Scott bevan.. gone.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

jonesy33tufc wrote:bixie he kept a record 10 clean sheets and many vital saves through out the season, he was a huge part in how far we got
If your refering to the 998 mins record with out conceeding think you will find that Poke,bevan and Collis all played in goal during that run.
Formerly known as forevertufc
holsten
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by holsten »

mlw wrote:Walshy
How many posts do you have to make before your opinion is considered believable???
It just seems dodgy that it's nowhere official or even in speculation, completely out of the blue for me, or am i missing something?
tufc023
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Lee mansell

Post by tufc023 »

ahaha thanks walshy loving how I'm considered unreliable. ;-)

my source, as tufcbrett says is very close to many of the players and he has text me saying that bevan is off.

Unsure whether the is news is something to worry about yet as everyone seems to have mixed opinons on bevan, but I'm sure we'll find a replacement soon enough, just thought i'd inform everyone of what I've been told..
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Like the 2 Dave's have posted. I'm not bothered if this is true. Outstanding early part of the season, no where near those standards back end of the season and I've seen keepers at the local park who kick better.

THe other Dave's suggestion of Jake Cole would get my endorsement. I can't honestly understand why BArnet would have let him go unless it was his decision. He was outstanding for them last season, unlike Potter he's 6'3 as well.

If available obviously Poke would be high on my list.
holsten
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by holsten »

tufc023 wrote:ahaha thanks walshy loving how I'm considered unreliable. ;-)

my source, as tufcbrett says is very close to many of the players and he has text me saying that bevan is off.

Unsure whether the is news is something to worry about yet as everyone seems to have mixed opinons on bevan, but I'm sure we'll find a replacement soon enough, just thought i'd inform everyone of what I've been told..
Don't take it personally, you could be anyone! ^.^

If this is the case, like others have said he's a bit shakey at times with poor kicking and commanding of his area. Saying that, on his day he's made some fantastic saves that have kept us in games, and without a doubt saved us point this season.
Bloggy
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Bloggy »

jonesy33tufc wrote:bixie he kept a record 10 clean sheets and many vital saves through out the season, he was a huge part in how far we got
Agreed, but the record wasn't entirely down to the GK! A solid defence was also in part reason for this achievement.
northyorkshiregull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: benyon

Post by northyorkshiregull »

I was told yesterday that he is in the middle of moving into a new house down here so not sure it is true.
Bloggy
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Bloggy »

He has plenty of options down here! Plymouth (back up to Romain), Rovers, City... even Truro! Devon doesn't stop James playing for Brissol City.
mlw
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by mlw »

I see on the PFA website that Steve Collis (emergency loan last season) is available on a free. Might be worth a punt even if only as a No 2
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

mlw wrote:I see on the PFA website that Steve Collis (emergency loan last season) is available on a free. Might be worth a punt even if only as a No 2
I thought he was quite good. If im honest, there are some good keepers out there that have no clubs.
Teams cant afford to keep decent keepers on the bench, i would have thought bevs would be a cheaper option than most. Maybe why rovers want him as a number 2? But thats football for you. players come and go.
drummergull90
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: O'Kane

Post by drummergull90 »

Shame to see him go. Thought he was outstanding at times this season, and he has done a lot for the club. However recent performances have shown him totally shot of confidence, it was clearly time for him to move on.

All the best Scott.
exmouthgull1
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: zebs

Post by exmouthgull1 »

drummergull90 wrote:Shame to see him go. Thought he was outstanding at times this season, and he has done a lot for the club. However recent performances have shown him totally shot of confidence, it was clearly time for him to move on.

All the best Scott.
It hasnt been said offically yet, so I wouldnt say the goodbyes just yet.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

exmouthgull1 wrote: It hasnt been said offically yet, so I wouldnt say the goodbyes just yet.

True enough, on the other hand though the OS still lists Paul Buckle as our Manager which just about sums up how the Club feels about keeping fans informed and up to date.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
andygull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Guy Branston

Post by andygull »

If scotty was more assertive and dominant coming for crosses he would be a really good keeper. As it is he is run of the mill at this level, although he has had some great games for us and i thank him for his service and good luck at his new club if he has gone.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

ladies and gentleman,

im led to believe that the club have lined up two impressive goalkeepers to replace bevs and potts.

one is from southampton and the other has previously played for torquay.......... ;-)
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
We now head Due South to all games!

TUST Member 468