Boreham Wood v Torquay

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

This is one of those games that's going spark debate, does GJ stick with his strongest 11, go out and try and keep the winning momentum going, or rest players. We all know the only prize is winning the NLS do we want a fixture pile up. For me this game is about trusting the squad we've got key players who've played a lot of football, also got key players coming back from injury needing game time.

For me this is a perfect chance to give one or two a rest, and trust others to win the game for us.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

grockle wrote: 09 Dec 2018, 23:55 Next round date, 12/01/19, we are due to play Hemel Hempstead. They have quite a tricky tie against Eastleigh. 3rd round date, 2/02/19, East Thurrock, who are already out. 4th round date,23/02/19, Dulwich. They have a tie at Wingate & Finchley, but there are 2 other rounds for them to negotiate before they are due play us. Semi final dates are against teams already out, Dartford, and Concord.
Quality research. Cheers grockle.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

forevertufc wrote: 10 Dec 2018, 21:14 This is one of those games that's going spark debate, does GJ stick with his strongest 11, go out and try and keep the winning momentum going, or rest players. We all know the only prize is winning the NLS do we want a fixture pile up. For me this game is about trusting the squad we've got key players who've played a lot of football, also got key players coming back from injury needing game time.

For me this is a perfect chance to give one or two a rest, and trust others to win the game for us.
Well who knows what team he'll pick but in the last round at Basingstoke he played his full strength side and don't forget he's already stated he wants to use this game as a real test against a National League side ready for next season.
The only change is likely to be Bass for MacDonald and if there are any injuries/illness to any of those who started on Saturday.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

That's fine, GJ hasn't got much if anything wrong since he's been with us and as a fan fully trust his judgement, just feel at some point in time, he's going to have to start managing this squad, we can't keep playing these players week in and out with out risking tiredness and injuries.
Formerly known as forevertufc
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

I imagine he will stick to his strongest eleven. Which is a worry considering they nearly lost in the last round. I worry that the first team losing a cup match would be more detrimental to morale and form than them being rested.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by grockle »

let's be honest here. Borehamwood are no mugs. They play in a higher division than us and have just had a tremendous result against the best club in their division. If they put out their first team it will be a terrific result if we do not get hammered, whoever plays.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by desperado »

Don't agree with that - I think this Torquay side are more than a match for a mid table National League team. I expect us to win this game but wouldn't be upset if we lost
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

PhilGull wrote: 11 Dec 2018, 09:37 I imagine he will stick to his strongest eleven. Which is a worry considering they nearly lost in the last round. I worry that the first team losing a cup match would be more detrimental to morale and form than them being rested.
They lost to Woking in the fa cup but that doesn't seem to have affected morale.
Bxm Foxy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by Bxm Foxy »

Am I right in saying Johnson won this cup with Yeovil?
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Bxm Foxy wrote: 12 Dec 2018, 06:33 Am I right in saying Johnson won this cup with Yeovil?
Yes you are; in 2002 and whose to say he doesn't fancy winning it again.
Bxm Foxy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by Bxm Foxy »

Yeah I think you may be right. Personally I can’t stand the non-league Cups, but I’ll follow Gary.
TUFCPete
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Liam davies

Post by TUFCPete »

I know it’s off topic but will the match on Boxing Day definitely be held at 3pm and why is it at 3pm?
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

TUFCPete wrote: 12 Dec 2018, 14:58 I know it’s off topic but will the match on Boxing Day definitely be held at 3pm and why is it at 3pm?
Yes it will be. Boxing Day games are played at 3pm pretty standardly. It's a Bank Holiday after all so the fact that it's a Wednesday doesn't mean a 7:45pm kick off.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by desperado »

Well they are now, I always preferred the morning
Boxing Day kick offs at Plainmoor , the best one when we beat Argyle 2-1 on a snow covered pitch
in front of 12,500
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

nickbrod wrote: 10 Dec 2018, 21:29 Well who knows what team he'll pick but in the last round at Basingstoke he played his full strength side and don't forget he's already stated he wants to use this game as a real test against a National League side ready for next season.
The only change is likely to be Bass for MacDonald and if there are any injuries/illness to any of those who started on Saturday.
Got that wrong as Portsmouth recall Bass - so he's gone.