Rotherham United v Torquay United 13/3/12

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

We had 89 at the Bury game last year, the only time we took less than three figures to a game all season, and we've yet to this season either (Smallest was Accrington with 104).
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

The Bury game was the one in which i got stuck in traffic on the M62 and had to turn back as i wouldn't have made it. If i remember it was a night game and watching the live scores at home i saw we went 1 down early doors and thanked God i'd not made it. Then we turned it round second half and got an late/injury time winner if i'm right?

I reckon that there will be over 100 of us there tomorrow night, myself and Owl colleague included ( when i say 'owl colleague' i don't mean i'll be attending the game with a tawny who can rotate his head 360 degrees and emit pellets, but a Sheffield Wednesday follower who is a human - just about anyway! ). I've been to both our games at the DV and this one will hopefully be third time lucky. If there are any of you northern gulls out there that maybe use the site but don't post then get your arses down to DVS , it beats Long Stanton Spice Museum hands down! I'll probably be going near the back too ben & alex so hopefully we can get some songs going that the lads on the pitch can hear. I'll take some loudspeakers ala Sevilla! :lol:

Of course i won't but i will be shouting lots and lots and lots until my bronchial issues return. :Z :scarf:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

me and two mates coming, so thats five at least, i think my cousins lad plus two battling up from devon too

oh and by the way, regarding the removal of my funny link, why does this site have to be classed as a family one, other forums i'm on permit foul language, are there really any children on here?? its a sign of all thats wrong with football these days, more swearing, less children please!! you'll be telling me that i cant type this stood up next!!

and i'd just like to underline the fact that i have never been to the aforementioned establishment!! not any of the slightly less classy clubs in the attercliffe area!
still keeping the faith
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Alexgulls and Bengull are going and Jeff promised he'd be there if we beat Crawley. I reckon Gazzab from dirty Leeds will be there and Emets going with someone else. We've nearly got 20 between us! Hey this is great, if you're out there and you're going clap your hands (and post in) , if you're out there and you're going clap your hands ( and post in), if you're out there and you're going and we've just no way of knowing then if you're out there and you're going just post in! Come on everybody ( fecking hell i sound like Jive Bunny now! ), just feel the mood and let the vibe take you to the ambience of the DVS. Let us know if you are planning to go and who with and we can do a running total!
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

austrianandygull wrote:Alexgulls and Bengull are going and Jeff promised he'd be there if we beat Crawley. I reckon Gazzab from dirty Leeds will be there and Emets going with someone else. We've nearly got 20 between us! Hey this is great, if you're out there and you're going clap your hands (and post in) , if you're out there and you're going clap your hands ( and post in), if you're out there and you're going and we've just no way of knowing then if you're out there and you're going just post in! Come on everybody ( fecking hell i sound like Jive Bunny now! ), just feel the mood and let the vibe take you to the ambience of the DVS. Let us know if you are planning to go and who with and we can do a running total!

We had better get a result or that's your happy clappy mood gone out the window.
:lol:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

:clap:

Love it, looks like we might even beat the Bury figure from here alone!

I stand corrected on the figure. I think the 55 I was part of was against Chester under Atkins - a game was postponed on the Saturday and re-arranged for the Tuesday immediately after, so I imagine a lot of people couldn't sort out leave etc to go. it was a rubbish game, in the driving rain, we drew 1-1 clinging on for dear life with 10 men after Lee Thorpe got a straight red for dropping the nut on Ben Davies for no apparant reason.

I love a good northern midweek away trip!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Jeff wrote::clap:

Love it, looks like we might even beat the Bury figure from here alone!

I stand corrected on the figure. I think the 55 I was part of was against Chester under Atkins - a game was postponed on the Saturday and re-arranged for the Tuesday immediately after, so I imagine a lot of people couldn't sort out leave etc to go. it was a rubbish game, in the driving rain, we drew 1-1 clinging on for dear life with 10 men after Lee Thorpe got a straight red for dropping the nut on Ben Davies for no apparant reason.

I love a good northern midweek away trip!

That's the spirit Jeff!

You probably enjoy northern midweek away trips as much as i adore southern midwek away trips :-/
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Andy Gurney

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

austrianandygull wrote:Alexgulls and Bengull are going and Jeff promised he'd be there if we beat Crawley. I reckon Gazzab from dirty Leeds will be there and Emets going with someone else. We've nearly got 20 between us! Hey this is great, if you're out there and you're going clap your hands (and post in) , if you're out there and you're going clap your hands ( and post in), if you're out there and you're going and we've just no way of knowing then if you're out there and you're going just post in! Come on everybody ( fecking hell i sound like Jive Bunny now! ), just feel the mood and let the vibe take you to the ambience of the DVS. Let us know if you are planning to go and who with and we can do a running total!
Someone has removed my post, have we a pikey as a mod? I'll reitterate, theres 3 of us going, maybe 4. You'll find us easy, me and the 'tache are 6'2", Ive got grey hair and hes got a right shiner from an unprovoked attack (from behind of course) by one of our 'traveller' friends in the early hours of Saturday morning when 3 of these charming young men caught him on his own at a taxi rank in Donny town centre. 3/1 are the minimum odds these brave boys will tackle anyone with :@ . My mate Randall (leader of The Time Bandits) is 5' nowt in his platform shoes.
Come and say hello.
'Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with their experience!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Nobody has removed or modified your post. I've just checked the logs and there's no entry there.
Dave

AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Sounds like a decent amount going from here which is good. Plus the rest that travel up. I'm heading up on the travel club with Ben gull and the Gruffalo...So it should be a good day just hope we can get a result and keep up the good run.
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

Southampton Gull wrote:Nobody has removed or modified your post. I've just checked the logs and there's no entry there.
Well I typed one out about how lovely our traveller friends are etc, must have hit wrong button somewhere. It did contain some 'graphic' descriptions of my opinions on our most popular 'ethnic' minority, thought thats why it didn't appear.
Gercha
'Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with their experience!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

I stopped going rahnd Donneh years ago Emet, it was full of drunk fashionistas AND bleeps and squeaks techno music. As someone who is into severe metal, a trip into tahn nowadays fills me with dread. Besides i need to sit down in every pub now! Used to go in the Snooker club first on st sep gate for a few frames then up the pubs on hallgate and around the danum hotel. There was plenty of trouble then and i reckon it's probably ten times worse now. What are 'The Time Bandits' Emet if you don't mind me asking?
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Emet, if it was deemed racist or offensive then it would be removed/edited etc but I can promise you there was no action taken or it would show in the Logs.

Can I remind people that this is a Match Thread and is likely to be seen by a lot of people. Keep the comments on here specific to the game itself please. I'll leave you guys to edit your posts and move the comments to the Rant thread in the Popside.

Thanks.
Dave

Gazzableedsgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by Gazzableedsgull »

i'm in a dilema!!! getting to the game from Leeds is fine .. its getting home, now the Supertram from DV to Meadowhall is fine and the train from Meadowhall to Leeds gets in at half 11ish but there is no way i can get back from Leeds at that time or its a 30 quid taxi home which i cant afford!
Dreaming Of Promotion ..
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

Southampton Gull wrote:Emet, if it was deemed racist or offensive then it would be removed/edited etc but I can promise you there was no action taken or it would show in the Logs.
OK mate, like i said I must have hit something wrongly.
austrianandygull wrote:I stopped going rahnd Donneh years ago Emet, it was full of drunk fashionistas AND bleeps and squeaks techno music. As someone who is into severe metal, a trip into tahn nowadays fills me with dread. Besides i need to sit down in every pub now! Used to go in the Snooker club first on st sep gate for a few frames then up the pubs on hallgate and around the danum hotel. There was plenty of trouble then and i reckon it's probably ten times worse now. What are 'The Time Bandits' Emet if you don't mind me asking?
As for Time Bandits, are you telling me you have never seen this film? One of my all time favourites. Look it up on IMDB and try to watch it.
Brilliant, funny, made by the Python team (who along with a number of big stars like Sean Connery for eg star in it). :clap: