Guy Branston interview...legend!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

[pedantic]I would guess nothing as a football doesn't have a brain![/pedantic]
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

cambgull wrote:[pedantic]I would guess nothing as a football doesn't have a brain![/pedantic]
:) it was just an attempt at light hearted humour :clap:
Formerly known as forevertufc
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

forevertufc wrote: :) it was just an attempt at light hearted humour :clap:
Well someone has to do Matt's job when he's not online and ruin everyone else's fun! :-D
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Bigman
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Bigman »

What a guy! A class act all the way. I work in Bradford so if I ever spot him in town (and discover a decent pub) I will insist on buying him a pint.

Credit to the board too for making a good effort at doing what the fans wanted, I admit to being on of those unhappy at the lack of news on a new contract, but on reflection it seems they did everything they could and to keep everything above board and proper couldn't really say anything.
clemy1989
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Wroe

Post by clemy1989 »

Thanks for sticking up for me there dave appreciate that. i posted what guy had sent to me. now theres nothing to say that after i posted that on here the club did offer guy the deals and tried pushing the boat out there was a gap of a week or so between my first post and the move. i think its a proffesional interview he mentions bristol as i did when i copied and pasted his message about having offers left right and bristol. as has been mentioned before play your cards close say the right thing make everybody happy.
mickyflash
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by mickyflash »

It does just go to show how we, as fans (myself included) can over analyse the most trivial of things.

one man s assumption, that Guy did not agree to the appointment of Martin Ling quickly became known as fact on here, every other post on the ML thread at one point was cursing the club because Guy had left us because of this that and the other.

Even tweets like Lee Mansells this week s quickly became used as a stick to further beat the board with. while we re all trying to figure out if it s a positive WOW or negative WOW it turned out that the tweet had nothing to do with the manager. In the end I wouldn t blame the players if they just stop tweeting.

Of course we were all just disappointed and venting, all I am saying is you have to take everything you read that is not from the horse s mouth with a pinch of salt, and be cool, are we cool?
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

yellowforever wrote:Yeah, very nice guy, exchanged a couple of facebook messages and he's always got time for the fans.
Yes same with me!

You wouldn't expect anything less from Brano. An all round great professional!
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
clemy1989
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Wroe

Post by clemy1989 »

well sed mickey! a lesson to learn for me for sure. anyway lets look on now to the next set of signings and players coming IN to the club!
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

I love you Branno. I too was a bit sad and had to send Branstonbauer a message on FB, he replied and it makes me sad I won't be able to see that loveable bald legend kick and head the ball 70 yards next season.

I'm still annoyed he didn't have a gun put against his head and made to sign a contract for 2 years back in January.
Warwickgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: HOWE

Post by Warwickgull »

I also spoke to him on facebook, jesus with over 5000 friends he will soon need a PA just to keep his replies going out and his page up to date! A great character and a top bloke.
Everybody has a photographic memory, some people just dont have film.
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

Good luck to the guy, Bradford are the biggest team in this division and its a shame we couldn't hold on to him for another year.

Let's just hope he gets sent off in both our matches!!
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
allez mons
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Guy Branston

Post by allez mons »

Nice touch......He didn't have to say that. Good Luck next season Guy .......