New kit available for Pre-Order

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

ferrarilover wrote: <3

Matt.
:na: you're a funny guy, fiat boy !! =D

no idea who julia is, but she was lovely on the phone anyway.

as for the poor fella who took my call today, having to explain how the new kits had missed their flight, well, don't think he could've sounded more embarrassed if he'd tried !!
Brady

I Wish I Was There
Robiberto22
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Robiberto22 »

Love it lol it is almost as if our club dosent need the revenue from the new kit so we will not conform with all the other clubs and do things in a organised manner, theres even two versions of the kit! (with different badges) Looks like someone will be getting there wish of seeing the boys run out in their underwear against burton lol :scarf:
ALAN KNILL'S YELLOW ARMY !!! - Oh wait ...
kingsgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: sloped off

Post by kingsgull »

Robiberto22 wrote:Love it lol it is almost as if our club dosent need the revenue from the new kit so we will not conform with all the other clubs and do things in a organised manner, theres even two versions of the kit! (with different badges) Looks like someone will be getting there wish of seeing the boys run out in their underwear against burton lol :scarf:

dont tell westbay this...
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Regiment »

Robiberto22 wrote:Love it lol it is almost as if our club dosent need the revenue from the new kit so we will not conform with all the other clubs and do things in a organised manner, theres even two versions of the kit! (with different badges) Looks like someone will be getting there wish of seeing the boys run out in their underwear against burton lol :scarf:

i had been told previously that the kit used for Leadbitter and Morris' arrival pics were taken with an early design, and the actual kit will be the one in the shop website pictures, with the blue circle background, but until the damn things arrive, i guess we'll not know for sure !!
Brady

I Wish I Was There
Robiberto22
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Robiberto22 »

i love the excuse aswel, classic, our shirts have missed the plane!
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

What really annoys me is I visited the club shop on Saturday and purchased a top from the range of new gear. They have some very decent stuff in there but have we advertised the new items??? at the very least is any of it on the club shop website??? - We all know the answer to that!

Does not make sense - we need income but consistently fail to provide avenues for this.

Well worth a visit to the shop though when at Plainmoor.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Regiment »

we always pick up something from the shop when we come down. as you say Rich, they have some nice gear in there. they really need to revamp the online shop, and update it more often. some of the pics are poor as well. it all seems a bit lazy to me, and should be handled a lot better than this. i thought things were improving, by the mere fact you could pre-order the new shirt - don't remember that happening before, but how can you plan for a missed flight !??!?! you'd assume that had it just "missed the flight" it would be on the next flight, so shouldn't be greatly delayed, but this is TUFC we're talking about ;-)

it would be nice if the club could come to an arrangement with a shop somewhere in the town, even if it's just a small range of stuff, so there was at least somewhere else to pick up merchandise. it would be advertising for the club as well.

was hoping to order up the kit today for my boy as its his birthday in a couple of weeks, so just hoping it'll be in and get delivered to us in time now.
Brady

I Wish I Was There
Bigman
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Bigman »

I've only just twigged that the reason we've been in black kit for all the friendlies is that we don't have the new yellow one yet. :Oops:

I'm assuming we'll have this as our home kit for a couple of years and change the away one next year. Alternating home and away to get a new one each season is about par.
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

I quite liked the look of the new kit when it was first introduced at the Chesterfield game, but now I'm not too sure I like it. Oh well, it doesn't matter what i think as I'm probably going to buy one anyway.
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

Richinns wrote:What really annoys me is I visited the club shop on Saturday and purchased a top from the range of new gear. They have some very decent stuff in there but have we advertised the new items??? at the very least is any of it on the club shop website??? - We all know the answer to that!

Does not make sense - we need income but consistently fail to provide avenues for this.

Well worth a visit to the shop though when at Plainmoor.
I'm moving abroad and want to stock up with Gulls gear to impress the Russkies! Wish they'd update soon!
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

The more I think about this, the more astonished I have become - so much so I emailed the club for their thoughts:

Hi there

I thought I would just drop you a quick email to explain a concern I have regards the commercial side of TUFC. I attended the pre-season friendly match against Burnley. Before kick-off I visited the club shop and was pleased by the new gear that was available. I happily purchased a top at the cost of £32.99 and went away happy.

However, after visiting the club shop online, I noticed that products shown are poorly presented and the updates from the new stock are not even displayed/available. In fact it seems that we are selling very little by visiting the shop online.

When thinking about this service I also thought how the club had done nothing in the ways of advertising this new stock. An article on the Official site, threads started on the two main TUFC fans forums, a Twitter/Facebook information release, a page in the Herald, a page in the programme, posters round the ground, purchasing selling space in a shop in the town centre etc etc - are all ideas that could (should?) have been employed here.
I find it beyond belief that the club (who need all the revenue it can possibly get) are not pushing the sales of these new items.

This is a complete separate issue to the on-going issues with the kit and the suppliers of it (let’s not open that can of worms!).

I hope this email is constructive in maybe helping you guys have a rethink about how you approach sales of merchandise because there are vast improvements that can be made to boost the much needed income a club like Torquay need to survive.

Please could you explain where you stand regards the issues raised as I would very much like a clearer understanding as to why we are not doing more in this area.

Many thanks for your time

Kind regards

Rich
TUFC Fan

I will let you know what feedback (if any) I get. Hopefully this might prove useful to future thinking in this area.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Robiberto22
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Robiberto22 »

Good shout Rich, be interesting to see what they have to say - if anything!
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Regiment »

nice one Rich, certainly worth a try.
Brady

I Wish I Was There
Robiberto22
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Robiberto22 »

its something that needs to surely be sorted out a bit the presentation of our club, from an outside point of view as much as anything - cannot be great. its almost as if they have just kinda ... forgot we have a online store or something
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

hector wrote:I initially really liked the kit when it was modelled at PLainmoor towards the end of the season but - perhaps it is the way it is presented - it doesn't seem so good now. I had thought it looked sort of retro but in the pictures it looks a little cheap.

I initially disliked the black kit but that has grown on me now but I really wish whoever designed our blue one from a few years ago and even last seasons home and the matching white one, was still designing our kits...perhaps they are but does not seem quite so good.

However, at least it is unique. If we had nike or adidas we would just be getting a yellow version of what everyone else is wearing and I like Vandanel for the fact we get bespoke kits from them, even though the service of getting that intial batch in is always a nightmare.

Pleased that it has been suggested that the shorts and socks are yellow too. Much prefer us in all yellow than with blue shorts or white socks as we changed to last year.

Furthermore, I noticed the club shop link is branding it the 2011/12 home kit. I wonder if they are going to start trying to alter it every year like they have been doing with the away kit the last few seasons.
agree.

a fine kit that blue one is.

its a pity that mine is spoilt with the the word "easter" and his number on the back - seeing as i "won" it in the end of season bidding thingy......... :no:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
We now head Due South to all games!

TUST Member 468