There is only one Simon Baker

General chat about anything else goes here.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Rovers have , Morecambe , Cheltenham, Rotherham, Port Vale , Oxford and Burton to play not in that order in there next 6 matchs, never mind Bucks atleast you will soon have a tidy garden. :)
Formerly known as forevertufc
lovinthatsurf
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: mansell

Post by lovinthatsurf »

I have loved reading all this on a boring wet drab monday morning in my office..pmsl at the rovers forum..i may even sign up and participate! yep..we are doin ok, Argyle is sinking, Exeter fans are fed up,Buckle is Buckle and alls well in the world lol lol :) :)
in vino veritas
fallaces sunt rerum species
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Actually, there are at least two Simon Bakers... Just ask Diamondgirl!

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by diamondgirl »

Ferrari/Trojan. Did you know that our chairman shares the same name as "The Mentalist"? Is that just a coincidence or what?
"Thing's turn out best when you make the best of the way thing's turn out."
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

New series of the Mentalist starts 9/22, or is it 22nd of September ? :|

Whether it starts over here at the same time it starts in the States I don't know.

Is Red John dead ? :|
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Robiberto22
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Robiberto22 »

Really enjoyed reading thru that - seems things are really going to pot rarther quickly for old buckle
ALAN KNILL'S YELLOW ARMY !!! - Oh wait ...
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by diamondgirl »

Trojan 67 wrote:New series of the Mentalist starts 9/22, or is it 22nd of September ? :|

Whether it starts over here at the same time it starts in the States I don't know.
Is Red John dead ? :|
Not on tonight, Alan. Dont think it will start untill at least October. Check out the web site "Geek Town".
I still have 14 episodes of the last series to catch up on, so who knows if Red John is alive or dead. One will have to wait and see.
:devil:
"Thing's turn out best when you make the best of the way thing's turn out."
gasrex
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by gasrex »

forevertufc wrote:Rovers have , Morecambe , Cheltenham, Rotherham, Port Vale , Oxford and Burton to play not in that order in there next 6 matchs, never mind Bucks atleast you will soon have a tidy garden. :)

Well thats Morecambe dealt with =D
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

............just ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

gasrex wrote:
Well thats Morecambe dealt with =D
Guess i asked for that :na:
gasrex
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by gasrex »

forevertufc wrote: Guess i asked for that :na:
And maybe i should have posted something after the sixth game rather than the 1st :-|

We were quite good though. Quite an entertaining match, and a million times better than the dross against Aldershot and Crawley. Although I do think we will ship a few goals this season. Despite us being the better side (honest) Morecambe had a couple of very good chances to equalise, including a candidate for miss of the season.
gasrex
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by gasrex »

You will be pleased to know we were shite today. Last week we go to the league leaders and win, this week we totally change the starting line up- bizarre.
Still, East Fife 4 Forfar 3 cheered me up a bit.
Robiberto22
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Robiberto22 »

must say i'm suprized at your'e result today rex, i really fort rovers where starting to pick up and push on - im still of the opinion u will make the playoffs at least tho u have to pick up soon
ALAN KNILL'S YELLOW ARMY !!! - Oh wait ...
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

gasrex wrote:You will be pleased to know we were shite today. Last week we go to the league leaders and win, this week we totally change the starting line up- bizarre.
Still, East Fife 4 Forfar 3 cheered me up a bit.
Well Rex , you got Morecambe, i have Cheltenham, so thats 1.1 , i believe :)
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

My confidence in Paul Buckle is starting to slip away. I was pleased with his appointment initially and like many others had high expectations after the major clearout of last years deadwood. Quite a number of his signings are worthy of the quarters but I fear that Buckle maybe neither mature, intelligent or experienced enough to gain us promotion.

The performance against Aldershot was dire, it followed on from an uninspired but lucky win against Shrewsbury. Buckle claimed after the Aldershot debacle that the hoofball was not what the players had practised in training (not his fault then). Better things followed at Morecambe because Buckle was able to field his front four for the first time since the opening game against Wimbledon (due to injuries). Today against Chelts we again looked like a bunch of strangers.

Given the success at Morecambe we should have been looking for an unchanged team today and in fairness he was forced to leave out McGleish and Gill due to injury. To minimise the disruption he should be replacing the injured players and keeping the rest of the team unchanged, but no, Buckle sees it an opportunity to switch everything around just to see what happens.

Harrold is demoted to the bench (unbelievable). Zebroski and Anyinsah are played in different positions from Morecambe. Carayol is brought in as a winger but doesn't play wide most of the time. Richards is brought in and doesn't seem to have a clue what's expected of him. Stanley plays for Gill and Byron Anthony is made Captain. It only needs an injury or two and the team bares little resemblance to last weeks winning combination and guess what happens?

Post match interview and Buckle blames injuries (again) for having to make changes and yet he's making them for the sake of it and the players are left out of position and looking like strangers. Does he know what he's doing?
To quote from one of their fans..

:rofl: