Away Days your going to this year?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
teeboo100
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: alex russell

Post by teeboo100 »

fair enough fonda my mother would slap my legs if she had read my posts i will use the old queens english as best i can from now on
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

teeboo100 wrote:fair enough fonda my mother would slap my legs if she had read my posts i will use the old queens english as best i can from now on
Haha cheers mate, i appreciate the effort. You're by no means the only one though! It was a general whinge.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
dazgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jean-Pierre Simb

Post by dazgull »

will do southampton and bristol rovers, might get to an fa cup game but thats it until the new year.
DerbyGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by DerbyGull »

Only just realised reading the list what a shocking absence of East Midlands teams there are in the league this year. I'll be at Burton definitely as its only down the road. Other than that i'll have to venture into Yorkshire to Rotherham and Bradford and hopefully one or two others maybe Crewe and Port Vale.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Know how you feel Derbygull. I live near Chesterfield and Macc / Burton and Rotherham are really near. Gutted like you that Chesterfield went up and Lincoln went down replaced by a load of southern teams!! Well we can't have everything i suppose mate! We'll just have to spend a few more hours in the car or on the coach/train mate.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

I'm definitely going to
Southampton
Bristol Rovers
Aldershot
Crawley
Plymouth
AFC Wimbledon.

On the maybe list is
Barnet
Dagenham
Swindon
Cheltenham
Gillingham
Oxford
Southend.
Hereford (if we have something to play for on the final day)

All depends on funds and whether I can get time off work.

I would like do another long away day so maybe Bradford. Also would like to try and go to Oxford and Southend.
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

I intend to do as many as I possibly can. Definitely going to miss Cheltenham (no way will I get a pass out for football on valentines day!), and Plymouth as I'll be back up in Herts by then. But all the others look fair game. Particularly looking forward to Accrington away the week before Xmas - a real trip for the hardcore!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

I actually might try and get to Southend after all and make a weekend of it. Never been before so if anyone could tell me what its like who has been i would be grateful. Is it close to town centre or sea and is it a friendly atmosphere or do they have marauding gangs of essex meatheads looking for trouble?
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Jeff wrote:I intend to do as many as I possibly can. Definitely going to miss Cheltenham (no way will I get a pass out for football on valentines day!), and Plymouth as I'll be back up in Herts by then. But all the others look fair game. Particularly looking forward to Accrington away the week before Xmas - a real trip for the hardcore!
Jesus Jeff ( nearly said Jesus Jones then) :lol: There will only be you and 5 others at Accy for that one! Ha. The reason that the away terrace at Accy is only 6 steps depth is not because they are a small club from humble beginnings with a small ground, it's because nobody wants to go there so they don't need much away space!! :clap: Good on ya Jeff and the 5 others! ( seriously, i know there will be a lot more gulls than that and if i can find somebody to change my mind then i may even be one of them. :scarf:
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Would like to do:

Accrington
Aldershot
Burton
Brizzle
Plymouth
Swindon
Cheltenham
Morecambe
Crawley
Wimbledon
Southampton
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

andygullagain wrote:I actually might try and get to Southend after all and make a weekend of it. Never been before so if anyone could tell me what its like who has been i would be grateful. Is it close to town centre or sea and is it a friendly atmosphere or do they have marauding gangs of essex meatheads looking for trouble?
I actually quite like Southend, it's only about an hour from me and it's like Torquay on steroids. It's where I go if I need to see the sea (well, Thames!) and hear the sound of seagulls.

I've always found it's an o.k away day. No aggro, a little way out of the town centre though (nearer to Prittlewell rather than the seafront). Nice atmospheric ground, low barrel roof that's great for atmosphere and a greasy-spoon style cafe for refreshments. If you do go for it, I'd recommend having a pre match drink down at Leigh on Sea - loads of nice pubs on the waterfront and it's the home of cockles and jellied eels (not that I'd ever eat them!).
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Cheers Jeff, thats good advice duly taken. Roll on Roots Hall! I'm more of a consumer of obscure fish than greasy spoon dishes or jellied eels though. Should be some fine fresh fish from Leigh-on-Sea for me to get my teeth into!
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Only ever been to Roots Hall once, Andy but I never found any trouble. Then again we had just won promotion so alot of fans were congratulating us afterwards. :lol:
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Cheers Nick. I wish i could have been at that game, i remember the day well as i was at work and had the radio on. Happy days.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

andygullagain wrote:Definately making the home game with Macc my first ever game live at Plainmoor and also going to the Barnet home game in december. There you go, just for the record!
andygullagain wrote:Cheers Nick. I wish i could have been at that game, i remember the day well as i was at work and had the radio on. Happy days.
So you've been a fan since 2004 or earlier, but never been to Plainmoor!! :O