Falkirk Fan Re Olejnik/Tam McManus Striker

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Looks like a superb player, can see quite a bit of David Graham in the arrogance needed to attempt shots like he has. Seems to be able to run at people as well as hang on the shoulders of defenders. With a decent targetman (this Atieno guy maybe?) he could be a real threat.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

I know its difficult to tell from you tube video's,however Tam McManus..yes please,does not seem to mind letting one fly from "way down town" :) ,or banging in a gooooool.gooooool,goooool,from up close and personal.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

For Tam McManus, it could be his and our "Shot at Glory".

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Torquay is "Kilnockie" by the seaside.

Tam McManus as "Jackie McQuillan"

Our own brucie as "Gordon Mc(under-a-permanent-black)Cloud". :rofl:

Michael Keaton as "himself" (Batman).

Danny Stevens as little robbin' (b'stard, for stealing a two year contract) . . .

Edit : oops :Oops: link now correct.
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
TUFCfan
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by TUFCfan »

If we can afford his wages I think he'd be a good signing at this level (he was on about £1600 per week in MLS, though presumably was on less at Falkirk).

From what I remember of him in MLS he was seen as a hard worker but didn't have a great scoring record, though he did score this goal:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4on4E5o4 ... page#t=91s

Unsuprisingly he was released because they wanted him to re-sign on lower wages, which seems to be a theme throughout his career. Would like to see him here though.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

His brother Mick wasn't a bad player, Always giving cheap fouls away though. Wouldn't stop wrestling his opponents.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

brucie wrote:His brother Mick wasn't a bad player, Always giving cheap fouls away though. Wouldn't stop wrestling his opponents.
:clap:

Don't confuse Mick McManus with our own wrestler "Mick McRobertson". :nod:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

If this was to happen, i would be very happy. Looks like Ling is looking at some decent players
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

Sounds a promising player. I know I had my doubts about Mr Ling, but the signings he's making so far are filling me with some confidence. Good news for the club if he does sign.
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
JamieE
First Regular
First Regular

Post by JamieE »

Got a good goalscoring record wherever he's been. Liking this rumour.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

yellowforever wrote: there's a massive potential lot of players in Scotland that we should have a look at.
There's a lot of risk involved too though. It's impossible to translate Scottish leagues, clubs and leagues into what the corresponding level in England would be.

Not all of the 2nd tier is full-time, and looking at the sides, there's quite a few that are in big financial trouble.

For every success (David Graham and hopefully Olejnik), there's an awful lot that don't last. I was against John Hughes as manager because signing Scottish players in the lower leagues is risky, so hopefully Ling's using his recent scouting experience to cherry pick the best players he's seen.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
exilegull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by exilegull »

Gulliball - I agree with you. I seem to recall Northampton spent some significant money a few years ago signing a number of players from mid and lower level Scottish Premier league teams and it didn't get them too far.
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

exilegull wrote:Gulliball - I agree with you. I seem to recall Northampton spent some significant money a few years ago signing a number of players from mid and lower level Scottish Premier league teams and it didn't get them too far.
Andy Kirk?

Though I agree with Gulliball about how it's difficult to translate the ability of the Scottish leagues to the English leagues.
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
Warwickgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: HOWE

Post by Warwickgull »

Seems Ling has more fingers in haggis's than pies at the moment, looks like a quality player.
Everybody has a photographic memory, some people just dont have film.
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

Thought the same as Mav. To hear that he's a penalty box striker reminds me of Benyon.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

The thing that appeals to me with his striker,its not just the case he has scored goals in the lower scottish league's ,he has scored in the SPL,and the MLS aswell,it just proves what this guy is,a goalscorer,i would not describe him just as a penalty box striker,judging on those video's he is not scared to come deep and let one fly from 30 yrds aswell as getting in the box for a tap in.

That said,this really is a tenuous link ,so doubt we will get to find out whether he is capable of banging them in for Torquay.
Formerly known as forevertufc