Bodin

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

Am I the only one who has yet to be convinced by Bodin? Whenever i've seen him he has hardly done anything! Although admittedly I seem to always skip going to the games that he scores in!

However, we don't have anything better waiting on the bench, so it would be sensible to try and tie him up for the rest of the season
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

brucie wrote:We do not what Robinson - he is crap,
For the first time ever brucie, I think I agree with you.

Robinson seems to spend most of his time dribbling round people then wasting chances from 40 yards well over the bar. He rarely seems to actually create anything for the team and his crossing wasn't great, even when he turned back onto his right foot from the left.

That said, I'd say he's still better than Stevens on a normal day.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Didn't mind Robinson, attacking players with a bit of quality are fine by me. Technically much better than Zebroski but like Zebroski I'm not sure what is Robinson's besst position.

After a slow start I thought Stevens was very good on Monday. Again he's technically very good, has a good footballing brain but I always thought he just physically couldn't cope playing every week in League 2, he is this year and he's doing a really good job for the team.

I'd like us to keep Bodin ideally, like Ling said we'd need someone of that type with a bit of pace and trickery to play wide in this system.
kingsgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: sloped off

Post by kingsgull »

i would definitely want Bodin and am convinced by him....i also rate Robinson and he was our only goal threat at the play-offs (hit the bar) but needs "to feel loved" not meant in any gay way...just nuturing and then you'll get the best out of him.....
TUFCforever
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by TUFCforever »

I agree with what has already been said if we can get Bodin back then that would be a massive plus as he already knows the players and how the team plays under Ling. I thought Robinson was good for us at the time but feel that their could be better around. I still think we are lacking a bit up front and would like to see Lingy bring in a experinced Striker to take some pressure off Howe as the lone striker.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by royalgull »

if Argyle didn't want him I think Chadwick could do a similar job to Howe, in terms of hold up play and bringing others into play.

But from the sounds of it we are just after a winger/striker ideally Bodin and I'd be happy with that. That's if nobody goes.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Yep, upfront is our weak spot. I don't feel Atieno is up to it, and if Howe misses anymore then I worry. Ideally we keep what we have now, get Billy back and also get a striker in too, just to take some pressure off Rene.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Atieno is a decent replacement for Howe but I don't think we can ever see him as a first teamer. We could never rely on him for goals but he's certainly decent at being a targetman and winning the 50/50 long balls. Against Swindon especially, he beat their defence to most of them within genuine chance of reaching it.

Howe has more to his game though, so would always be the first choice. With both of them though, we need wingers getting 10 goals a season and this is my main worry with Bodin, will he do that? Well, Stevens is closer than Bodin is.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by royalgull »

i don't mind Atieno, he does some really rubbish things at times but also does some very good things. i thought he was excellent at Argyle in the main. Constant threat and when we were hanging on, he held it up, won throw ins and did a brilliant job relieving the pressure/killing the game for us.

Ideal world if we could afford it I'd take Bodin and another forward then we'd have Howe, AN other, Atieno as our main 3 and would give us a few more options in terms of a plan B. Obviously finance will dictate it in terms of what we can and can't do. Atieno's been given a run in the side and I think it's only then that you can judge players not 10 minute cameo's where it's difficult to get in the game. I think Atieno's done well filling in for Howe and has proven to be worth a squad place. I'm reserving judgement on the likes of McPhee as well until he gets the same sort of opportunity. With Ling's record so far of getting the maximum out of people I wouldn't write anyone in the squad off just yet.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Can't wait to see who Martin Ling will bring in if Bodin does not return. Chadwick has now signed permanently for Plymouth. Since Taiwo came back into the side we have been unbeaten.. ;-)
DerbyGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by DerbyGull »

Just seen Swindon are bidding for Rooney (Luke not Wayne, not even Di Canio would be that cocky). Surely this is yet another player that Di Canio would put ahead of Bodin.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16442769.stm

Seen comments on the Swindon local newspaper site that are all saying that he should come back to Torquay for the rest of the season instead of warming the bench, if he can get on it, back there to get experience!!
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Six figures for a guy from another L2 club and out of contract 4 months from now. Jesus, how the hell are we even close to competing with teams like this?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

ferrarilover wrote:Six figures for a guy from another L2 club and out of contract 4 months from now. Jesus, how the hell are we even close to competing with teams like this?

Matt.

We have competed with them : "Six figures for a guy from another L2 club and out of contract 4 months . . .

. . . Elliot Benyon.

Mugged them we did.
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

Well Matt it shows how Ling has done with us. He has not got the spending power but has done just as well.
Thankfully these days, clubs cant afford lots of players so decent players are avaliable on a free.

One day a L2 club from devon who wear yellow will get a big fee for a player. He may have 12 months on a contract or even less. (Eunan of course)
If im honest rooney is a class player and could possibly but up there with 1 of the hot prospects just like O'Kane
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

The price of a player is not necessarily the same as his value, nor an indication of his future form or the skills he will develop or of how well he will fit into any particular squad. A good manager and coach can assemble (in theory at least) a great team from other clubs' rejects or by realising potential in a player which others could never see. We're fortunate to have such a manager in Martin Ling.