Ticket arrangements for Shrewsbury

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
JamieE
First Regular
First Regular

Post by JamieE »

Both second legs will be on Sky too, one on Sky Sports 1, and the other on the red button.
Benno
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Martin Rice

Post by Benno »

Don't know how many we'll take to Shrewsbury, all depends on how we do in the first leg etc. I would guess at around 1000.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

MuzDog wrote:When we played Birmingham in the FA Cup back in 2006 (I think), we sold out our 2,000 allocation and had to watch the game with the B'rum supporters as I couldn't get a ticket! That was a Tuesday night, so I believe a 1,900 sell-out at Shrewsbury on a Friday is not beyond the realms of possibility, as to all intents and purposes this is a bigger game. What do others think? Am I being a bit over ambitious in my thinking! 8/
I would be disappointed with anything under 1,000, personally. It is probably the closest game we could have hoped for in the playoffs. Accrington would have been much less, Stevenage probably similar amounts to Shrews, only because it's London.

Should we have an advantage going into the game, I'd expect 1200 or so. It's a very big game, chance to get to Old Trafford, and it's been a great year.

I can't see us taking 1,900 there, but 1,000-1,500 should be the target, in my opinion.

Obviously if we get smashed 0-5 at Plainmoor then it'll be much less, but hopefully that isn't worth thinking about!
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

its a friday tho, that'll affect the attendance frpm devon massively surely? i only live in sheffield and theres no way i can get time off, or get there after work and back again afterwards on public transport

providing we get a decent result at home, i'd be pleased with 400 on the night
still keeping the faith
YellowMurphy
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Brian Saah

Post by YellowMurphy »

Im curious as to how much we will take up there in the away 2nd leg, numbers wise? Will the away leg be ticketed for away fans? :keepie:
SantaCruzScotty
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kee

Post by SantaCruzScotty »

Shame I can't get down for any of the games.
I might even have to rob the bank to get to Old Trafford :lol: (Pending we get there!)
How man tickets do you reckon will be sold for the final? <!> <!> <!>
Torquay Till I Die!
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

bixieupnorth wrote:its a friday tho, that'll affect the attendance frpm devon massively surely? i only live in sheffield and theres no way i can get time off, or get there after work and back again afterwards on public transport
this is an issue for me also as I have an Exam until 3.30 on the Friday, I doubt the organised buses would be able to accommodate. Pub it is then.
AdelaideGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Jimmy Dunne

Post by AdelaideGull »

Just found out that the game is "live" on Fox Sports in Australia!!!! - With a 02.15am Sunday morning Kick Off

Normally adjusted to watching all of the Premiersh#te games on a Saturday evening, so this will make a very refreshing change.......

COYY
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

Does anyone know with the away leg will be tickets for us in the away end or pay on the gate. COYY !!
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by Awayday »

I can't make the home leg (might have to upgrade my sky package to get Sky Sports 1 again) but will be there on the Friday.
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

I'll be watching this at home also, no chance of me travelling down to Torquay and even the trip to Shrewsbury is looking unlikely.
Guess I'll have to make do with Sky and a couple of beers, followed by Eurovision and a few more beers :Oops:
numpte
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Me

Post by numpte »

....and you forgot several beers for the FA Cup Final at 3pm.

hic!
TUST #324
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Awayday wrote:I can't make the home leg (might have to upgrade my sky package to get Sky Sports 1 again) but will be there on the Friday.

You are kidding me?
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

numpte wrote:....and you forgot several beers for the FA Cup Final at 3pm.

hic!
Blimey at this rate I'll be back on the whinge, moan, rant thread complaining about my hangover again :Z
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

As someone else has asked. Does anyone know about the away game? Will it be all ticket or pay on the gate?