Kuffour leaving Rovers

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Gashead1979
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Gashead1979 »

Awayday wrote:The only way the wording of Joker4 can be construded as derogative if it was followed by something like "F***ing useless ****"

I enjoyed watching him in his time at Torquay and would have been a good loan player, but chances are he will go back to London.

A lot of gasheads wont miss him, but with the right partner up front (eg Lambert and now Harrold) he is really effective. Plus he has had to deal with 10 foot high long balls from defence most of his time here.

I hope he joins a L1 side when he finally does leave permenantly as I wouldnt fancy facing him.
Alpine Joe
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Alpine Joe »

Joker4 is quite amusing. I also liked Yahoo's headline referring to Joe's wish to leave Rovers: Go on now Jo,walk out Kuffour

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/01092011/ ... ffour.html

Seems he's not welcome anymore (8)
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Trojan 67 wrote:What amuses me about JK, is the poster who refers to JK as Joker4. :lol:

I'll clarify the above. Joe Kuffour and Joker4 sound precisely alike, with the four in Kuffour matching the 4 in Joker4. I don't see it as derogatory in any way.

I see it as a masterpiece in the play on "words" and the poster who coined it is to be applauded for their quickness of mind. :clap: :bow: :clap:

So who is the poster who plucked that classic out of the ether ?
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

well he must be quicker than you Trojan. lol
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
BritishGAS
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jason Roberts

Post by BritishGAS »

Awayday wrote:The only way the wording of Joker4 can be construded as derogative if it was followed by something like "F***ing useless ****"

I enjoyed watching him in his time at Torquay and would have been a good loan player, but chances are he will go back to London.
He is a F***ing useless ****.

Good riddance as far as I am concerned.

I gave him the benefit of the doubt before because I actually thought he would be a great asset in League 2, but he has been the big baby and threw his toys out of the pram, and he refused to play against Orient, stating that his head wasn't right to play. So he can f*ck right off.

He showed glimpses of what a good player he can be, when we had Lambert, and then Heffernan, and now Harrold, he looks good playing uptop with a guy who can actually hold the ball up, but he is so inconsistent and has no football brain whatsoever and does tricks when he doesn't need to, but when he does need to does f*ck all.

He is very well paid aswell for a 4th division footballer, so his wages saved would be a bonus.

Hopefully him going can now give Mgleish the chance to play upfront and score the goals that Jo uffour could only dream of despite being nearly 10 years older.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

So you are not impressed then !!!!