perform. There is obviously a man management issue involved between Gowling and Owers and possibly the wider club.
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

It's got to the point now that instead of a 'should win' game it's a 'might win' game. We should be putting teams of this ilk to bed without any problem, but for some reason best known to Owers and his motley crew of 'professionals' we just haven't got off the starting block.

A draw is no good to us if we want to sustain a place in the top half of the table (no sh!t Sherlock) so it's time the likes of Williams/Reid/Keating et al (or whoever Owers thinks fit for purpose) to step up to the plate and start playing like professionals...
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
Swatcat
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Paul Gibbs

Post by Swatcat »

'Delusional' - oh cheers.

BTW some here seem to think Gowling played quite well at TUFC and he must be doing OK at Alfreton I guess.
''There is obviously a man management issue involved between Gowling and Owers and possibly the wider club.'' Maybe so.

But as the Manager, GO is IMO responsible for resolving man management issues. OK ?
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Once again the ' administrator ' quotes ' facts ' ignoring the fact that JG is a senior pro who has had his nose put out of joint by a manager who is not prepared to be undermined by such shenanigans.
Granted there are VERY SERIOUS issues within the club but the manager needs to be allowed to manage his way until the powers that be decide otherwise.
JG is, on his day, a very good player, but the facts say he is not available for selection regular enough to warrant an automatic place , it may be by -as many would love to tell you- luck than judgement, but our goals against column this season will back that fact up, so far at least.
Continuity is key & disruptive employees are no use to anyone no matter who they are, it just breeds contempt, as is evident in this forum if you have a different opinion to those who think they are , let's just say ' in the know'.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 07 Sep 2018, 09:47 It is delusional to think that you can just pluck any player and slot into him a team and he will perform. There is obviously a man management issue involved between Gowling and Owers and possibly the wider club.
It's also delusional to post this kind of response without reading my original post which IS factual and indisputable. Nowhere did I suggest he should come back or play ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Teigngull wrote: 07 Sep 2018, 10:29 Once again the ' administrator ' quotes ' facts ' ignoring the fact that JG is a senior pro who has had his nose put out of joint by a manager who is not prepared to be undermined by such shenanigans.
Are you really that stupid? I guess you must be if you failed to understand the FACTS I quoted.
Dave

Arrywithnobrain
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Tony Brown

Post by Arrywithnobrain »

Gowling is no better or worse than most of the other centre backs who have plied their trade at Plainmoor during the last 20 years, but he does have experience in his favour. If there are issues between him and the manager then they are both at fault but if Owers excludes Gowling because of personal animosity then that is bad management. On the evidence of last season Gowling ought to be a valued member of the Torquay squad: that he is not may be a case of Owers impersonating Tycho Brahe (look him up Teigngull - he never played for Torquay).
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

United62 wrote: 07 Sep 2018, 10:19 It's got to the point now that instead of a 'should win' game it's a 'might win' game.
Which ought to lead to the question - what if we lose - what then?
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Teigngull »

Southampton Gull wrote: 07 Sep 2018, 11:21 Are you really that stupid? I guess you must be if you failed to understand the FACTS I quoted.
The ' fact' you quoted, as I am aware is the one about results when he plays ?
Am I stupid ?
Well, stupid enough to feed your obvious well over inflated ego by replying to your posts.
Stupid because I still think forums , including this one, should be about the views of the many not of just one self styled king of knowledge based in the Hampshire region.
And yes completely stupid to still put my hard earned cash through the club & even after 40 odd years of being put through the mill season in season out.
As Laura Joint once professed " Torquay United, the most frustratingly entertaining team you could ever support ".
Last edited by Teigngull on 07 Sep 2018, 16:28, edited 1 time in total.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

(slightly off topic but administrator could move) :

re: 'TEAGATE' and newest TUFC official page:

Mean-ness, viciousness and stupidity 0
Innocent little girl (i.e. goodness and decency) 9
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Teigngull wrote: 07 Sep 2018, 16:22 The ' fact' you quoted, as I am aware is the one about results when he plays ?
Am I stupid ?
Well, stupid enough to feed your obvious well over inflated ego by replying to your posts.
Stupid because I still think forums , including this one, should be about the views of the many not of just one self styled king of knowledge based in the Hampshire region.
And yes completely stupid to still put my hard earned cash through the club & even after 40 odd years of being put through the mill season in season out.
As Laura Joint once professed " Torquay United, the most frustratingly entertaining team you could ever support ".
You're the one who came on here calling others deluded, obviously feeding your own ego........
As I said, the fact is that when he has played for us we achieved better results, he's repeating that at Alfreton. Nowhere did I suggest he should return, play or even be invited for tea by Gary Owers. Others might want him to return but I don't, not a fan of going back at all.

If you can't take having your "views" pulled apart by FACTS then maybe you should try a kleenex instead of hurling silly insults when to be honest you're making a complete fool of yourself by not being able to take a dose of your own medicine.
Dave

Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Teigngull »

Best take a trip to the pharmacy then, & on the way may pop in for a slice of humble pie, Thank you o'lord & master for pointing out my obvious misgivings .
Cheers
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

If you want to keep going with the personal stuff that's water off a ducks back to me. Maybe you'd be better acknowledging that your "view" has been blown apart by the facts and move on. There's plenty more things going on we can argue about, you never know you might be right at some point ;-)
Dave

Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Teigngull wrote: 07 Sep 2018, 17:32 Best take a trip to the pharmacy then, & on the way may pop in for a slice of humble pie, Thank you o'lord & master for pointing out my obvious misgivings .
Cheers
On your way back, could you grab me some popcorn please....this is entertaining :)

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com