What price Zebroski?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Interesting that family reasons are noted when he's been in Torquay on and off for 4 years and was at Argyle as a youngster. He's spent more time in Devon than he has anywhere else whilst being a professional. i suppose they can't print Buckle has tapped him up though. Buckle's lack of contacts showing again really wherever he goes he just hoovers up players that were at his previous club, he's going a long way to destroy whatever good feeling was left towards him.
teeboo100
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: alex russell

Post by teeboo100 »

being a odieos egotistical self centered individual helps i suppose what a horrible individual paul buckle is bristol beware when he leaves your club lock down the family silver quick
highweekgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by highweekgull »

This is where we need to play it cool and wait for the right offer.

I don't care if he wants to go and we get offered £100k - we don't blink but say "No, you'll need more than that" and make sure we get the right dosh

Also I hope our team are digging into whether there has been any tapping up by anyone - if so - come down on them like a ton of bricks as he is contracted to us and that's not allowed!
tommyg
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tommyg »

This is bullshit. He's had his head turned by Buckle and been tapped up. He's had no problems commuting for the the last couple of years.

Buckle can go screw himself, the board best hold out for over £100k. Also disappointed in Zebs for forcing this through. We took a gamble on him and stuck by him when he had problems off the field. But he did always give 100% and will be difficult to replace. We are knee deep in the brown stuff if Parkinson ends up taking his spot in the team.
monkeyboy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by monkeyboy »

Seriously guys, there's no need to see this whole episode negatively. Zebroski has obvious talents which we will hopefully get paid well for, but he also has many pitfalls too. His temperament has to be questioned, he isn't great under pressure and isn't great at link-up play. We can buy better.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

tommyg wrote:This is bullshit. He's had his head turned by Buckle and been tapped up. He's had no problems commuting for the the last couple of years.

Buckle can go screw himself, the board best hold out for over £100k. Also disappointed in Zebs for forcing this through. We took a gamble on him and stuck by him when he had problems off the field. But he did always give 100% and will be difficult to replace. We are knee deep in the brown stuff if Parkinson ends up taking his spot in the team.
100% agree
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

tommyg, spot on post.
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
numpte
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Me

Post by numpte »

I heard we had already turned down an offer of over £100k for Zebs from BR which I found surprising for a player with 1 year left as i would have thought they'd snap BR's hand off for that.

If we get over that, good bit of business seeing as though he was only 20k, invest in the next and sell on again.

Lets face it, thats what we have to do as a club, bring players on, sell them on at a higher price, invest in the club, move it forwards.

Must say though, would like to see a couple of experienced heads brought in now, CF and CM.
TUST #324
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

Richinns wrote: 100% agree
me too. we could all see it coming, but it still sucks ar$e. clearly he sees it that "buckle" stood by him, more so than the club standing by him. unfortunately we can't afford to spite the pair of them and keep him here warming the bench, so that's that, he's gone, but we should not allow ourselves to be ar$e raped on the fee. and that money should be made available to ML to get in a couple of decent signings.
Brady

I Wish I Was There
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Another typical ploy from Mr Arsehole himself Paul **** McBuckle. Unfortunately the game against Bristol Rovers will be an embarassment as we are going to get a right royal shellacking. In fact I can see us losing around 8-0.
A major loss - he probably is irreplacable. I would be seriously worried about giving Ling any money to spend.
Hate to say it but we are looking in disarray at the moment.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Zeb has scored a good amount of goals wherever he has gone (including us) so that's got to put his price up surely!? The board better stand their ground and demand an offer over £200k. If Rovers (Buckle) wants Zebs we better get every penny we can from Rovers!
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

Well if he does want to move closer to home then it will be difficult to get a top fee for Zebs because of the teams in the are of where he wants to be.
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

brucie wrote:Another typical ploy from Mr Arsehole himself Paul **** McBuckle. Unfortunately the game against Bristol Rovers will be an embarassment as we are going to get a right royal shellacking. In fact I can see us losing around 8-0.
A major loss - he probably is irreplacable. I would be seriously worried about giving Ling any money to spend.
Hate to say it but we are looking in disarray at the moment.
Stay out of the kitchen. There is sharp objects in there
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

At least we have got Mcphee as a replacement for Zebroski - now where did I put the knife block!
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

The fee has already been agreed, i dont know what that is sadly but it has been agreed with rovers. We all knew it was going to happen and its really really rubbish i know but thats football sadly.

I just hope Ling gets every penny and he canactually buy someone decent or two decent players. I have faith in Ling.
He hasnt made a signing yet that im not worried about.

Mcphee has a point to prove which will help us in the sence of he will need to play like he has the last few seasons to do well for us. Oaslter i dont care what anyone says is a decent league 2 player. Leadbitter im confident he will do well for us. Saah is class, no doubt about that i would be delighted to see him sign. Now for this keeper.