Ticket Fiasco

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

To whom it concerns

I have been a very loyal fan for the last 7 years, not missed a home game and have not missed away games. The total i spend to follow our club i dread to think, but i do this as i love the club.

Now the way us as fans are being treated about the biggest game in many years is a joke. Im sorry but it is a joke. Over the play off semis we have had fantastic support and it has got behind the team and we got to the final.

Now your putting everyone apart from each other. I am angry to say my son went and brought a ticket with his wife and 3 children and 2 are in one place, 2 are somewhere else and one child ticket is nowhere near him. You expect a 8 year old kid to sit on his own at old Trafford.

Now you cannot use this awful excuse of this is what Old Trafford has said, that is a load of rubbish.
Friends of mine who are Stevenage fans can choose to sit in a “singing sections” or away from there.
The same with the two league 1 clubs. And our club wants everyone to sit apart and upset children and generate no singing and noise so we lose the game and there we go.

The players are going to love a silent torquay end wont they.

Please sort it out it is a joke. I love the club to bits, but does not sound like you even care about the fans. You just want our money and that is it. As long as you have the money you don t care a 8 year old is sat on his own and fans cannot sit together to generate noise.

Well done, Thanks

Frank James

Guy i know has sent this email to the club, reading through it a 8 year old sat on there own. Only torquay could do that to there own fans
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Trojan 67 wrote:Was in the queue an hour ago and seen forevertufc leaving the ticket office. When he said about selling tickets from the corner first, I thought f*ck it, I'll come back another day when the middle sections are selling.

Another matter is what happened to the "soccer express" link that was on here ? Straight after the game on Friday, four of us booked travel/overnight stay with said company. As soon as me and the bruv got back from a wasted trip to Plainmoor, the said company had phoned up and said TUFC had threatened them with action if they didn't remove there ads from wherever they had appeared.

Thanks to f*ck up/disorganised TUFC, I now don't have an overnight stay in Manchester to watch the Champions League Cup Final. :@ :@ :@

I was asked to remove the thread and obliged. My view was that Steve Breed arranges travel all season long so why should some johnny come lately jump on board and steal fans from the official method of getting to away games.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Thanks Dave for replying.

Are TUFC now in the accommodation business ? Where do I sort out an overnight stay now ?

Not happy, not happy at all. :@ :@ :@
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Plenty of sites mate, try the usual travelodge sites or lastminute.com. Manchester will be empty that night anyway :)
Dave

nicktufc
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Euuuuuuuunan

Post by nicktufc »

It sounds terrible, and could well have been organised better. For a minute though, please think about how damn lucky we are to be going to Old Trafford for the play off final in the first place. Ticketing issues can be sorted out on the day, and nobody will be expecting an 8 year old to sit on their own.

We are TUFC and we are going to Old Trafford. Would you rather be a Shrewsbury or an Accrington fan?
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

A bit deluded there, that's the whole point, it's exactly what fans are being told.

Being lucky enough to get there means nothing, we're already there, what we do now that's the case is what is important.
Dave

Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

CAn't believe this,,,, Haven't ordered mine yet but they have to be posted and I'm not sure I can trust my club! All we want to do is sit together !!!

Even thought about ordering them from Stevenage
SantaCruzScotty
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kee

Post by SantaCruzScotty »

Dave_Pougher wrote:CAn't believe this,,,, Haven't ordered mine yet but they have to be posted and I'm not sure I can trust my club! All we want to do is sit together !!!

Even thought about ordering them from Stevenage
Not the only one buddie. ~MY girlfriend stated "Why cant you get them from stevenage, it'l be easier and atleast you can move to one end because your aloud to sit anywhere you want"
Torquay Till I Die!
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

nicktufc wrote:It sounds terrible, and could well have been organised better. For a minute though, please think about how damn lucky we are to be going to Old Trafford for the play off final in the first place. Ticketing issues can be sorted out on the day, and nobody will be expecting an 8 year old to sit on their own.

We are TUFC and we are going to Old Trafford. Would you rather be a Shrewsbury or an Accrington fan?
unfortunately, this whole muck up is typical of our club. the fans and playing staff work so hard, and have got to one of the biggest games in our recent history, and we can't even organise getting fans in the ground in a straight forward manner. it's not difficult, but the club are making it near impossible.

we are on the verge of League1 football, and we're showing the organisation of a part time sunday league team. it's embarrasing.
Brady

I Wish I Was There
AndyC
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Mark Ellis

Post by AndyC »

Sadly it's all true, but I feel sorry for the staff doling out tickets because of the stick they are having to deal with, some from me included.

They are acting under orders to deal with certain sections first, and it comes as no surprise that they are on the opposite side to where the cameras are seated...I am reliably informed it is a technique known as 'donutting' to make it look like there is a bigger crowd there than it might actually be!

I've managed to get the kind of tickets I wanted but on the opposite side of the ground (North Stand) so I now need it to be a grey dull day since the sun shines in that direction - I'll take me shades and cap just in case!

They are selling in order told - WL101 first in the area behind the goal will be followed by WL102, WL103 etc, and the same applies for all other price bands.

It's a farce yes, but to blame the club completely for it would be wrong. Blame the Man Utd fat cats and refuse to buy their over-inflated crap inside the ground if you are going to protest.

I don't know why they won't organise a singing section - that you might be able to blame them for. I am sure plenty more will be said on the subject though.
basil75
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by basil75 »

To be fair to Man U, as much as I don't like them, I don't believe they really get anything out of hosting this - they just get the costs covered (and maybe a little discretionary fixed bonus for the trouble), but ultimately it matters little to them if it's just an attendance of 50, or a sell out.

All profits from the event get split appropriately between the teams in L2 I believe - even sales within the ground (I've been told this but not 100% sure).

Basically, the blame for this is our club and it's very wishful thinking to blame this fiasco on those that run Man Utd.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

The more I read and think about this scenario the less inclined I am to go. Why should I as a paying customer put up with this kind of inconsiderate crap?

I've been to many games this season and it's seriously getting to the stage where I wonder why I bother.

Us fans really don't help ourselves when we accept this kind of treatment and to be quite honest, I'm sick of it.

I love my Club, I love the feeling of being part of what we witnessed at Shrewsbury the other evening but my enthusiasm for making the trek up to Manchester is being seriously curbed. We can't choose a pub, the Police delegate that, we can't choose where we sit, the cheapest seat is £10 more than it costs to get into Plainmoor and we are being asked to go to a place where the local team is contesting a Champions League final in London. Totally ridiculous and only in this country would this be allowed to happen.

Stevenage can sort out a section for their singers, our club can't be bothered to do the same, so they can get .............. as far as I'm concerned.
Dave

wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

Just been up to get my tickets, all I wanted was 4 x £36.00 tickets, fairly high up & either around halfway or behind the goal.
Can't be done because as stated by a previous poster the blocks have to be sold in order from the corners of the ground, & no central tickets can be sold until these areas are full. This is on the instructions of the Man.U. stadium staff.
I believe that the Stev. ticket office are selling tickets that the supporters are requesting,& taking no notice of any instructions from Old Trafford.

Why was Old Trafford selected if they can't allow (within reason) fans to sit where they want to?

Why are there only volunteer staff on duty at TUFC to sell tickets, where are the management & directors?

Why haven't we got the balls to do the same as the Stev. ticket office,& sell people the tickets that they want?

I will wait until friday before buying my tickets as I believe that by then I will have a better choice of seats.

Even better if possible I will buy the tickets on the day ( I will have to find out if this is poss.) at Old Trafford, :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :red: :red: :red: :red:
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Southampton Gull wrote:The more I read and think about this scenario the less inclined I am to go. Why should I as a paying customer put up with this kind of inconsiderate crap?

I've been to many games this season and it's seriously getting to the stage where I wonder why I bother.

Us fans really don't help ourselves when we accept this kind of treatment and to be quite honest, I'm sick of it.

I love my Club, I love the feeling of being part of what we witnessed at Shrewsbury the other evening but my enthusiasm for making the trek up to Manchester is being seriously curbed. We can't choose a pub, the Police delegate that, we can't choose where we sit, the cheapest seat is £10 more than it costs to get into Plainmoor and we are being asked to go to a place where the local team is contesting a Champions League final in London. Totally ridiculous and only in this country would this be allowed to happen.

Stevenage can sort out a section for their singers, our club can't be bothered to do the same, so they can get .............. as far as I'm concerned.
I'm feeling a lot less excited now the club have ballsed this up.

After Friday, I was buzzing, I was on such a high, but now I'm not. I'll still go but it's costing a lot of money to do so.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

YellowMurphy wrote:we were told that 11 of us might have to be slit up, because they messed up our tickets.
crikey thats a bit harsh!!
still keeping the faith