Darren Byfield

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

AlexGulls wrote:I'd be happy if we signed Byfield personally. Always seemed to have a decent scoring record.
Decent scoring record... you on about the same Darren Byfield?
Hes never really beed a goal scorer, yes he has scored goals but hes always been the big man to get the ball and get something started. I feel if he was to sign he would offer us something diffrent up top but its all rumors at the moment.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Couldn't be any worse than Gritts second time round.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
A J
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by A J »

ferrarilover wrote:Couldn't be any worse than Gritts second time round. Matt.
Signed for Stockport today.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13866767.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

Byfield has never been a target man, he's not that big, nor good in the air.

His scoring record isn't bad, he's hit 15 a couple of times at Championship and League 1 level I think.

He's pretty skillfull though.
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

By my reckoning, he's played 400 games in his whole career, he's hit the net 98 times.

I'd imagine theres more to his game than just goalscoring though, as I don't see that sort of record allowing a player to consistently play at a level higher than ourselves.
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper

Post by yellowforever »

NickGull wrote:By my reckoning, he's played 400 games in his whole career, he's hit the net 98 times.

I'd imagine theres more to his game than just goalscoring though, as I don't see that sort of record allowing a player to consistently play at a level higher than ourselves.
Yeah it's not an amazing record, but I'm sure there is more to his game than that.

He used to be pretty quick and strong if I remember correctly?
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

i think he's the sort of player we were missing last season. but i'd be more than happy to have him on board now, he's a good player, experienced, and the sort of signing that will give the younger players a lift, in a similar way to Branno when he first arrived.
Brady

I Wish I Was There
AndyC
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Mark Ellis

Post by AndyC »

Twitter also has us (Wycombe and Shrewsbury) linked with a move for Junior Agogo, who has been playing abroad for a number of years, most recently in Cyprus with Larissa FC.

I do not for one minute believe we have the money hanging around to sign him!
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper

Post by yellowforever »

As much as I'd love it to be true, I doubt he'd want to come to us, nor could we afford him.
Brucie. 27/02/14
mattymoos
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Wes Saunders

Post by mattymoos »

AndyC wrote:Twitter also has us (Wycombe and Shrewsbury) linked with a move for Junior Agogo, who has been playing abroad for a number of years, most recently in Cyprus with Larissa FC.

I do not for one minute believe we have the money hanging around to sign him!
So in other words Agogo-anogo?
Boom Boom
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Paul Buckle

Post by Boom Boom »

Kee & Agogo upfront, fair few lbs there!
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Was Martin Ling not working for Walsall as a scout last season? Assuming he has met and got to know the now ageing centre forward maybe this is our new player-coach?
I've never seen much of Byfield play but have always heard good things and given the level he has played at throughout his career there must be something to his game that the stats don't tell.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darren_Byfield" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

PhilGull wrote:Was Martin Ling not working for Walsall as a scout last season? Assuming he has met and got to know the now ageing centre forward maybe this is our new player-coach?
I've never seen much of Byfield play but have always heard good things and given the level he has played at throughout his career there must be something to his game that the stats don't tell.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darren_Byfield" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Good shout - he did do some scouting for Walsall last year. Not too far fetched and could be a possibility.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/