Meet up for Northampton?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by Awayday »

kingsgull wrote:

no hooters in Northampton then ??!!
What do you take us for? We do what everyone else does and waits for the next game at Notts County lol
tufc si
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by tufc si »

Awayday wrote:

What do you take us for? We do what everyone else does and waits for the next game at Notts County lol
Or next years pre season tour to the good old USA!!!....
oxgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Class of 69

Post by oxgull »

Southampton Gull wrote: So true. In TGI's I had the "large" rack of ribs but was expecting a large pigs ribs, not a piglets. Had to have a burger as well. Frankie and Benny's was great, apart from trying to put bloody ice in my Magners. The food and service was so much better, the Manageress was very fit as well ;-)

That settles where I will do lunch then chaps :-D Fit Manageress will also be checked out. Some of us are pretty much local then? I am only 40 minutes away, Chippy, Stratford and MK too. See you all there. The missus has just said that she doesn't want to go shopping in Northampton and will take herself off to Banbury. Suits me :clap:
Oblivion!!!!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Northampton always feels like a local game for me which is strange when you realise it's over 100 miles from here.

Looking forward to meeting some of you in Frankie and Benny's :scarf: :scarf:
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Father Jack
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Johhny Rudge

Post by Father Jack »

Southampton Gull wrote:Northampton always feels like a local game for me which is strange when you realise it's over 100 miles from here.
I suppose its a bit closer than Plainmoor for you though (and probably better roads) :whistle:
Arse! Drink!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Father Jack wrote: I suppose its a bit closer than Plainmoor for you though (and probably better roads) :whistle:

True enough, although since I started using the A303 the drive to home games seems so much better.
Dave

Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

has always been my intention to get to this game, and having been away for past few weeks, i'm in desperate need of a footy fix - spent last two days reading through all the posts i missed !!! unfortunately, not 100% sure at moment if i can make it. Fingers crossed, and hopefully see you all in the F&B pre-match.
Brady

I Wish I Was There
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Which road did you use previously then Dave?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

ferrarilover wrote:Which road did you use previously then Dave?

Matt.

The coastal road, Matt. Southampton - Dorchester - Honiton - Torquay. It can be quicker depending on traffic but the A303 is a much nicer drive, far less draining too.
Dave

Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

I'll be making the trip up to Northampton on Saturday, looking forward to it!! COYY!
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Father Jack
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Johhny Rudge

Post by Father Jack »

Southampton Gull wrote:The coastal road, Matt. Southampton - Dorchester - Honiton - Torquay. It can be quicker depending on traffic but the A303 is a much nicer drive, far less draining too.
Horrible bit of road the A30, even on 2 wheels there's a distinct lack of safe passing places :(
Arse! Drink!
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

I thought as much. Used to blast along that way early morning time back to Hampshire, great fun.

Not tried it on a bike though FJ, might have to borrow your machine one afternoon...

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

I too am making the trip to Northampton - always like a trip to Sixfields even if I've yet to see us get anything that positive out of it.
miltonkeynesgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by miltonkeynesgull »

Will be at this one - the Gulls don't come any closer to me than this game (unless we end up playing the franchise!).

Like Jeff, I'm hoping for the first positive result that I've seen at Sixfields since that amazing day at the beginning of 03/04.

Hope that we give Jakey Robinson a good reception as well!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

miltonkeynesgull wrote:Will be at this one - the Gulls don't come any closer to me than this game (unless we end up playing the franchise!).

Like Jeff, I'm hoping for the first positive result that I've seen at Sixfields since that amazing day at the beginning of 03/04.

Hope that we give Jakey Robinson a good reception as well!

After his classic tweet about "Only one team in Devon, yes right, they play in yellow" I'm certain it's guaranteed ;-)
Dave