Zebroski

General chat about anything else goes here.
basil75
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by basil75 »

Well if Zebroski wants to stay, let's hope it's him who decides........

But if he doesn't want to go and is shipped out for a measly 75k regardless then I seriously despair.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

miltonkeynesgull wrote: That's very interesting...a friend of mine was out in Manchester on Saturday night, and also met Zebroski who said the exact same thing to him as well. I'm willing to be proved wrong, and call me naive, but I honestly reckon that he is going nowhere.
And why would he go anywhere? He is 24 years old and at his 5th club, after all the trouble he has had in the past he has finally found a club he feels comfortable working at and an area he feels comfortable living in.
Everyone knows that Rovers are a sham. Like has been said before it's difficult to get players to Torquay but once we have them they love it. Our own Mr. Branston seems more willing to stay than follow Buckle to the sinking ship that is Rovers.
Torquay are a club moving forward, hence the apparently high quality and long list of potential new managers. Rovers are not.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

i dare say he's on the arrogant one's shopping list, but i'd like to think he's going to remain with us. the club have done a lot for him, and i think he'll remember that. of course he's one of our best players, and has had a good season, but there are no half measures with him. he's either very good or bloody awful, which is why i think he's not cut it at a higher level (yet).
Brady

I Wish I Was There
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

I believe it when I see it. Will not worry about it until then. Just another gas fan on the wind up - their 'big balls' mentality is going to come round and slap them in the face and we are all looking forward to that!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
TUFC92
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by TUFC92 »

clemy1989 wrote:hmmm seems an odd one, i spoke to zebroski on saturday night as he was out in manchester with kee stevens ellis and possibly robbo altho my drunken memory cant quite picture the 5th player. Zebs told me that he felt at home at torquay and wasn't leaving and was of the opinion nobody would leave other than potter.

Now money changes heads and i cant see branston stayin now he hasn't been offered anything by the club (disgrace by the way). Doubt robinson stanners or tomlin have been offered anything either seems the club are going all out to find a new manager and forgetting about retaining these players who im sure any manager would want on board. I think with players leaving it will give stevens a repreive and another 2 year deal will be on offer so we have some form of winger singed up
To be fair, was he going to say anything else?
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

I believe it would take some serious money to tempt him away, especially after the trouble he's had at previous clubs, he's definitely settled down here. Maybe he'd consider it if they were in the division about, but I don't see why he'd move at this moment in time. £75k is a joke though, he's worth at least double that.
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
gashead josh

Post by gashead josh »

Don't think there's any truth in this guys. I'd be stunned if he signs in the next few days. We're going to be focusing on signing frees first and building a nucleus of a team before we try to negotiate any deals with Torquay so soon after Buckle has left. I also find it very unlikely that your board would accept such an offer before a manager was in place.

As for the move for Zebroski himself. With his background and struggle at other clubs I really don't think a move to Bristol would be in his best interests. Like you guys have said, he's settled now and enjoying his football. Many a footballer has signed for one of the Bristol 2 and got themselves into trouble.
gullsflyinghigh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rene Howe

Post by gullsflyinghigh »

Board needs to man up and start offering players I.e branston contracts soonish. Also need to tell our top players such as Zebs that we want him to stay. And if for some obscure reason he did want to follow Buckle them we're seriously getting mugged off if it's for 75k. 150k+ at the least.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

TUFC92 wrote: To be fair, was he going to say anything else?
Probably not, but it seems that he is at home here. Rarely are there problems, he seems to be enjoying himself.
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

Don't think he would be very happy playing on a pitch that is I believe shared with a load of egg chasers, but only half of the games are played at home I suppose.
In any case as usual it's all about money, Zebs agent will squeeze every penny out of any club that signs him. The same goes for Branston & Stanley. Stanley is wanted by Torquay, Morecombe, & Buckle, so a bidding war will most like take place.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

I think there is no doubt that buckle is going to want Zebroski,so therefore at some point in time Brsitol Roevrs are going to put in a bid for his service's,our club would then have a duty to Informs Zebs of this intrest,i hope then that Zebs would want to comit his future to Torquay,if that is the case then our club should respond with a new contract for him,if not and he does want to move then our club must act sensibly.

I do not know where fans in general sometimes get there player valuations from,not having a go at anyone,however to say Zebroski is better than Benyon so worth more is not quite how it works,player's at our level are not moving for anything like the money they were 10 years ago,i have to admit i do not overly know the formula used to value a player however i should imagine it goes something like ..remainder of contract,players age,number of first team appearences etc,the club will have it on there minds that they did pay i believe in the region of £35k for him aswell,please correct me if i am barking up the wrong tree,i should imagine because of this he will have a valuation as a playing asset on the club's balance sheet,if that is the case our board will not want him to go for nothing which he could do next summer due to his age.

This is all speculation or course,our club may not want to sell,Zebroski may not want to go,just anote of warning though,if he does want to go it would be wrong for our club to price him out of a move,we would be left with a player who does not want to be here,and would likey go for nothing next summer,whilst i said early on in this thread £75 would be good buinsness for our club thinking about it probaly a bit on the low side,however do not expect our club to go into to bat for £200k,if and mean if Zebroski wants to go i would expect our club to get something alot closer to the Benyon fee which would be reasonable.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

gashead josh wrote:Don't think there's any truth in this guys. I'd be stunned if he signs in the next few days. We're going to be focusing on signing frees first and building a nucleus of a team before we try to negotiate any deals with Torquay so soon after Buckle has left. I also find it very unlikely that your board would accept such an offer before a manager was in place.

As for the move for Zebroski himself. With his background and struggle at other clubs I really don't think a move to Bristol would be in his best interests. Like you guys have said, he's settled now and enjoying his football. Many a footballer has signed for one of the Bristol 2 and got themselves into trouble.
I get where your coming from Josh,however i would not at this stage rule out your club moving to sign Zebroski and O'kane,whether either or both of these players end up at your club is niether here nor there,i am in no doubt your club will try to sign them though.
Formerly known as forevertufc
TUFC92
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by TUFC92 »

My opinion on it is that he won't leave, but as I said I don't expect him to tell a fan anything other than he is staying put.

I can't see him leaving unless it is for a higher division side, and O'Kane would be absolutely mad to leave for a side below the Championship.
Boom Boom
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Paul Buckle

Post by Boom Boom »

Don't give a shit about Buckle but Zebroski would be a big loss. Nonetheless, gaygasgas88 could be playing the wind up merchant, time will tell.
GulldenBoy
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Branston

Post by GulldenBoy »

JamieE wrote:Horrible first touch, can't pick a pass, can't cross, can't tackle. Useless.
:lol: completely agree with this! How he scored so many goals I do not know! BR can have him for 75K!!