Season tickets 2024-25

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
MoxGull2502
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by MoxGull2502 »

Got my season ticket this morning. The feel good factor is back which encouraged me. I did not bother last season with all the negativity and pi33 poor management from the top down. I still turned up reluctantly to the home games and like us all witnessed a clueless manager unable to get a tune out of the mainly spineless injury prone embarrassment that wore the once proud shirt.
Now onwards and upwards we have OUR club back , owners that care and a young hungry Manager.
I cannot wait to see some fighters on the pitch worthy of the Torquay United shirt.
COYY
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

thebigp1 wrote: 22 Jun 2024, 10:08 Any idea how many season tickets were sold last season?
Around 700 I believe

And we've hit 1000 this morning

Target to increase revenue by £500,000 is in motion
Skillsy
New Signing
New Signing
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Skillsy »

1308 season tickets were sold for season 2023-24.
Enzo
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Enzo »

Skillsy wrote: 23 Jun 2024, 18:28 1308 season tickets were sold for season 2023-24.
Really? For last season? That’s a fair amount higher than I would have guessed, following relegation to our lowest level in living memory. Was there an offer on. Even in our successful seasons, I would have thought around the 1000 mark.

Would also mean that a sizeable proportion of those have not yet renewed.
DerekDawkinsJnr
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by DerekDawkinsJnr »

Enzo wrote: 23 Jun 2024, 21:26 Really? For last season? That’s a fair amount higher than I would have guessed, following relegation to our lowest level in living memory. Was there an offer on. Even in our successful seasons, I would have thought around the 1000 mark.

I think at the start of last season the sentiment was that we'd win the NLS. We were certainly bookie's favourites and the last time we were in NLS did (eventually) end up winning it..... So, that being the case, one might expect there'd be some strong season ticket sales.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Enzo wrote: 23 Jun 2024, 21:26 Really? For last season? That’s a fair amount higher than I would have guessed, following relegation to our lowest level in living memory. Was there an offer on. Even in our successful seasons, I would have thought around the 1000 mark.

Well, we had kept on a sizeable chunk of the squad who were actually pretty good towards the end of the relegation season. There was reason to be optimistic, I felt - we'd have expected to be competing for the top 2 with Yeovil. We had also won the division handily in our previous time down here, so I get why peple would have bought STs. The ownership issues were well known, of course, but most are prepared to overlook that if we think the footballing side will be ok.

Yeah, the season was terrible even before Osborne did the cowardly thing and **** off, but I don't think anybody really expected it to be that poor.
I think we've a shot of getting to that same figure this season. Some people will come back who had tappend out already, and the wave of good feeling that the new regime has brought with it will help.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Skillsy
New Signing
New Signing

Post by Skillsy »

The figure of 1308 doesn't tell the complete story.........just over one hundred of those were sold after the season started so not all sales were for the full amount. Before the start of the season just over 1200 had been sold so we are well on track to beat that figure this time round.
Carry on buying :scarf:
Enzo
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Enzo »

Thanks - I had completely forgotten the feeling of optimism which started to disappear after about 30 minutes of that wet day at Dover! It had gone completely after the 4-0 home humiliation against Worthing. Any fan who purchased a ticket after the season had started deserves a medal………or certifying. 1308 last year was a hell of an effort.

Maybe I have completely underestimated the proportion of season ticket holders to our average gate for all seasons? Does anyone know the most we have ever sold - in recent times? I presume it would be the season that we did some silly offer that nearly bankrupted the club?