NEW assistant manager...Aaron Downes

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Must Admit to be with Nickbrod on this one. I'd be the first person 'not' to want a returning ex-player legend or not as manager, in our case it's twice bitten twice shy, however to put a positive spin on this, there could be a difference here.

Nicholson and Hargreaves both came in with no previous management experience, little or no coaching experience either, both, certainly Nicho could well have been excellent managers for us, if they'd gone away and learned their trade first.

Arron Downes will have period of time working under, being mentored by GJ, he's going to gain knowledge and experience from GJ, will also no doubt get to tap into a large contacts list built up over the years by GJ, is Downes the heir to the throne , quite possible, if so, this is the right way for all to go about it, as GJ no doubting, isn't going to want to go on long term with our club.
Formerly known as forevertufc
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

forevertufc wrote: 13 Dec 2018, 18:46 Must Admit to be with Nickbrod on this one. I'd be the first person 'not' to want a returning ex-player legend or not as manager, in our case it's twice bitten twice shy, however to put a positive spin on this, there could be a difference here.

Nicholson and Hargreaves both came in with no previous management experience, little or no coaching experience either, both, certainly Nicho could well have been excellent managers for us, if they'd gone away and learned their trade first.

Arron Downes will have period of time working under, being mentored by GJ, he's going to gain knowledge and experience from GJ, will also no doubt get to tap into a large contacts list built up over the years by GJ, is Downes the heir to the throne , quite possible, if so, this is the right way for all to go about it, as GJ no doubting, isn't going to want to go on long term with our club.
This is what my earlier post was hinting at; the negative posters didn't read what I said.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

You will only likely be a decent football manager if you're prepared to do the hard yards & learn your trade as Paul Buckle did with his tenure under Paul Tisdsale at Exeter.
He did well for us it didn't go so well at The Gas & it looks as if personal issues may have interfered slightly at Luton no idea what the Cheltenham gig was all about but his stint at the Sacremmento republic was a success ,
The CH, KN, GO appointments were a major reason we are plying our trade in the National league south. I have a feeling CO's 'investment' won't be put at risk by employing so called club legends (CH, KN, ha ha legends! is laughable in its own right ) to nurture the playing squad in future